IGNORED

Looking back and looking forward

Jerseybean

As the roller coaster, that is BCFC, takes a break , at least on the pitch, it’s  a chance to look back and forward.

Today’s game pretty much summed up our season - one of two very different halves, Although we have experienced a season of two starkly contrasting halves at the end of the season the table does not lie. 

Last season we managed 15 wins and 9 draws giving us 54 points. This campaign we have achieved 17 wins and 16 draws which resulted in 67 points.

So that is certainly an improvement. 

However, based on the last two seasons, in order to get promoted automatically circa 93 + points are needed. We remain well short of that. 

Looking to further progress next season and be in with a chance of gaining 90 + points what would you hope for?

My top hopes would be we:

1. Strengthen the squad, particularly with a couple of experienced/proven players who would  have the right personality to positively enhance our youngish squad. In LJ’s end of season RB interview he just spoke about recruiting leaders and communicators. 
  2. Revert to the identity/style of play that served us well in the first half of the season and stick to it
  3. Cultivate a ‘harder edge’ (I don’t mean just physically but also mentally) which makes us much more resilient and far more difficult to beat. LJ also mentioned, in the same RB interview, recruiting ‘some steel’
  4. There is every likelihood that two or three of our best players will be moving on so the need to appropriately replace Reid, Bryan and Flint will be key 

What  more (I’m assuming that LJ remains in post) would you you want to see?  

• The Wedlocks and Eastend rebuilt
  • Safe standing in 50% of the ground
  • Buy proven exp championship players who give a ****
  • Fans involved on the board
  • No one man in overall control
  • oh and 50% reduction for ST`s for over 65`s

Archived