IGNORED

Surprise on Sunday.

Ashtonwurzel

4 hours ago, phantom said:

16 years and 278 days - against Wycombe in the league cup

I must correct you. It was the JPT. His debut holds particular significance for me as he was the first player to play a 1st team game for City who was born after I was. 

Raheem Sterling holds the same accolade but for England. 

26 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Tbf I've seen Sam Pearson a few times for the u23s and he did look good. 

Both Twins are seemingly rated, who were the last set of brothers to play simultaneously for City?

The Rougiers?

:fear:

I’m always wary of a young player coming out of nowhere to make their debut. It often results in not very much.

Just ask, is it worth a 16 year old being put in for their debut if they’re not likely to play again for another 2 or 3 years? 

6 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

I’m always wary of a young player coming out of nowhere to make their debut. It often results in not very much.

Just ask, is it worth a 16 year old being put in for their debut if they’re not likely to play again for another 2 or 3 years? 

Hmm, potentially used to show young players what hard work can earn, and to demonstrate that they’ll be noticed. 

8 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

If he's actually any good, are we gonna be able to keep him or will it be another Herbie Kane/Jacob Maddox/Rolando Aarons situation? We've still got a Cat 2 academy, can Cat 1s still pinch out players?

We could have kept Rolando Aarons if we'd offered him a contract.  We didn't so he found someone else..

7 hours ago, Olé said:

A winger from the Under-16's? LJ really will go to any extreme not to play Eliasson. ;)

Tyreeq Bakinson (who lets not forget is alleged to have cost us £500k) was billed as someone we would see this season, and this is the last chance.

He won't break our age record, but I'd be amazed and disappointed if he's not involved on Sunday, as he stood out a mile the few times I've seen him.

Haven’t listened to the interview yet, but if this kid starts in front of Eliasson (unless he’s one of the injured), then it is a massive piss-take imho.

There is one thing training with the first team and actually playing.  Baldwin was training with the first team regularly, and apart from travelling with the squad, never got in the 18 as far as I know.

Why are we only hearing about him now?

I love to see the kids come through, gives the home support something to look forward to, and of course he could be the next star, but this has come from nowhere.

Sorry to take such a dim view of this.

50 minutes ago, The Bard said:

We could have kept Rolando Aarons if we'd offered him a contract.  We didn't so he found someone else..

Even he has said it was the right decision for him to be released because he needed the kick up the backside. Not entirely sure it's worked completely though. Currently on loan at Verona after failing to kick on at Newcastle and recently appeared in court to plead guilty to affray, sentencing to take place on May 22nd.

Loads all over social media about Sam Pearson making his debut, so much out there that I can’t think it won’t happen now.

Great for him, but as others have said there are players who have been patiently (or not) waiting their time. 

7 hours ago, Super said:

Hopefully a few young ones get a chance considering it's a meaningless game for both teams.

I imagine most of us would want to win, as we could still finish anywhere between 7th and 11th.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Loads all over social media about Sam Pearson making his debut, so much out there that I can’t think it won’t happen now.

Great for him, but as others have said there are players who have been patiently (or not) waiting their time. 

Bit of a ‘PR move’ (It would she unkind to the lad to call it a ‘stunt’) to show that we have a ‘pathway’ ?

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Dunno.  Just saying that I've been told by someone who would know that we actually didn't offer him a contract so he just left.

Yes. We didn’t offer him a contract because we couldn’t wait to get shot of him. For the very reasons he’s been up in court in Newcastle. The people he associated himself with were not really to our liking and we’ve been proven correct. 

2 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

Yes. We didn’t offer him a contract because we couldn’t wait to get shot of him. For the very reasons he’s been up in court in Newcastle. The people he associated himself with were not really to our liking and we’ve been proven correct. 

One of the guys he is in court with is from Easton, so it seems he may not of rid of these bad eggs

Archived