IGNORED

Taxi for Frankie

Spoons

i was puzzled by the first goal, he didn't move at all to his left despite the no 9 taking an age to shape up to place the ball there - he must have seen what was unfolding - i felt he could have done more there.

another poor game

A nice guy, a good figure for the club, but today his weaknesses were exposed hard. Awful distribution, even by his standards. Wasn''t helped by poor defending but still wasn't confident in him at any point in the afternoon. Noticed the boos and general dissent getting louder and louder as the game went on. It's time for an upgrade. He saved us numerous occasions this season but his weaknesses are too obvious now and are easily being sussed out by the opposition. A great finesse shot from Clarke; but he knew that Frankie has always struggled with those

One of two players who turned round today when we shouted out their names. Flint was the other after berating Kelly,

No-one covered themselves in glory today. A typical end of season game with nothing on it.

I think they were already on their holidays.....

I've seen too many shots go in where Fielding doesn't even move, his kicking and distribution are appalling, he doesn't come for crosses and panics his defenders when they are expecting him to come for a ball and he doesn't.  He doesn't look like he is very fit either and should not be first choice.  Steele is better, though maybe not good enough for a promotion pushing team. Honestly, I would let FF go.

Sheff U knew exactly what his weakness was, which is why they pressed Frankie at every available opportunity. I’m not sure his usually excellent shot stopping makes up for his other deficiencies any more. As others say, time for an upgrade. 

Today me and a friend decided to count how many throw ins were given directly from fieldings kicking... the total was 5. Although one of them I put down to Bryan not keeping it in. But either way that’s 5 times we had the ball and kicked it out for a throw and gave away possession.

It took him 32 seconds to plant the ball in the dolman under no pressure, his kicking is so poor it’s somply handing the ball back to them. When your under pressure from the kick off due to giving away possession it’s always going to be hard 

Academy teams Keepers are being encouraged to sweep and play to feet. The first team should be an extension and an example of the playing principles of Bristol City. Bristol Citys first team have a player who does not demonstrate the principles within the club.

There are questions here about the identity and strategy of BCFC long term.

Why coach and train kids to play in a modern style and this goes beyond Keepers  if the first team does not need these skills? What does  Frank Fieldings  distribution say about that identity and strategy?

1 minute ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Anyone see the look on that child’s face that good old Frankie was carrying around at the end?

Poor mite looked petrified. Thought Frankie might drop her......

Did you leave early then mate ?

You didn’t see the encore ?

:yawn:

He threw her on the floor in the penalty area in front of the Atyeo and fly kicked her straight into the lower tier of Lansdown Stand

Poor kid

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Is he better than Steele?

Frankie's 8th in the Championship stats (out of 38), Steele is 25th. If we want an upgrade on Frankie we'll have to spend serious money, top keepers hard to come by, would you want us to spend a fortune on Joe Hart for example?

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

The last one he put out was awful it was t even towards the half way line it was a simple return pass to brownhill...not good enough for a professional

I’ve stuck up for him but that incident was really woeful.

He wasn’t even being put under any pressure at the time.

He was given very little protection today but his distribution was awful.

If the club is to progress, which listening to LJ and reading SLs interview appears to be the aim then a keeper who is better than FF must be recruited, I have  nothing against the guy he is simply not good enough  to play the ball retention game that nearly all teams now play.

I really can't believe that given the amount of practise time available and how easy it is to recreate a match situation in training that he continues to demonstrate such poor distribution, clearly he hasn't got the required level of skill and a better keeper must be recruited.

Frankly (no pun intended!) he looked shell-shocked today. His kicking is poor. He is beaten far too often on his near post. He doesn't command his area and he doesn't have the confidence of his defenders, that much is now obvious. Simply not good enough. May be the nicest man in creation and a good egg, but if the club is serious about moving forward, this position MUST be a priority in terms of short-term recruitment planning.

Archived