IGNORED

when is the new kit due to come out?

lgbbcf

9 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

So I agree completely. Given Preston who spent next to nothing on players finished just outside the playoffs shows that this league is not all about the money, and by being shrewd, and managing expectations, a club can make consistent progress year on year without breaking the bank. 

The sense of entitlement at BCFC has been caused by two things. Firstly the amount of money the club has been throwing around lately. On our books we have a squad we have payed over 20 million for since the Summer of 2016 in fees alone*. Now I appreciate we sold Kodjia in that time for 11 million, rising to 15 million, but that is still at best a 5 million loss over two years in players. When fans have to pay more, and the club start paying more for it's recruitment, fans begin to expect a certain level of performance. Now I don't think fans should expect that, but it is an understandable reaction.

The second reason is the rhetoric coming from the club. Specifically LJs comments regarding the Europa League in 5 years. Now obviously tongue in cheek when he said it, the performances up until January, with the added media hype, saw fans start to believe we were that good. When it became apparent that we weren't that good, people got frustrated.

I would love the club to follow Prestons example. Tighten the purse strings on recruitment and invest in scouting and youth development. When we went to Man City for one of the toughest games in our history, the majority of the starting XI were in our promotion team and cost a combined 1 million ish. Now you can make arguments for Kodjia who was not only a good player, but very profitable. However for every Kodjia there is a Mags, Engvall, Tomlin etc, who we lose money on. 

BS need to change tact in my opinion and if they properly manage expectations, then the fanbase will be happier and more content. 

*I haven't properly worked it out, just a quick estimate based on the rumoured fees payed. However it'll be between 17-23 million I think.

With Preston its not even really the academy to such a an extent. Its been giving younger prem players runs im the team such as Ben Pearson, Callum Robinson, Daniel Johnson, Josh Harrop;

Punts on lower league players with good technical or physical ability such as Jordan Hugill, Sean Maguire, Tom Barkhuizen, and Chris Maxwell.

Decent experience with Tom Clarke, Paul Huntington, and Paul Gallagher, even Cunningham to an extend having known how tough the championship can be from his relegation with us.

The only youth players in their current team are Ben Davies and Alan Browne.

But I also agree. Highlights how far a decent and consistant academy system and very good scouting can get you. They may not get every signing right. But its consistant barring a few below pars from the Irish league such as Boyle, Horgan, and from other CH and L1 clubs with Doyle, and Pringle.

On 05/05/2018 at 00:04, otib118 said:

I thought we shipped all our old stock out to Africa and places like That as a good will type thing, could be wrong mind! 

Shameful when you think about it; they should have handed them out to the poor children of North Bristol. Far more needy. Think about it folks. Another masterly balls up by the club.

On 03/05/2018 at 10:20, phantom said:

Many years ago we went through a phase of wearing the following seasons kit at the last game

But we haven't done this for a while

Pretty sure the last few years the kits have come out quite late - was it last season the away kit was just before we played?

Either way the current shirts are still be sold at full price so the club are not going to be bringing out anything new whilst they have current stock to flog

Shame they don't drop the price like they used to. Only time I ever bought a shirt. 

I always thought that clubs delayed their kit releases around the World Cup because it's silly to put a club kit out when people are looking to buy a national kit.

Once England bomb out and the hype dies down I reckon we'll see the new kit on sale. If the kit is shit we might even see it earlier so the anger dies down a bit.

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Last game of the season 45 mins before kickoff no que at the tills pretty much everything still full price , 

complete greed that backfires wonder if anyone can answer what happens to all that stock ? 

Presumably people are still buying it. 

7 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Shame they don't drop the price like they used to. Only time I ever bought a shirt. 

I think the last few 'black Friday's' there were some good discounts in the club shop. 

I remember buying the Harry Dolman book.. mug, glass, scarf etc etc for Christmas gifts :laughcont:

Then I had an email a few days later saying xx%  (cant remember the figure) off everything for black Friday. :facepalm:

Agreed there should be an end of season sale though to help clear stock as mentioned in previous posts.

On 03/05/2018 at 16:42, BRISTOL86 said:

I meant break even as in earn the same revenue as selling them at full price.

I’m not saying the price is right but I’ve no doubt that if they thought they’d end up with more money by discounting then no doubt they would. They probably have years of data from when they did do heavy end of season discounts to inform their pricing.  

Archived