IGNORED

Lee Miller

MattWSM

Quite a life he has had, from having a kid age 16 and several others from different relationships before his wife sadly died of a brain haemorrhage (?), was arrested for drink driving too. Don’t think he is even mid thirties yet either. Good to hear he is still playing though

8 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Think all 3 scored on the opening day of the season once when we put 5 past Notts County.

2003/4 season. Was at my brothers wedding that day swearing my ####### arse off, if you think today was hot..... 

Loved it back then with all the bristol boys in the team.

I was on the Stratten Bank (with 3000 others) and right in line with the post.......even now I STILL cannot believe how he headed wide......the whole end erupted to celebrate the goal and then slowly disbelief when we realised he put it wide!

14 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I was on the Stratten Bank (with 3000 others) and right in line with the post.......even now I STILL cannot believe how he headed wide......the whole end erupted to celebrate the goal and then slowly disbelief when we realised he put it wide!

Hit the post didn’t he? With literally the last kick of the game, those 2 points dropped cost us promotion.

1 hour ago, MattWSM said:

Playing for Livingston tonight.Play off semi final. BT Sport 1.

I can remember him playing for City but nothing specific. Can you?

Yeah, missed an absolute sitter in front of the open end at Swindon. The lost points cost us dearly that year.

22 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

His Mum was a regular poster on here as well if memory serves.  Granny joy possibly?

And his best mate whitey83 or something like that. 

Yes all 3 Lees scored against Notts County...and the Balloon Fiesta was also on at the time. Very hot day, after the football I walked up for a few ciders and the nightglow.

I wasn’t at the Swindon game but the fact that it is still talked about now shows the feeling at the time and what a miss it was. It’s always mentioned whenever Lee Miller is talked about.

IMHO too much is made of that miss by Lee Miller - quite a sharp chance actually - when you consider other very impressive things he did - for me his headed goal from a corner at Grimsby Town, where the win took us to the top of the League with 10 straight wins, stands out.

Also you can see from the highlights that Craig Woodman (another bandwagon whipping boy, as was Miller, for some fans) was a cultured left back., attacking as well as defending.  Saw him snuff Izale McLeod, at the time one of the most dangerous players in League 1, right out of the game at MK Dons. Unfortunately it seems Tinman didn't like him

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I remember a couple of goals he notched at QPR and at Rushden & Diamonds of all places!

The qpr one was insane. They had just scored a fluke free kick and were goading us as their goal music was still ringing out when lee miller smashed it in. Cue absolute scenes in the away end. I think it’s fair to say we gave it back and then some.:clapping:

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

The qpr one was insane. They had just scored a fluke free kick and were goading us as their goal music was still ringing out when lee miller smashed it in. Cue absolute scenes in the away end. I think it’s fair to say we gave it back and then some.:clapping:

Nothing better than those 30 seconds of absolute mayhem when you notch an equaliser away from home!

9 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

IMHO too much is made of that miss by Lee Miller - quite a sharp chance actually - when you consider other very impressive things he did - for me his headed goal from a corner at Grimsby Town, where the win took us to the top of the League with 10 straight wins, stands out.

Also you can see from the highlights that Craig Woodman (another bandwagon whipping boy, as was Miller, for some fans) was a cultured left back., attacking as well as defending.  Saw him snuff Izale McLeod, at the time one of the most dangerous players in League 1, right out of the game at MK Dons. Unfortunately it seems Tinman didn't like him

I agree regarding Lee Miller, however I didn’t rate Craig Woodman at all. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we finally got promotion once he was replaced by Jamie McCallister.

That miss at swindle. I was right in front of it and could've put it in with my knob. It was that close!

How he missed it I'll never know.

There was a good player in there somewhere but sadly, he couldn't stand up to the rigours of League 1 football. He is the reason why I started questioning buying scottish

7 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

I agree regarding Lee Miller, however I didn’t rate Craig Woodman at all. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we finally got promotion once he was replaced by Jamie McCallister.

Woodman:grr:

left midfield in the Brighton debacle final. Jesus. 

30 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nothing better than those 30 seconds of absolute mayhem when you notch an equaliser away from home!

I remember that goal well and we did indeed go proper mental when it went in.

Can’t remember if Holloway was still in charge of QPR for that match? He was definitely there in our previous trip to Loftus Road earlier in year for an absolute dogshit game that we lost 1-0.

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I remember that goal well and we did indeed go proper mental when it went in.

Can’t remember if Holloway was still in charge of QPR for that match? He was definitely there in our previous trip to Loftus Road earlier in year for an absolute dogshit game that we lost 1-0.

Yep, Ian H was their manager when Lee Miller spanked home that equaliser....

Remember him and Peacock looking really good at Reading and then being really disappointed that that for was never reproduced in any real quantity.   He had a couple of stints south of the border and failed epic, Colin Cramb there is Scottish a player who I thought was hard done by and never reached his potential because of it.  

7 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Remember him and Peacock looking really good at Reading and then being really disappointed that that for was never reproduced in any real quantity.   He had a couple of stints south of the border and failed epic, Colin Cramb there is Scottish a player who I thought was hard done by and never reached his potential because of it.  

Loved CC for his effort and commitment. A bit like Liam Robinson in a way, never as many goals as the running around and effort merited.  Remember a game at Wycombe when he (CC) almost ended up in the crowd...

Archived