IGNORED

Congratulations to Neil Warnock

Maggersno1Fan

21 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Because our ITK brigade only went on about Colin being useless and how we didn’t want him here and how washed up he was etc etc etc.

Clearly some bad feelings there with how he is. Good manager though. Don’t think a team supposed to be a rival should get a thread praising him

18 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I think the Wolves situation is a bit different. Much bigger budget and lots of dodgy loan deals.

Cardiff more or less did it on the back of a fag packet.

Wolves were dodgy but I imagine Cardiff are paying probably at least 50% more than a team like us on wages. They spent 750k more on Gary Madine than we did on our record signing. They had some funds. 

Neil Warnock is a footballing (managerial) genius.  All this hate towards him is ridiculous.  Listen to him interviewed outside the context of a game and he is very warm and engaging.  Listen to him after a match and he is no different from many other managers that bemoan their teams misfortune.

As for his style of football, personally, I think he adopts a style in the Championship that he knows will be successful.  It is not necessarily his style of football per se, it his winning formula for this division and the players that are afforded to him.  His job is to win to reward his Chairman with a £100 million + bonus in getting to the Premier League.  It is not to satisfy the fans with a style of football.

Let's see how much money is given to him this summer, who he recruits and what style of football he is then able to play. (The same circumstance is true for Sam Allardyce).

I still think Lee Johnson should go and see Neil Warnock this summer and try to learn from him, no matter their relationship and assuming Neil Warnock would wish to share his success.  It's a learning curve and one worth learning.

Steve Lansdown must surely wonder why he never employed Neil Warnock post Gary Johnson's demise.  That was  absolutely the time to do it and WE, the fans, would all have loved him.

Well done Cardiff and well done Neil Warnock

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep well done Neil, and begrudgingly Cardiff.

I’d argue that man for man our squad is actually better which is testament to Warnock and the job he’s done there.

He’s a good man and obviously a opvery good manager at this level. I’d recommend his book to anyone, one of the best football books I’ve read. 

Neil has done a great job, i cannot agree that our squad man for man is actually better.

We have clearly shown that we lack the mental toughness to see it through a whole season.

23 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Because our ITK brigade only went on about Colin being useless and how we didn’t want him here and how washed up he was etc etc etc.

I don't think the ITK brigade went on about him being useless at all. Most don't like the brand of football his teams produce and stated that.

1 minute ago, Jacky Boy said:

Neil has done a great job, i cannot agree that our squad man for man is actually better.

We have clearly shown that we lack the mental toughness to see it through a whole season.

Yes, we bottled it big time.

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Completely agree - if you want to get a job done employ someone with a track record of doing it.

Exactly. In any role, past performance/experience is the best indicator of future performance. Warnock's done it again and again... Congratulations to him.

The only time SL has employed someone with Championship promotion experience was Coppell (that didn't go too well).

With the funds, LJ's had, would have loved to see what Warnock could have done here.

1 minute ago, Warwickshire Red said:

The only time SL has employed someone with Championship promotion experience was Coppell (that didn't go too well).

Indeed...and I'd suggest we live with the consequences of the egg that was left on SL's face when Coppell didn't like what he saw and walked away.

8 minutes ago, cityfan said:

Steve Lansdown must surely wonder why he never employed Neil Warnock post Gary Johnson's demise.  That was  absolutely the time to do it and WE, the fans, would all have loved him.

Perhaps SL did, perhaps NW turned it down, perhaps he was employed at that time. Could be a number of reasons. 

5 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Oh, they did Rog. 

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Oh! Well I don't recollect that. Most decided they don't want to watch the stuff his teams produce. Some would of called him useless, a w anchor etc, but most don't like the football his teams play!

Unless nob or knob is an acronym for a style of play.

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

What, with less money than Cardiff?

Does not seem like less though does it, assuming you are right. That aside would NW have bought Engvall? Would he have bought Moore and sent him immediately out on a season long loan? Neither would have been bought but then again with the set up City have can you imagine him working with Ashton?!

Neil Warnock to his chairman- give me £5m and I’ll get you promoted 

Lee Johnson to Steve Lansdown - give me 3 transfer windows and let me sign 30 + players and I’ll get you a mid table Championship team that might survive in the 2018-19 season 

9 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

What, with less money than Cardiff?

Certainly in fees it seems.  Maybe not wages. They did pay £6m for Madine I acknowledge but many of the others were frees including Bamba, Hoilett, Etheridge and Mendez Laing). We've spent a lot cumulatively on fees (£1m-£2m on various players and £5m etc) and many haven't played regularly or at all.

Maybe if SL were to tweak his approach and pay less on fees and allow for higher salaries (but same net spend), we might get some better quality in (and have to rely less on higher risk foreign buys)?

Anyway, no doubt Warnock has done well with the players they've signed as a whole. 

55 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I think the Wolves situation is a bit different. Much bigger budget and lots of dodgy loan deals.

Cardiff more or less did it on the back of a fag packet.

That is a complete and utter myth.

Their wage expenditure is far greater than ours and someone has posted the figures on here multiple times this season, would be good if the "no money" lie stopped being spread.

Congratulations to Neil though on getting Cardiff promoted

Unfortunately for us mugs tied with the umbilical cord to Bristol City FC the people in charge of our Club are too chicken shit to ever appoint a forceful, truly successful person like Warnock who has been there and done it over and over. We're too cosy. too nepotistic, too frightened of the fundamental change needed at Ashton Gate

24 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That is a complete and utter myth.

Their wage expenditure is far greater than ours and someone has posted the figures on here multiple times this season, would be good if the "no money" lie stopped being spread.

Congratulations to Neil though on getting Cardiff promoted

You are comparing Cardiff to us, but the comment I made was compared to Wolves. As somebody asked why no thread for Nuno when he got Wolves promoted.

2 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

You are comparing Cardiff to us, but the comment I made was compared to Wolves. As somebody asked why no thread for Nuno when he got Wolves promoted.

"Cardiff more or less did it on the back of a fag packet"

Compared to most teams in this division that is untrue.

If you were just comparing to Wolves however, then fair enough.

53 minutes ago, Warwickshire Red said:

Certainly in fees it seems.  Maybe not wages. They did pay £6m for Madine I acknowledge but many of the others were frees including Bamba, Hoilett, Etheridge and Mendez Laing). We've spent a lot cumulatively on fees (£1m-£2m on various players and £5m etc) and many haven't played regularly or at all.

Maybe if SL were to tweak his approach and pay less on fees and allow for higher salaries (but same net spend), we might get some better quality in (and have to rely less on higher risk foreign buys)?

Anyway, no doubt Warnock has done well with the players they've signed as a whole. 

Warnock only spent money on signing four players this season and one of those was Tomlin! He mostly dealt in free transfers and loans...he knows what he’s doing...

31 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Because he turned out in his own way to be as big a **** as Warnock, both games against us he embarrassed himself.

But hey when we played them at home they looked average at best but as usual Warnock made them hard to beat (unlike our pussies) it would be churlish not to congratulate him because he has a record of promotions unlike LJ, would I want him here? you bet yer arse if we were in another relegation scrap. Would I want him here and now? probably not, would I want him here in place of LJ? i'll tell you at Christmas next season.

Love him or hate he can motivate players and I don't think our LJ can 

Archived