IGNORED

England u17's

Roger Red Hat

Good to see the venues for these three Group games were spread around the lower divisions; Chesterfield, Walsall and tonight Rotherham.

Although Rotherham - Chesterfield is only 25 miles, pity they didn't bring a game to the South West or East Anglia.

17 minutes ago, 22A said:

Good to see the venues for these three Group games were spread around the lower divisions; Chesterfield, Walsall and tonight Rotherham.

Although Rotherham - Chesterfield is only 25 miles, pity they didn't bring a game to the South West or East Anglia.

Agreed. Why do we rarely get to host these sort of games?

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

A very good question

13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

All three of those grounds are less than an hour away from St George`s Park though which is where the squad will be based I guess.

No agenda here @Ivorguy, just a question of logistics. You can`t use this as a stick to beat the club with I`m afraid, it`s tenuous even by your standards.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

No agenda here @Ivorguy, just a question of logistics. You can`t use this as a stick to beat the club with I`m afraid, it`s tenuous even by your standards.

OK, so why did we get them in times gone by then, simply because now England have an HQ.  I find that equally tenuous. By the way snide personal comments are not appreciated by many of us on otib

Ps For the record it is BS more than current BCFC that worries me sick

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

OK, so why did we get them in times gone by then, simply because now England have an HQ.  I find that equally tenuous. By the way snide personal comments are not appreciated by many of us on otib

Ps For the record it is BS more than current BCFC that worries me sick

a) Relatively small stadia for the 1200 fans that may turn up. Would you as a businessman who was putting on an event for say, 300 attendees hire the O2 arena or the local Premier Inn function room?

b) These lads are 15/16 so after a game where they will not be back on the bus until after 11pm will not have a four hour drive back to their base when they have studies/training the next day.

c) Your relentless conspiracy theories and demands for `outside intervention` for no apparent reason other than the fact that you don`t like it are becoming rather tedious.

For the record, I`m not happy with many aspects of BS or BCFC at the moment but I don`t spend my time cooking up wild accusations about the owners which have no basis in fact whatsoever. Perhaps I don`t have the personal grudge that some seem to have.

If you have hard facts why you believe all these things that happen do, please let`s see them. 

36 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Nope. Lost to the Swiss.

Yep, but Italy were also on 6 points so were also taken into account for the head to head.

So in the results between the three teams, England take 2nd on goal difference:

1. Italy P2 W1 D0 L1 F3 A2 GD1
  2. Eng P2 W1 D0 L1 F2 A2 GD0
  3. Swi P2 W1 D0 L1 F1 A2 GD-1

Bit convoluted, but it's how all the UEFA competitions have worked for a while now I think (they may have always done it come to think of it, but not sure).

10 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Yep, but Italy were also on 6 points so were also taken into account for the head to head.

So in the results between the three teams, England take 2nd on goal difference:

1. Italy P2 W1 D0 L1 F3 A2 GD1
  2. Eng P2 W1 D0 L1 F2 A2 GD0
  3. Swi P2 W1 D0 L1 F1 A2 GD-1

Bit convoluted, but it's how all the UEFA competitions have worked for a while now I think (they may have always done it come to think of it, but not sure).

Wow ! That is complicated. Thanks very much. Very, very lucky to get through then. Probably go on and win it now. 

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

a) Relatively small stadia for the 1200 fans that may turn up. Would you as a businessman who was putting on an event for say, 300 attendees hire the O2 arena or the local Premier Inn function room?

b) These lads are 15/16 so after a game where they will not be back on the bus until after 11pm will not have a four hour drive back to their base when they have studies/training the next day.

c) Your relentless conspiracy theories and demands for `outside intervention` for no apparent reason other than the fact that you don`t like it are becoming rather tedious.

For the record, I`m not happy with many aspects of BS or BCFC at the moment but I don`t spend my time cooking up wild accusations about the owners which have no basis in fact whatsoever. Perhaps I don`t have the personal grudge that some seem to have.

If you have hard facts why you believe all these things that happen do, please let`s see them. 

It is precisely because time and again no one on otib is able to explain the inexplicable that I would like to see an independent audit to clear the air.

Incidentally as regards this thread my point is that we used to attract u 23 England matches to Ashton Gate and given all the hype about Rugby internationals at Ashton Vale am interested whether we have attempted to get England football at any level to redeveloped Gate.  The West is starved of this level of game - that's all, no conspiracy, just seems like a missed opportunity that's all.

Archived