IGNORED

Mark Little

BanburyRed

39 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Banter. Glad go see he Got it all back.

Hate to say it but oh how we could've done with him this season...

Used to get some undeserved stick on here. I watched him on telly when we played Bolton up there this season. He gave Joe.Beyan a hard time and put some decent crosses in on a few occasions. 

Me and my mates were saying at the time, that he would have made a better winger O’Dowda. 

38 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Better than Pisano.

Ayling was better than him though.

Some effort to recruit a worse RB each time..

It`s always been the same with us though. You can count the number of decent right backs I`ve seen at City in my 45 years on the fingers of one hand (a g*s one).

Bradley, Andy Llewellyn, Paul Stevens, Gerry Sweeney, Don Gillies, Luke Ayling and that`s about it.

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Better than Pisano.

He was definitely made to look a lot, lot worse than he was by his teammates.

I still think Pisano will be the pick of the bunch. I think his return to the first team was terribly managed, albeit needs must yada yada yada.

In his first game he could barely move after 30 mins. They tried to build his fitness from way too low a base and without sufficient rest. He was never going to get match sharp this year managed that way. 

Little was a good pro for us. Yes his defending was suspect at times, but part of that was our tendency to leave our defending players isolated out wide (which we still do). 

I would have been happy for Little to have been retained as a squad player, but we did need an upgraded first choice right back. Not sure from what I've seen of him if Pisano is the answer, but I don't want to judge him too harshly until he gets a run of games fully fit.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s always been the same with us though. You can count the number of decent right backs I`ve seen at City in my 45 years on the fingers of one hand (a g*s one).

Bradley, Andy Llewellyn, Paul Stevens, Gerry Sweeney, Don Gillies, Luke Ayling and that`s about it.

Tony Ford ?

might be just before your time though as Mike Thresher was before mine

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Adam Locke was decent & underrated.

Louis Carey started off there and was a very good RB (if a better CB).

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I forgot about Adam TBH, he was underrated as you say. I did think about including LC but decided against it - you could argue the same about Cole Skuse too I guess, I always thought he was decent at RB the few times he played there.

Whichever way you slice it though, compared to the fabulous left backs we`ve had down the years, the position does seem to have a curse on it.

36 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Indeed. He had his faults, but never as bad as he was made out to be by some on here.

I think time may be smoothing the memories, he was a Rolls Royce in attack but a Ford Ka at the back.

He did have good games in L1 but just never enough of them and certainly i wouldn't want him as first choice in the Championship.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

How can you forget Kevin Amankwah?

Tall & very quick and talented attacking full back who used to keep Louis Carey out of the team. There was talk that Arsenal were looking at him such was his reviews at the time. That car accident with Aaron Brown really cost them both.

At the time both players were special.

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

How can you forget Kevin Amankwah?

Tall & very quick and talented attacking full back who used to keep Louis Carey out of the team. There was talk that Arsenal were looking at him such was his reviews at the time. That car accident with Aaron Brown really cost them both.

At the time both players were special.

Lost respect for Amankwaah when he taunted Neil Harris about his battle against testicular cancer during a Swindon v Millwall game....despicable...

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I forgot about Adam TBH, he was underrated as you say. I did think about including LC but decided against it - you could argue the same about Cole Skuse too I guess, I always thought he was decent at RB the few times he played there.

Whichever way you slice it though, compared to the fabulous left backs we`ve had down the years, the position does seem to have a curse on it.

Another controversial one as his distribution most of the time was questionable to say the least but Bradley Orr was a solid right back for us.. always put a shift in and was part of a very decent defence in those first couple of season back in the championship.. 

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Another controversial one as his distribution most of the time was questionable to say the least but Bradley Orr was a solid right back for us.. always put a shift in and was part of a very solid defence in those first couple of season back in the championship.. 

I liked Bradley, he had an eye for a spectacular goal now and again too. 

I love how everyone talks endearingly about Ayling as a great RB for us - When in actual fact he was mostly played as CB and rarely played as RB for us, not only that but he also divided opinion on here about his ability overall.

I always liked him as a player and person even in despite of his piss scandal and was disappointed to see him go. He's definitely done well for himself at Leeds too.

Also onto Little - Great contributor in our promotion season and always showed commitment but again I definitely remember most people wanted him gone and a new RB to come in (me being one of those aswell) so to say we needed him this season is ridiculous. 

We do need a new RB but definitely not Little.

11 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Tony Ford ?

might be just before your time though as Mike Thresher was before mine

Thresher was a left back. 

Tont Ford was a very decent right back. Remember him missing a penalty at white hart lane about 1966 after scoring about 20 on the trot, the referee ordered it to be retaken and Chris Crowe putting it wide of the post. 

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Better than Pisano.

Totally agree. Some of the decisions by our management team begged belief. 

10 hours ago, RedRoss said:

I love how everyone talks endearingly about Ayling as a great RB for us - When in actual fact he was mostly played as CB and rarely played as RB for us, not only that but he also divided opinion on here about his ability overall.

I always liked him as a player and person even in despite of his piss scandal and was disappointed to see him go. He's definitely done well for himself at Leeds too.

Also onto Little - Great contributor in our promotion season and always showed commitment but again I definitely remember most people wanted him gone and a new RB to come in (me being one of those aswell) so to say we needed him this season is ridiculous. 

We do need a new RB but definitely not Little.

Absolutely spot on. Plenty of revisionism on here - people slated Little last year, and Ayling was criticised heavily after promotion for being a defensive liability by many posters. 

20 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. Little would have been utterly slaughtered on here if he'd stayed and been first choice this season.

Maybe, but he's still better at beating a full back and putting in a cross than O'Dowda. 

20 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Indeed. He had his faults, but never as bad as he was made out to be by some on here.

Well some on here talk out their backsides. I've even read that O'Dowda is a good winger?  Yeah, it looked like it on Sunday, their full back didn't even break into a sweat marking him!

Archived