IGNORED

Johnson Final Appearance on Radio Bristol for 17/18

havanatopia

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Openly blaming 'a number of players' , 'already gone on holiday' , 'summer of recruitment will be very exciting'  , 'bound to be recruitment on and off the pitch' .

Not convinced anymore myself.

Very poor manager who openly says he is going to be sacking/dismissing people & who need to keep ringing the changes in personal every year 

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Really annoying interview ... 

played kelly at cb to see what he could do , 

he’s a lb 

lets try Frankie up front shall we ... 

johnson seriously your team selections are beyond bizarre..

To be fair, Kelly struggled today but has every attribute to become a quality CB for us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

LJ also mentioned the need to recruit leaders, ‘some steel’ and communicators.

But he has had his 3 windows; he was the one who said we need 3 windows. 3 windows for what? To mention that after having had 3 windows simply smacks of incompetence. Sorry but no other way of sugar coating it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Really annoying interview ... 

played kelly at cb to see what he could do , 

he’s a lb 

lets try Frankie up front shall we ... 

johnson seriously your team selections are beyond bizarre..

What is more beneficial today, the result, or giving a young player minutes against a good side in what is basically a friendly. Yes he made mistakes, but the coaching staff can now see areas of weakness in his game they can work on with him. If he takes on board the advice and works on these things to improve, its great for us and him in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ZiderMeUp said:

What is more beneficial today, the result, or giving a young player minutes against a good side in what is basically a friendly. Yes he made mistakes, but the coaching staff can now see areas of weakness in his game they can work on with him. If he takes on board the advice and works on these things to improve, its great for us and him in the long run.

So they cannot do that on the training pitch then? I think you might have hit on something here though; LJ has been doing this for the last 24+ games ever since Mark Ashton said promotion is not really the target. Starting to make sense. All my faith is beginning to be restored. 

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

No chance is Kelly ever going to be a cb. 

And more to the point why would he he’s a lb ! 

Why are we so insistent that when we get a decent player we then try are hardest to play them in other positions , truly baffling ..

It is the Gary Johnson training classes method.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Why are we so insistent that when we get a decent player we then try are hardest to play them in other positions , truly baffling ..

Kelly has always played at CB bar first team with us, shows how little you know

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I thought Kelly was a centre back who can play left back, but was being used as a left back because he needed to 'beef up' before being able to play at centre back. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Kelly himself has stated his preferred position is CB. Plenty of things to knock LJ for, but trying Kelly out in the position he intends to play in isn’t one of them. 

Edited by RedSA
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

But that hardly matches the clubs philosophy of only buying young players for the future who will increase in value. 

15 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Bet you he ends up a centre half

And a good one

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Kelly himself has stated his preferred position is CB. Plenty of things to knock LJ for, but trying Kelly out in the position he intends to play in isn’t one of them. 

He may have changed his mind after today!

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bet you he ends up a centre half

And a good one

Interesting.

Why Bob, should the club push for him to be a CB when he already looks comfortable, even at times accomplished, at LB?

He's going to have to beef up considerably - no doubt he will - but also get far more aggressive in his play to succeed in the Championship at CB imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In fairness Kelly is primarily à Centre back . 

Issue is that Sheffield were much more disciplined and professional in the first half. If situation improves that drastically at HT, only one person to m blame imo. 

And thats not counting the season since Jan.

Edited by Fuber

29 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I heard that - made me laugh out loud - has he only just noticed that we've been missing all three? Feeble interview from a much diminished figure...all bluff and bluster. He knows he won't lose his job...but he also surely knows that he hasn't had a clue how to replicate our early season form, and that most of the people in the stands can see that. I feel sorry for the bloke...but not as sorry as I feel for our club right now, best opportunity in years thrown away. You have to wonder what goes through SL's head in trusting the whole 'project' to such a wet-behind-the-ears rookie, unfathomable...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The fact Johnson is unsackable is why I wont be getting a ST next season. The senior management of this club are just taking us “punters” as mugs.

If I didn’t perform in my job, I would be sacked! WTF is the difference? SL has been more than patient and £ supportive with Johnson (30 players) yet this mug still stays in his job. We have just thrown away a defo playoff place and most appear happy to finish mid table. How did we fall away so badly?

MA - Where is the ambition? Why accept 2nd best? Do we want to get to the Prem?

Can’t accept this! He will get 12 games start of next season and if a poor start, he will have to get the sack - you assume?

This can’t continue to go on!

For all we know, we could be in a relegation fight all next season!

Edited by GasDestroyer
  • Like 5