IGNORED

Antoine Semayno

MC RISK77

Fair play to the lad but I honestly thought we’d get an equaliser when we pulled it back to 2-3. That substitution killed us as an attacking threat. The game went quiet when we were clearly on top. Kelly was playing some class football at left back as well.  

I’m starting to notice that Johnson does make some senseless changes!

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I like watching how many different threads we can have about the lad with his name spelt wrong.

So far we've had :

- Antoine Semento

- Antoine Semayno

Not to mention my mate texting me this

now coming on for city seaman yo

:grr:

Think the phrase is “virtue signaling”, a lot on here will know I don’t rate Taylor, but surely he had far more value as our third sub & I don’t mean by shunting Reid back to LHS midfield again..

Crazy substitution. Why bring on a player who has been playing in National League South when we need to win the game? Does this mean that LJ thinks that Matt Taylor is a worse player, or does it just mean that LJ has lost the plot again 

40 minutes ago, swanker said:

Fair play to the lad but I honestly thought we’d get an equaliser when we pulled it back to 2-3. That substitution killed us as an attacking threat. The game went quiet when we were clearly on top. Kelly was playing some class football at left back as well.  

I’m starting to notice that Johnson does make some senseless changes!

Would have been OK if we'd been winning by a couple but Taylor should have come on for a final push.

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Crazy substitution. Why bring on a player who has been playing in National League South when we need to win the game? Does this mean that LJ thinks that Matt Taylor is a worse player, or does it just mean that LJ has lost the plot again 

Thought Taylor was going to come on when The singing section dropped the  massive hint "Matty Taylor is a red" but for some reason known only to himself gives a debut  to 'one for the future'  . Thought when we got to 2-3 we had the opportunity to get another and maybe even a  4th  goal,. Could have finished the season as a top 10 team

1 minute ago, E.G.Red said:

Thought Taylor was going to come on when The singing section dropped the  massive hint "Matty Taylor is a red" but for some reason known only to himself gives a debut  to 'one for the future'  . Thought when we got to 2-3 we had the opportunity to get another and maybe even a  4th  goal,. Could have finished the season as a top 10 team

Bloke near me put a bet on , for a laugh, at h/t for City to win at 100/1

He was understandably getting increasingly enthusiastic so to say he wasn’t best pleased when he brought the young lad on and put Bobby Reid back in midfield is putting it politely

:yes:

48 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It was a ridiculous change. If anything just bring him on for Diedhiou and continue as we were. Diedhiou was tiring like he does after 70 minutes. I thought we would get a point till he made that change.

You think bringing on a 3rd striker in the last 10mins of a meaningless game is stupid..?!

12 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Ah yes, if only our management team did what a load of pissed up fans thank should be done!

8 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

That's why our man is a sought after young coach, don't you know. Stick our top scorer, who may have been playing his last game for us & who might well have got an equaliser or even a winner, out on the left wing. It's how he's achieved those great results since Xmas. By being innovative. It's Total Football LJ style. It's why we're in the play-offs.......oh! Giggle. Still, we did beat Man U. Before someone reminds us.

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think bringing on a 3rd striker in the last 10mins of a meaningless game is stupid..?!

Oh come on the young lads on the bench were there for a reason...meaningless game in the context of things so why not

But without being cruel because I really hope he kicks on - did anyone gain anything from this appearance?

LJ will have seen he is nowhere near as good as his other strikers, including Freddie Hinds 9the forgotten man) who at least made an impression earlier in the season.

The lad was clearly trying hard but leading with your arm when jumping is something you don't do in any league it was just a stupid way to turn over the ball.

He may get goals elsewhere, but he needs a lot of game time outside the Championship (probably League 1 as well) - what on earth did LJ see in training to give him a start?

6 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

But without being cruel because I really hope he kicks on - did anyone gain anything from this appearance?

LJ will have seen he is nowhere near as good as his other strikers, including Freddie Hinds 9the forgotten man) who at least made an impression earlier in the season.

The lad was clearly trying hard but leading with your arm when jumping is something you don't do in any league it was just a stupid way to turn over the ball.

He may get goals elsewhere, but he needs a lot of game time outside the Championship (probably League 1 as well) - what on earth did LJ see in training to give him a start?

A PR exercise to the other academy kids (and their parents) in a dead rubber game is my guess.  Shows that a route through to the 1st team is there.  Sadly for the kid he was thrust on when no one else on the pitch appeared to give a shit when we could have actually done with a goal, must be pretty dispiriting.

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

A PR exercise to the other academy kids (and their parents) in a dead rubber game is my guess.  Shows that a route through to the 1st team is there.  Sadly for the kid he was thrust on when no one else on the pitch appeared to give a shit when we could have actually done with a goal, must be pretty dispiriting.

Surely there must have been better candidates for that - Korey was on his very final warning - perhaps Bakinson, putting JB back to left back more or less blunted the threat on that side and removed Bobby.

For PR stunts (with the benefit of hindsight) it seems pointless.

Especially as we paid no money for the lad - surely reassuring Bakinson (if we believe in him now as much as when we paid the fee) is much more important?

A meaningless game in the scheme of things.  An opportunity to encourage the academy players currently and those yet to sign.  Was a good move.  If it is Reid's last game as many of you seem to think - why not shove him out the way - what do we have to lose?

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Surely there must have been better candidates for that - Korey was on his very final warning - perhaps Bakinson, putting JB back to left back more or less blunted the threat on that side and removed Bobby.

Especially as we paid no money for the lad - surely reassuring Bakinson (if we believe in him now as much as when we paid the fee) is much more important?

Dunno - maybe his efforts in training or elsewhere deserved the reward?

7 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

As mentioned above, another PR exercise so that club could tweet that we have replaced one academy product with another one.

Genuinely feel like I'm getting wiser to it all. If everything is a PR stunt nothing is sincere.

6 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I agree!  I just have to try and get myself into the LJ, BS mindset in order to try and make sense of the insanity.

Archived