IGNORED

Holloway

Super

Not my favourite manager for obvious reasons but, on the face of it, he has been extremely hard done by. He had a bad spell last season but this year he has steered a team on a low budget - bar a few historical journeymen on high salaries - and heavily reliant on youth to mid-table whilst gradually improving them.

I don't know what their financial plans are next year but I struggle to envisage another manager doing an equal or better job if they are working within the same parameters.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Who would you least want here Holloway or Warnock?!

Holloway 100%, bloke is an absolute nob, hates us as much as we hate them. Not got a problem with that whatsoever, but he lies through his teeth by saying things like he hopes we do well etc.

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Who would you least want here Holloway or Warnock?!

I’d snap someone’s hand off to get Warnock here.

Knowing what I know about the Skull and his hatred for City I wouldn’t want him anywhere near this club.

12 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

If that is true then yeah that’s pretty crap. No more trips to Banjo.

Rather sad (to say the least) about his Mum, certainly knew of her presence many years ago (when I played football with Ian at Longwell Green) and when she worked at the Chemists in Banjo (next door to my own mums video shop) again many years ago.

4 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

I can’t stand Holloway, the gas hated him as a player they even had a song for him.

as a manager he not achieved anything of note tbh & bar a prem spell not done much

I don't think getting Blackpool to the premiership can be called 'Not much'.

10 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

:laugh: what a load of rubbish 

the squad he had was to good for championship 

Easy to say that after the event but they were one of the favourites for relegation that season and nobody was predicting them to go up. If the players were too good for the Championship, Blackpool alone noticed it at the time. Nobody else thought so.

What he did was no less impressive than what Wagner did with Huddersfield. Any argument to the contrary feels like historical revisionism. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Easy to say that after the event but they were one of the favourites for relegation that season and nobody was predicting them to go up. It was no less impressive than what Wagner did with Huddersfield. Any argument to the contrary feels like historical revisionism. 

That was the most entertaining game at Ashton Gate that season 

Great satire, if not calm down.

I dont think City fans really 'hate' Skeletor, we're just taking the piss and it's good fun, if Sags or Hollowhead get mad they should fold their club and take up knitting; Bristol Rover Knitting circle. In memory of poor babies who can't take the bantz 

20 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Whatever any of us might think of the man it would be nice if we showed some respect and stopped posting bollocks for now.

I imagine times are tough for Mr H at the moment.

I'm sure those of us that have lost a parent can sympathise right now.

He might be an arsehole, but he's lost his mum. His kids have lost their nan.

All the feelings and emotions right now, plus all the bureaucracy that comes with this situation is enough for anyone, let alone a manager of a football team with fans calling for your scalp every time it goes to shit, new deals to be arranged, contracts to be signed etc...

My condolences to you and yours Ian.

Archived