IGNORED

Today’s game support for Big Mick

Wolf Island

On these boards, in pubs and workplaces there is one name on people’s lips - Big Mick McCarthy. Let’s send a message to him, to LJ MA JL and SL today that we want him in BS3. The LJ era will soon be over and glory awaits but us fans need to give this one last push over the edge. CTID

3 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

On these boards, in pubs and workplaces there is one name on people’s lips - Big Mick McCarthy. Let’s send a message to him, to LJ MA JL and SL today that we want him in BS3. The LJ era will soon be over and glory awaits but us fans need to give this one last push over the edge. CTID

your brave, I would put your tin hat on if I were you!!

An interesting post.

However given the way Ipswich played this season, their fans were not disappointed when Mick McCarthy left.

As for the LJ era; only five months ago, (I know all fans are fickle), many forum members were scared he'd be poached by a Prem team.

6 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

You just don't get it, do you?      :disapointed2se:

What a nausiating post for a day where every city fan should be celebrating the closure of a great season. 

Why great? 

At the start of the season would you have been delighted with a top half finish (could be 7th/8th?) 

If so show, your support for all mangement of OTiB, the club. If not what we're you expecting? 

Then would you think we will be in a better place come the end of next season?. If 'no' you must surely agree the MA age ment and players have excelled this season. 

I doubt you go regularly to games!! 

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

An interesting post.

However given the way Ipswich played this season, their fans were not disappointed when Mick McCarthy left.

As for the LJ era; only five months ago, (I know all fans are fickle), many forum members were scared he'd be poached by a Prem team.

That’s true, and I was supportive of LJ then. But this second awful run has made me think he just hasn’t got what it takes to build or motivate a hardened promotion winning squad

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

What a nausiating post for a day where every city fan should be celebrating the closure of a great season. 

Why great? 

At the start of the season would you have been delighted with a top half finish (could be 7th/8th?) 

If so show, your support for all mangement of OTiB, the club. If not what we're you expecting? 

Then would you think we will be in a better place come the end of next season?. If 'no' you must surely agree the MA age ment and players have excelled this season. 

A great season where management and players have excelled? We will have to agree to disagree on that one sir. 

15 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Go on then - Bring your MM banner and bust your lungs out blasting his name. You'll look like a ******* wally doing it all on your own.

I'm always up for a laugh on Bank Hols! :clap:

2 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

What don’t I get robbo?

That LJ is the manager that SL employed to implement his long term philosophy of recruiting young players, developing them out on loan, gaining competitive league football experience with the idea that some of them will reach Championship standard and become a home grown first team squad player.

Already we see Bryan, Reid and Kelly as regulars. It's probable that Vyner will be knocking on the door next season.

Long term sustainability and stability is what SL is trying to achieve with LJ as the main man and head coach and MA currently as CEO.

So.....holding up a banner or something similar wanting MM in is a complete and utter wastes of time and effort. Don't bother is my advice.

25 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Please put down the crack pipe.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That LJ is the manager that SL employed to implement his long term philosophy of recruiting young players, developing them out on loan, gaining competitive league football experience with the idea that some of them will reach Championship standard and become a home grown first team squad player.

Already we see Bryan, Reid and Kelly as regulars. It's probable that Vyner will be knocking on the door next season.

Long term sustainability and stability is what SL is trying to achieve with LJ as the main man and head coach and MA currently as CEO.

So.....holding up a banner or something similar wanting MM in is a complete and utter wastes of time and effort. Don't bother is my advice.

Well we know LJ is loyal, its not like  he's ever buggered off as soon as a better opportunity has arisen has he? :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Presumably a joke thread?

What I hate most about this post is that it is assuming a majority would want Mick McCarthy. Has had his good run as a manager but has done nothing of note lately. Does a good job on a  small budget for sure. Doesn’t mean he’d do well with a decent one. 

I am happy with LJ having another go next season. Will be a time when the questions need to be asked but it isn’t after this season. If he were to go, I’d want someone else who will continue to blood youngsters and know that peak value players will have a price tag that if met will be sold. 

9 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Well we know LJ is loyal, its not like  he's ever buggered off as soon as a better opportunity has arisen has he? :ph34r:

I do think it’s different for him with City....but I think that nobody would begrudge anyone (player or manager) a shot at the Prem.  If LJ was to go to another Champ team, I would be surprised, unless it was a really big fish....say a Newcastle (like 16-17)

I don’t see West Brom wanting him, and with their money troubles (£55m parachute aside), I'd leave them well alone.  Their squad will break-up and they’ll be left with ageing players on the decline.

41 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Presumably somebody's already pushed you?

11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I seriously doubt he would. He'd want to manage in the PL of course but the strategy is to get there with City.

That said if a PL outfit offered him three times his current salary, he'd be nuts to turn to it down. However if he did turn down such an offer that would be a true sign of loyalty to the SL and club.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I seriously doubt he would. He'd want to manage in the PL of course but the strategy is to get there with City.

That said if a PL outfit offered him three times his current salary, he'd be nuts to turn to it down. However if he did turn down such an offer that would be a true sign of loyalty to the SL and club.

Or SL has photos :shocking:

45 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

A great season where management and players have excelled? We will have to agree to disagree on that one sir. 

Where did you expect us to finish this season before the Barnsley game then? 

If we haven't 'excelled' then you must have been expecting a top 6 finish? 

50 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Why great? 

Great HALF season. 

2 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

As someone who has mentioned McCarthy a number of times as someone I would welcome here, I would like to formally disassociate myself from this guff.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

What I hate most about this post is that it is assuming a majority would want Mick McCarthy. Has had his good run as a manager but has done nothing of note lately. Does a good job on a  small budget for sure. Doesn’t mean he’d do well with a decent one. 

Yet there are rumours he's considering the Sunderland job.

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Why great? 

It's really not been a great season

Archived