IGNORED

Oh Dear

southvillekiddy

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

“Club with highest league placing in a decade doesn’t want its manager gone” 

Shocker. 

However clear gauntlet laid with regards expectations for next season:

"We now have to learn from what we've done this year and go again next year and look to go a few steps further, get in the top six and vie for promotion at the end of the season."

So the expectation is a top six challenge. Let’s hope we shop in Waitrose and not Bargain Booze in the next window. 

Disagree.  Waitrose is the same old shite but heavily overpriced due to its middle class, ageing clientele who are willing to pay £3 for a bottle of beer that would cost £1.50 in Asda.

I'd rather shop intelligently in Asda..

Some people have absolutely no idea at all - surprisingly some well established long suffering fans. Maybe they can’t get their anger at LJ the player out of their minds? Who knows. 

IF (unlikely - but bear with me) Lee is sacked, then come on - will we suddenly recruit a well respected influential manager who would attract the top players to us? Has it EVER happened? 

No it f-ing well hasn’t - and it won’t. 

Lee isn’t bad - in fact he’s rather good - and to get rid of him now would be footballing suicide. 

Sure if we are staring relegation in the face then we would have nothing to lose - but we are not at this moment. 

Sit back and enjoy the ride. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Ah! It's all subtle enquiries into prospective players by Hodge who is in the know............:cool:

On this particular subject, somewhat. I just choose not to spread specific information told to me confidentially.

7 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Some people have absolutely no idea at all - surprisingly some well established long suffering fans. Maybe they can’t get their anger at LJ the player out of their minds? Who knows. 

IF (unlikely - but bear with me) Lee is sacked, then come on - will we suddenly recruit a well respected influential manager who would attract the top players to us? Has it EVER happened? 

No it f-ing well hasn’t - and it won’t. 

Lee isn’t bad - in fact he’s rather good - and to get rid of him now would be footballing suicide. 

Sure if we are staring relegation in the face then we would have nothing to lose - but we are not at this moment. 

Sit back and enjoy the ride. 

Go on then - I'll nibble.

Elaborate on that bit please. Why do you think that?

Lee Johnson on looking at prospective new player’s social media-

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-lee-johnson-gives-insight-202021

Can also remember Mark Ashton talking at length about it to Twentyman once. Possibly the same interview that GT showed obvious exasperation for the ‘ponds, rivers and lakes’? that we ‘fish in’.

Almost as if the forum clown is talking complete shit again.

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not an ultimatum, but for me there's definitely some pressure being applied there. Talking of having to learn and get into the play-offs, vie for promotion at the end of the season.

Maybe, but I think the key word is 'we have to learn' etc... 'we' being SL, the club as a whole, and yes, LJ. But not LJ in particular.

I don't think there is any extra pressure on LJ to achieve top 6 and I doubt there's the slightest chance of his position being reviewed at all unless there's a really desperate crisis.

In my opinion SL thinks of LJ's managerial career as a personal project of his which he is willing to give a very long time to come to successful fruition, and he will not put him under what he would consider to be unnecessary pressure which would be in danger of curtailing it.

As long as we're not under imminent threat of relegation and LJ is blooding a couple of academy graduates every year his job is safe imo. because SL is utterly determined LJ will succeed and has no particular time limits in mind.

The stability of staying fairly comfortably in the Championship while producing local players will be enough for LJ to stay in situ, and if there are crises or conflicts which may cause heads to roll then LJ's head will be the very last on the list.

29 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Go on then - I'll nibble.

Elaborate on that bit please. Why do you think that?

The league table doesn’t lie. Highest position since his dad - which was the highest since Alan Dicks  

Best cup run for years - with 4 premier league scalps along the way  

Most TV coverage for, well, ever I think, raising our profile as a club  

Top scoring striker in the league - who was a midfielder before LJ moved him  

Tammy last season - all down to LJ  - I know someone at Chelsea who confirmed this  

Highest gates for years

Highest season ticket sales next season

all this is without google - I’m sure there’s more  - but maybe for some it doesn’t count - irrelevant - lies even  

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

No doubt Kent is a very talented lad. Quick feet and pacy and it's understandable why City got him in on loan but as we know his decision making was poor and he faded out of the frame. 

Nobodys fault if the lad couldn't settle and that clearly had a negative effect on him.

Not trolling you RR, just using your post for my view.....I don’t think Kent will ever be a regular at a top-half Championship club.  He might get in a struggling side, but I think he’ll fall into Lg1 very quickly.  Liverpool are trying to make as much £ before they cut their losses.  My view only.  I think Leko has more likelihood of fulfilling promise.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Quite right. Someone must have made the call that Engvall and Kent for example were both mentally strong enough to cope with a move to Bristol, yet we are led to believe both have suffered with homesickness/not settled. 

That is just bad judgement somewhere along the line. Diony an even worse call given the form he was in this season and his apparent state of mind judging by some of his social media posts.

It's nowhere near good enough and SL won't be made to look a fool for much longer.

I’m not convinced Engvall was homesick.  I just think we ended up buying a player who didn’t fit the way we want to play.  Same with Djúric.  Why spend £1.6m on a 6’7” striker when you don’t intend to play that way?  Clubs in the bag....wastes money.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

So if a fantastic footballer is a complete **** on twitter a club wouldn't sign him?  That's utterly ridiculous.

Ive been retired since 2010 having spent 38  successful years in the NHS - working within several close knit teams. iI was my professional skills that my colleagues admired along with my dry sense of humour and forthright views. I never once had a problem with anyone. 

So.............for you to assess me via otib is ludicrously outrageous and utterly incorrect. If you do the same when recruiting for your firm and make judgments based on their social media activity then how many decent well qualified people are you missing?

As I said - it's ludicrous and I seriously can't believe that football clubs do it when all their interested in is the skill set of said player.

I realise your OTIB persona is an act and also anonymous. Vetting of candidates on their social media accounts is now commonplace and I would not espouse your views to any youngsters.

Plenty of candidates out there for each job.  Why interview the person that gets into random arguments on twitter whilst using their own name, or posts iffy jokes on Facebook or constantly posts about being ‘wasted’, not worth the time.

I also feel that you’re missing the point, anyone can be who they think you want them to be in an hour long interview, 5 years of their social media use tells you exactly who they are.  Better than references in many cases.

You have also worked for the NHS for 38 years, not many people get the chance to do that.  How many years has it been since you had an external interview?  The private sector is not the same as the public by any stretch of the imagination.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not trolling you RR, just using your post for my view.....I don’t think Kent will ever be a regular at a top-half Championship club.  He might get in a struggling side, but I think he’ll fall into Lg1 very quickly.  Liverpool are trying to make as much £ before they cut their losses.  My view only.  I think Leko has more likelihood of fulfilling promise.

I’m not convinced Engvall was homesick.  I just think we ended up buying a player who didn’t fit the way we want to play.  Same with Djúric.  Why spend £1.6m on a 6’7” striker when you don’t intend to play that way?  Clubs in the bag....wastes money.

I kept my recrtuiment thread LJ-criticism-free despite the fact hes quoted as being given final say on transfers.

The second reply to that post was that I had an agenda against MA.

I wonder why that is? Whose in charge of the scouting and negotiating transfers again?

18 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44030298

We're stuck with him. No surprises. Cosy old Bristol City

Quite the opposite from “cosy old Bristol City”, the most encouraging thing I take from this is the subtle shift upwards in expectations at board level.

That’s the first time I can recall Lansdown specifically talking about top six as a target. If this season has raised the bar in that respect, then that’s a good thing. Last year LJ kept his job with a 17th place finish. This suggests that would no longer be adequate.

16 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

" we go again" a fav LJ saying for; I messed up, I`ll try again, said many times. Now his boss SL says the same phrase :hug:

He usually says “We dust ourselves down” prior to this, and yes it is absolutely the line that gets delivered after inexplicably ridiculous tactical decisions.

7 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

The league table doesn’t lie. Highest position since his dad - which was the highest since Alan Dicks

The table doesn’t lie. We were 2nd at Christmas, nearer to Wolves in terms of points. By the end of the season we were closer to Sunderland in terms of points. We have gone backwards at an alarming rate (Yet again). 

Best cup run for years - with 4 premier league scalps along the way  

So what? We didn’t win the competition. Yes it was great at the time but we also felt that we were on the cusp of playing these teams week in, week out as a Premier League side and we ******* bottled it. The only club in the Top 6 to literally collapse.

Most TV coverage for, well, ever I think, raising our profile as a club.

And ultimately causing our players to become the attention of other clubs, the players themselves to become restless and their agents to start running their hands if City failed to go up.

Top scoring striker in the league - who was a midfielder before LJ moved him  

And who will now be gone in the summer as a result of his performances and all of those TV appearances putting him in the shop window. Watch this space. He’s gone.

Tammy last season - all down to LJ  - I know someone at Chelsea who confirmed this  

Tammy has gone. 

Highest gates for years

Nice new stadium would have gone some way to explaining that, as well as the club having to announce that season ticket holders are there even if they haven’t turned up. However, this season people hung on to the delusion that we were somehow going to make the playoffs even when we couldn’t muster a single shot on target in some game and our overall form in 2018 was absolutely dreadful.

Highest season ticket sales next season

Obviously a lot of people have bought into the flash in the pan form and like the fact that we weren’t involved in a relegation scrap this year. Tell you what, I predict now that next season will be more like Brentford at home than Man United at home under LJ. I’m willing to state that now and very much hope to be proved wrong, but this is City and we always take a step forwards and then step back again.

all this is without google - I’m sure there’s more  - but maybe for some it doesn’t count - irrelevant - lies even  

The lies are that it’s all happy days that we finished 11th. At Christmas we were 2nd, 9 points clear of Cardiff and 20 points clear of Millwall. We needed a single point per game and we couldn’t even manage that. Our current form is awful and a number of our better players are about to leave.

Good response @Cheesleysmate

I admire your perseverance but there’s some on here that wouldn’t question the HC if he played Zak Vyner in goal and Liam Walsh as a lone striker

I was going to say , question the HC or the Club but an increase in season tickets prices showed nearly all were concerned about their money if not what was unfolding on the pitch

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I admire your perseverance but there’s some on here that wouldn’t question the HC if he played Zak Vyner in goal and Liam Walsh as a lone striker

I was going to say , question the HC or the Club but an increase in season tickets prices showed nearly all were concerned about their money if not what was unfolding on the pitch

Complete tosh and you know it.

Its exactly these types of posts that gets people's backs up as well, creating the 'us vs them' mentality on here at times.

Youre better than this BBSB.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Complete tosh and you know it.

Its exactly these types of posts that gets people's backs up as well, creating the 'us vs them' mentality on here at times.

Youre better than this BBSB.

Sensitive .

It’s absolutely not tosh James

There are a few on here that if challenged to show they’ve ever expressed or concerns on anything - completely blind

Wouldnt be able to

Theres a few also on the other side 

Most , even those viewed LJs harshest critiques give and have given praise or credit where due 

And I’d suggest you look at you’re own ‘approach’ to ‘debates’ when you comment on others 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sensitive .

It’s absolutely not tosh James

There are a few on here that if challenged to show they’ve ever expressed or concerns on anything - completely blind

Wouldnt be able to

Theres a few also on the other side 

Most , even those viewed LJs harshest critiques give and have given praise or credit where due 

And I’d suggest you look at you’re own ‘approach’ to ‘debates’ when you comment on others 

I have done and am trying to be more restrained.

Still going to call out nonsense for what it is though and your post above is exactly that.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We’ll see what happens over the summer, but recruitment will have to be right as listening to the SL interview he pretty much confirmed that some players will be off for good money and we have a good idea of who that will be, Flint, Bryan, Reid and possibly others.

Other clubs are going to know we have money to spend and will be no doubt over-inflating prices for replacements.

Worryingly, we have wasted 5-6 Million on players who are nowhere near good enough for the first team.

I genuinely think it is going to be a struggle for us next season, but we’ll have to wait and see. Nothing in football is certain afterall.

It’s just sad when fans hold on to playoff dreams and are content with half a season of playing well and then have to watch teams like Cardiff under a manager that loads on here said was finished go up into the Premier League.

We lost the playoff final to Hull and didn’t push on, we went backwards. That is where I think we will be again unfortunately. I want to see positives but I genuinely believe that it would be foolish to do so. 

We have a manager whose teams go on horrendous runs every season, and recruitment which is questionable. We were told all about getting the right DNA, and have been told since by the manager that we have no leaders or communication on the pitch. So, something glaringly wrong with the DNA process!!!

Archived