IGNORED

I will start this before HT

Alan Dicks

4 minutes ago, Red said:

ok the 20 odd games i think so

Our 20th game of the season was a win over Cardiff on 4/11/17.

Given that one of our most complete performance was a month later and our form didnt go sour for 2 months from that Caridff game, your claim is revisionism at best.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Given that one of our most complete performance was a month later and our form didnt go sour for 2 months from that Caridff game, your claim is revisionism at best.

What a frigging BORE

Jesus wept that was poor. No pride and worst of all no effort whatsoever.

Don’t want to single players out but what was Bryan doing for the 2nd and 3rd goals? He just can’t be arsed. If he’s going to play like that we’ll be better off without the lazy ****

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Whilst I agree with what you say, I can't help but think you must be fun at a party.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Come on James you’re splitting hairs here, we know what he was getting at.

Anyway he said we played well for 20 games - that doesn’t necessarily mean every single one of the first 20 games.

My biggest question with LJ is he too nice? Look at Wilder stood up and shouting and instructing. SU have nothing to play for but he has clearly given them reason to fight perhaps for their jobs mext season. LJ sat with arms behind his back or in his pockets. Last game of season and same dross is starting. Bryan and Pato not had good game in months keep walking into starting XI. There is a too cosy element to the club and does LJ have the personality to get away from that? Big question that needs a quick answer. 

Up in Stoke visiting the family, I was gonna get the 5:45 bus because I didn't want to miss this game... Kind of glad I didn't bother. I've never said this before but it's just not working with Johnson anymore and it's about time that both the club and Johnson moved on and we start looking for a manager that has much more experience, talent and fire in him. OK, first part of the season. Great. But where we are now is what matters, and it's clear to see that Johnson isn't the man that is going to take us to greater heights. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

My biggest question with LJ is he too nice? Look at Wilder stood up and shouting and instructing. SU have nothing to play for but he has clearly given them reason to fight perhaps for their jobs mext season. LJ sat with arms behind his back or in his pockets. Last game of season and same dross is starting. Bryan and Pato not had good game in months keep walking into starting XI. There is a too cosy element to the club and does LJ have the personality to get away from that? Big question that needs a quick answer. 

I suspect are right, given how he keeps saying the players need more love. What role does that play in the kind of 'meh' attitude that seems to prevail I wonder?

I like Johnson, I really want him to work out for us and I like, in theory, what we’re trying to do with signing younger players.

Despite that, aside from the form, one thing that concerned me was the ‘players that need love’ comment or whatever it was he said. That didn’t strike me as a winning mentality at all. 

Can you imagine Cristiano Ronaldo or Usain Bolt ‘needing love’ to perform? I’ve tried to be positive and optimistically predicted we’d make the playoffs.. but when he said that I had a suspicion we wouldn’t. Just seems to me totally the wrong mindset to foster in a competitive environment.

I really hope Johnson turns it around.. but even I as one of his bigger fans overall am very worried about his recruitment; especially if Reid/Flint/Pack/Bryan leave this summer. Budget or not, and easy to say in hindsight, but our recruitment was appalling in Jan. 

Big big summer for LJ.

Someone obviously forgot to tell Sheffield Utd that this game was a dead rubber and we weren’t bothered.

Plus it appears that as well as our team not being bothered, many fans aren’t bothered enough to attend today and even the live match centre ain’t bothered, with an error code inside of any coverage.

Forever looking forward so......second half we just need to do a Sunderland!

Didnt go today as my mate away, been out on Lambretta on a glorious day in Burnham and put phone back on.................God, just paid DD on my next years ST 1st May as well. oh well after 60 years why am I not worked up about this, oh well into Weston on the scoot.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I like Johnson, I really want him to work out for us and I like, in theory, what we’re trying to do with signing younger players.

Despite that, aside from the form, one thing that concerned me was the ‘players that need love’ comment or whatever it was he said. That didn’t strike me as a winning mentality at all. 

Can you imagine Cristiano Ronaldo or Usain Bolt ‘needing love’ to perform? I’ve tried to be positive and optimistically predicted we’d make the playoffs.. but when he said that I had a suspicion we wouldn’t. Just seems to me totally the wrong mindset to foster in a competitive environment.

I really hope Johnson turns it around.. but even I as one of his bigger fans overall am very worried about his recruitment; especially if Reid/Flint/Pack/Bryan leave this summer. Budget or not, and easy to say in hindsight, but our recruitment was appalling in Jan. 

Big big summer for LJ.

I thought that was last summer. And who will want to join us. A club in severe decline with a clown as a manager.

25 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Part of me wonders at how many LJ would be in danger ? 

0-5 , 0-6 , 0-7 ? 

Or are we a young team ? 

Bunch of lovely lads that need ' love ' ? 

I honestly think it would have to make national headlines for it to have any impact.

0-15?

:10_1_108:

25 minutes ago, swanker said:

Get off here you ****. 

That 'S' in your username isn't needed really is it?

25 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Whilst I agree with what you say, I can't help but think you must be fun at a party.

You'd think right, terrific fun.

Criticism of January onwards etc is fine, but when people lie in their claims then I won't leave it unchallenged, even if it does lead to unnecessary abuse like the quote above yours.

Amazingly it's people like Swanker who cry about people not letting them voice their opinions when their criticisms get challenged, before then hurling abuse and telling people to leave the forum when they feel like it. Probably too thick to spot the hypocrisy.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That 'S' in your username isn't needes really is it?

You'd think right, terrific fun.

Criticism of January onwards etc is fine, but when people lie in their claims then I won't leave it unchallenged, even if it does lead to unnecessary abuse like the quote above yours.

Amazingly it's people like Swanker who cry about people not letting them voice their opinions when their criticisms get challenged, before then hurling abuse and telling people to leave the forum when they feel like it. Probably too thick to spot the hypocrisy.

Interested in your opinion James as someone who I think is, like me, still pro-Johnson. 

Are you concerned about our form since January?

Are you concerned about our ability to replace first teamers leaving?

Are you concerned about Johnson’s streaks of form?

Do you think another attainable manager could get more out of our squad?

Even as someone who’s pro Johnson, I must admit my answer to all of those questions is ‘yes’.

Not a LJ hater by any means, but given the choice would I trust him with millions of £££ to spend to what I think is going to be an enevitable rebuild of this team at the end of the season? No. 

Is SL going to make a change. Never in a million years. We are going to have to deal with it. 

Archived