IGNORED

Weston super mare day out (Merged)

Topper 123

On 05/05/2018 at 17:17, harrys said:

Come off it Spoons, WSM is a dump and this is coming from someone brought up in Filwood Broadway 

You're wrong mate. I thought it was a dump  but been there a fair few times over the past couple of years and its as good as anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

You're wrong mate. I thought it was a dump  but been there a fair few times over the past couple of years and its as good as anywhere.

Spoons in town isnt great but the one on the seafront is great

Weston's not too bad- used to go when I was younger.

Liked the old pier, shame it burnt down. Sea- from memory, I never went in it, has a nickname of Weston Super Mud for a reason. Not been for a while though, maybe it's cleaner now?

Not a bad place though, certainly worse daytrips. Walk to Sand Bay is quite enjoyable on a sunny day too.

So folks everything is sorted we have outside bar , barbecue marquee and stage with group Jilted Joe cover  to madness ub40 specials, bad manners day looks like a cracker all welcome just a city fan summer jolly boys and girls day out 

On 06/05/2018 at 21:03, MattWSM said:

I went to a Tranmere City Friday night game in the early nineties. When I parked  a couple of 10 year olds said have you got a pound mate and we'll look after your car 

i must have parked in the same road, they asked me for a quid to look after the car and i said  ' i don't need you  i've got my guard dog  in the car and he'll look after it ! '

They just looked at me and said ' ....puts out fires does he ? '

23 hours ago, Magger1 said:

So folks everything is sorted we have outside bar , barbecue marquee and stage with group Jilted Joe cover  to madness ub40 specials, bad manners day looks like a cracker all welcome just a city fan summer jolly boys and girls day out 

Good band that!

Great day planned for tomorrow at Weston folks this is becoming very popular pre season drink , join us it’s only down the road , I’ve sorted a ska band , barlbie outside bar and  dj sun is free . Fun starts about midday ALL WELCOME COYR 

12 minutes ago, Gifford said:

Seems odd to have this on a day City are playing

I'd complain to City about choosing a day when a City thing had already been planned.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Pretty sure this has been arranged a lot longer than our friendly with Shrewsbury. Personally think it’s a fantastic effort. And for a lot of people to catch up

Yep , I'd say a month/months before RA. 

I can't go , for various reasons, should be a great day. I'll try and make next year. I'll have to make do with a trip up the Lions for flag day.

17 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'd complain to City about choosing a day when a City thing had already been planned.

Yep , I'd say a month/months before RA. 

I can't go , for various reasons, should be a great day. I'll try and make next year. I'll have to make do with a trip up the Lions for flag day.

The last time I tried to go to that I didn't think to check the time and found I was walking towards it when everyone was walking to AG.

Doh!

Just now, harrys said:

So I dislike WSM, what’s wrong with that? Some people are so precious, get a grip

I imagine quite a few people who follow city and contribute on this forum live in Weston?

So probably not the best comments to make. But if you're happy making them don't snap when you get some comments coming your way !

Archived