IGNORED

I earned the right to start a new LJ thread

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Obviously I’d like to see us go for top six again. But unless we’re going to be sufficiently resourced, is it a fair objective?

We’re probably middle of the pack in terms of wage budget/squad quality so unless the directive changes from the top down in terms of the type of player we recruit I can’t see that top six is necessarily a realistic objective. 

I know it’s not just about wages, but can you really expect to take a - say - 12th placed squad and deliver a 1st-6th placed finish without a large slice of luck? Would a Ford Focus expect to keep pace with a Porsche over the long distance?

The manner of points accumulation was very frustrating but ultimately we probably finished in what was about the right position given the weaknesses in the squad and disparity between the haves and want to haves. 

Taking Cardiff out of the equation as the anomaly, the clubs that finished top six this season are all considerably ahead of us in squad depth and quality, and wage budget (though even Cardiff are ahead of us on that front)  

I think if we are to expect a top six finish then LJ should expect a change in steer from the top about recruitment. 

If we went into next season unchanged then for me top ten would be an achievement and that’s if we keep our best players let alone if we lose them and fail to adequately re-recruit. 

All your questions are thoughts that constantly go around in my head when thinking about our club. If @RedM is correct in that Lee will be expected to do more with less then I can only see it ending in tears for someone. 

Perhaps this summer will be the biggest indication of where SL sees BCFC's future.... talking of which- I'll be really really pleased if we recruit a player and the club say " this is one for the present".

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

All your questions are thoughts that constantly go around in my head when thinking about our club. If @RedM is correct in that Lee will be expected to do more with less then I can only see it ending in tears for someone. 

Perhaps this summer will be the biggest indication of where SL sees BCFC's future.... talking of which- I'll be really really pleased if we recruit a player and the club say " this is one for the present".

Engvall was for the present - then retracted

Eliasson was for the present - albeit tempered by he’ll have to get used to our defensive responsibilities and triggers.

Walsh was for the present - ready to compete for a place, but he’ll have to oust Pack and Smith.

@Marina's Rolls RoyceI just get the feeling the message behind the smiles to the fans to LJ will be ‘I’m not as confident in your ability regarding signings and consistency as I was, so if you want money to spend you will have to sell until I feel confident to back you again. You have to use what you got or make it work somehow, oh and you must be aiming for top 6 too.

Personally I have to admit I have pretty much backed LJ as a manager, as I did as a player, but he frustrates me at times. I think though if he is at the end of his abilities and backing I would want him to go sooner than later with dignity. I think the whole set up was a bit of a hopeful fairy story, fine when it’s going great but very unhealthy and uncomfortable when things aren’t so good.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you not think Cardiff have squad depth and quality?  I think they are player for player much better than us, albeit created to play differently to us.

We’ve not got a CB pairing as good as Bamba and Morrison.  Hoilett is miles better than any of our wisemen.  They bypass their middle two, so diesnt really matter how we compare there, etc.

Yeah I just meant relative to the rest of the top six they’re the obvious overachievers compared to the money that the likes of Villa and Derby have thrown at it. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah I just meant relative to the rest of the top six they’re the obvious overachievers compared to the money that the likes of Villa and Derby have thrown at it. 

Yeah, fair point, but still spent lots more than us!

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Come on @Marina's Rolls Royce, admit it: the prospect of Lee going and SL looking for/appointing another head coach/manager doesn't bear thinking about....

That’s the thing that bothers me, if he goes then it will be another failure. SL has said numerous times we can’t go on hiring and firing, but with that statement has he also shot himself in the foot a little as he can’t be seen to be going back on his word. He’s in a difficult position if things don’t go right next season, but to be fair he has put himself there. Perhaps he is hoping Lee will get another job so everyone saves face, very important in business I understand.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

@Marina's Rolls RoyceI just get the feeling the message behind the smiles to the fans to LJ will be ‘I’m not as confident in your ability regarding signings and consistency as I was, so if you want money to spend you will have to sell until I feel confident to back you again.

That is definitely the message from SL.

You have to use what you got or make it work somehow, oh and you must be aiming for top 6 too.

Yep, SL has made it clear.  He is “disappointed”.  Remember when your parents tell you that you’ve disappointed them...you know you’ve done bad!

Personally I have to admit I have pretty much backed LJ as a manager, as I did as a player, but he frustrates me at times. I think though if he is at the end of his abilities and backing I would want him to go sooner than later with dignity.

I’ve backed him and criticised him.  West Brom, Swansea or someone else might offer the dignified route!!

I think the whole set up was a bit of a hopeful fairy story, fine when it’s going great but very unhealthy and uncomfortable when things aren’t so good.

I wouldn’t go that far, I just think the Champ is such a tough league to put an apprentice in charge.  Had LJ been at Oldham and Barnsley for longer periods, and it was now we brought him in (say Cotts, had kept us in the division but hadn’t progressed us) it would be a bit like the prodigal son returning, rather than the prodigal toddler we got.

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

@Marina's Rolls RoyceI just get the feeling the message behind the smiles to the fans to LJ will be ‘I’m not as confident in your ability regarding signings and consistency as I was, so if you want money to spend you will have to sell until I feel confident to back you again. You have to use what you got or make it work somehow, oh and you must be aiming for top 6 too.

Personally I have to admit I have pretty much backed LJ as a manager, as I did as a player, but he frustrates me at times. I think though if he is at the end of his abilities and backing I would want him to go sooner than later with dignity. I think the whole set up was a bit of a hopeful fairy story, fine when it’s going great but very unhealthy and uncomfortable when things aren’t so good.

IF Steve feels like that then it may be best to move on but surely Lee did enough last season to justify a healthy budget this summer? It's just those damned sustained bad runs which he just can't seem to shake off wherever he is. I've never had a couple of Billion so I don't what I'd do when facing a decision about throwing multiple millions to a Manager that delights and frustrates in equal measure.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Engvall was for the present - then retracted

Eliasson was for the present - albeit tempered by he’ll have to get used to our defensive responsibilities and triggers.

Walsh was for the present - ready to compete for a place, but he’ll have to oust Pack and Smith.

You're quite right Dave- they only became one for the future when they clearly weren't one for the present- My bad- I'd forgotten this.

9 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

IMO, I have. I have been a die hard supporter of Lee to the point of me being branded as a happy clapper and delusional. I have had to justify my support for " Little Lee-the poison dwarf " for the best part of three seasons .

And here's the thing: We've ended up with a top half finish, not a moment of relegation trouble, the best finish in almost decade and the most glorious moment in as long when we beat Man U. At the death.

I get what BCFC are doing and am really grateful to SL and can only despise his critics.  I am  happy and clappy and completely supportive of this fine man.

However...... I cannot deny that I am now putting my support for Lee on notice. He is now an experienced Manager of three clubs , he is also shortly to be in the top four longest serving Managers in the Championship. He has a good squad, fair budget , fantastic owner, brilliant stadium, great academy and all the tools to succeed.

I understand a blip in form- shit happens. But it seems that it happens with Lee a bit too often and whilst I'm delighted to see us in the top half with a fantastic cup run- I'm still a bit hacked off at our collapse since Xmas.

My points is that even us optimists and so called 'happy clappers' are getting a bit sceptical . We really want Lee to succeed ( as much as many on here don't) but next season is the final chance imo.

If Lee is not on track within a reasonable time scale ( oct/nov) to take us up next season then , with great regret, I think it will be time for SL to end the Johnson Journey. He has been given every support, every tool and the fans have been flipping fantastic.

Time to deliver, Lee

What's this 'we' business.  You can only speak for yourself.

39 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

As usual MM , I think @RedM is accurate - That’s certainly what LJ hinted at in one of his interviews recently

And Tbf to @Davefevs - he’s  been predicting this , or certainly the possibility for some weeks now

Almost a case of you can spend what you generate or maybe only some / most of it

Firstly @Marina's Rolls Royce I'm happy that the medication has finally kicked in and you are starting to see the world for what it is ;)

I wonder if SL has pulled another public announcement masterstroke. At the hight , or should that be depth , of our shocking run last season SL made a statement that turned out to be bordering on genius, intentional or not. 
Just as the banners were coming out and chants had started, he said that LJ was here as long as HE (SL) wanted. That stopped a lot of decent in it's tracks, the fans got behind the team and put their feelings for LJ to one side.
Now he has said something that may make LJ realise , although he has a secure and supported job , he is not bulletproof. What happens now is anyones guess , but one things for sure, Johnson won't be able to sit back and coast. 

For me , progression/improvement would come in a season of solid form. We could finish 8-14th , but as long as we avoid these soul destroying bad runs. Normal teams have  patches of wins and losses, Johnson somehow takes this to an amazing level. A season where we have no more than 2/3 defeats on the trot, and a reasonable level of form through the season rather than massive peaks and troughs of the last couple of years, I would consider progression , if not success. Success can wait.

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Firstly @Marina's Rolls Royce I'm happy that the medication has finally kicked in and you are starting to see the world for what it is ;)

The medication was Sunderland at home when at half time I was simply buzzing and left the ground dazed and confused. It was the most abject decision making and still doesn't make any sense. And Hull was a bitter pill .....and Villa. The fact we shipped in 8 goals at home in our final 3 matches. 

Threre is still a place in the trombone section of that band if you want it @Marina's Rolls Royce  :trumpet:

:whistle:

;)

:thumbsup:

On a serious note I’m all a bit confused here

I have lots of real concerns about LJ and if I was SL I’d probably be decisive and make a change

He won’t at the present time and as we’ve come this far I’m not too cheesed that he will get another window and at the minimum a run into next season

I think both LJ and our recruitment have serious flaws and we believe we have messed and muddled and missed a real chance to develop , Post SC when we had a small but decent squad which needed some adding to

BUT

SL now comes out stating we must do better next season and mumbling about top 6 despite clear indicators that we are about to lose some of our cornerstones and doubt as to whether LJ will be allowed that much recruitment

Now personally I think that’s a big big ask and in reality totally unrealistic

As someone who’s classed as a LJ knocker / moaner Im amazed at the number on here that think we should be pushing top 6 next season to justify  LJs role (With the expected summer to come)

It would take a bloody good Manager without Lee’s frailties to hope to achieve that and I find the whole apparent stance , and the timing of it , strange

It certainly sounds like he’s a bit fed up with some aspects of what’s gone on

It puts an awful lot of pressure on LJ that’s for sure , and I don’t think that will work or help

If we lose BR and JB and maybe AF or another cornerstone I’d be delighted to survive next season tbh

I think if SL seriously expects Top 6 (Assuming we don’t splash out big in summer) I think he’s going to be very disappointed and then either have to turn back on his expectations or make  a change

Never been convinced that SL understands ‘football’ , the numbers I’m sure , but the bit about running a good football side - 

Nahhh

So, billionaire owner comes out at end of season and says we won't be splashing the cash and we can only spend what we generate.  Just as his staff are probably talking to agents about players they want and deals they'd like to make.  And everyone thinks he's serious??  Coincidence?  

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Threre is still a place in the trombone section of that band if you want it @Marina's Rolls Royce  :trumpet:

:whistle:

;)

:thumbsup:

On a serious note I’m all a bit confused here

I have lots of real concerns about LJ and if I was SL I’d probably be decisive and make a change

He won’t at the present time and as we’ve come this far I’m not too cheesed that he will get another window and at the minimum a run into next season

I think both LJ and our recruitment have serious flaws and we believe we have messed and muddled and missed a real chance to develop , Post SC when we had a small but decent squad which needed some adding to

BUT

SL now comes out stating we must do better next season and mumbling about top 6 despite clear indicators that we are about to lose some of our cornerstones and doubt as to whether LJ will be allowed that much recruitment

Now personally I think that’s a big big ask and in reality totally unrealistic

As someone who’s classed as a LJ knocker / moaner Im amazed at the number on here that think we should be pushing top 6 next season to justify  LJs role (With the expected summer to come)

It would take a bloody good Manager without Lee’s frailties to hope to achieve that and I find the whole apparent stance , and the timing of it , strange

It certainly sounds like he’s a bit fed up with some aspects of what’s gone on

It puts an awful lot of pressure on LJ that’s for sure , and I don’t think that will work or help

If we lose BR and JB and maybe AF or another cornerstone I’d be delighted to survive next season tbh

I think if SL seriously expects Top 6 (Assuming we don’t splash out big in summer) I think he’s going to be very disappointed and then either have to turn back on his expectations or make  a change

Never been convinced that SL understands ‘football’ , the numbers I’m sure , but the bit about running a good football side - 

Nahhh

I agree... SL and JL get away Scot free most of the time. What they expect within the confines is too much imo. The fact LJ is being linked with much bigger clubs than us, proves he's regarded highly in his coaching. But expecting to achieve top 6 next season, within the blueprint is imo, a step too far. The bloke is up against it for sure.

Billionaire owner is less relevant in the age of FFP. Lots of clubs have very wealthy owners for a start, secondly you cannot just throw money at it or you risk sanctions.

My little FFP point out the way, I genuinely don't see a top 6 finish next year. Sounds pessimistic, but I just don't think that's realistic at this stage- amongst my key concerns are LJ's tactical naivety and stubbornness in this area- either he won't learn or he can't- I'm assuming it's the former because he's played the game, managed teams- his dad was a manager- he's been in professional football a long time so the only conclusion is that he is sticking to his philosophy of 4-4-2, a philosophy which sees us way too open- out of a stubborn streak/belief that his way will work best eventually.  That's before we even get onto the key players, the jewels in the crown who might be off.

If we stick to 4-4-2, we'll be so open and easy to combat that we will slip down the League to a bottom half type place IMO.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree... SL and JL get away Scot free most of the time. What they expect within the confines is too much imo. The fact LJ is being linked with much bigger clubs than us, proves he's regarded highly in his coaching. But expecting to achieve top 6 next season, within the blueprint is imo, a step too far. The bloke is up against it for sure.

Shows out of touch he is in all honesty

If he honestly expects us to push for top 6 now I’d go as far as he may as well make a decisive change now 

And

Back a new man in Summer window

But neither will happen , nor will top 6 (Or anywhere near it IMHO)

Hes merely put pressure on him already set him up for fan pressure ; and the bullet 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see us go backwards rather than forward in the near future.

I base that on the expectations of SL and many of our fans.

As a Club, we have no right to expect top 6 or promotion.

The expectations I feel promote too much pressure on any manager and the players.

So many bigger teams in this league with bigger budgets, more experience, that fail to get in the top 6 every season.

The bar has been set high in 'expectations'....the cup run and magnificent wins over Prem teams, and so many weeks in the top 6 this season have set that bar.

Imo...when I look at other squads we overachieved massively. Our position in the league we ended up in, was probably about right. How we ended up there, with such a poor run, wasn't what anyone wanted...but funnily we averaged out to where I expected roughly.

If LJ was to have an average bag of results next season or the next and finished around mid to higher in the table, the fans would be furious imo.

The most likely outcome would be fan pressure demanding change.

We've a history of bringing in managers that ultimately fail...we'd probably do it again, and end up going backwards again.

It wasn't that long ago, that fans were desperate for us to become an established Championship side.

A couple seasons up and SL and fans want and demand the Prem and top 6.

People sight the likes of Huddersfield and Bournemouth...so yes it is possible....but imo the demands and expectations are far too much considering our recent history and lack of achievement in this division.

The blueprint on how we now run this club and how we recruit...within the confines of the league system with transfer and loans, will take a lot longer to succeed to any good level imo.

When LJ said he needed so many transfer windows to find a way of playing...that didn't mean promotion...just finding a way to compete.

That comment by him, imo, has led many to think it meant top 6.

It will take at least 3 to 4 seasons to see a massive improvement in development and bringing players through to a quality we need.

Take Bobby Reid as a Prime example...how long has it taken him to get to this standard. The same can be said of Bryan.

When you see the likes of Moore, Vyner, Kelly...the 'future' amongst others....how many more seasons are they going to need to get up to those standards?

Fast tracking young Academy players with loans to league 1 and 2....and then blooding them in the Championship and expecting instant results...it's not going to happen soon is it.

It took Brownhill and Odowda a couple seasons to get to speed. If the likes of Vyner and Kelly end up in our back 4 in the Championship, does anyone think they aren't going to make mistakes whilst adapting to the league?

It's a catch 22....give it a go 'our way'...or go with the masses...and fail just as many times as they do.

What we all have to remember...is when it comes to making footballing decisions, SL hasn't had a great track record in doing them.

He makes the decisions...and regardless of dreams and demands and expectations, his decision making doesn't warrant those demand imo.

Do you really believe that SL spent £45 million on the stadium, for City to jog along in the middle of the Championship or even bouncing between League One and the Championship.

It's about time someone at Bristol City put pressure on the staff to achieve better than what we've had for the last forty years. As Harry Truman said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!" Life has been too easy at City for such a long time, it's now engrained in the fabric of the club and it needs to be removed tout de suite.

10 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

IMO, I have. I have been a die hard supporter of Lee to the point of me being branded as a happy clapper and delusional. I have had to justify my support for " Little Lee-the poison dwarf " for the best part of three seasons .

And here's the thing: We've ended up with a top half finish, not a moment of relegation trouble, the best finish in almost decade and the most glorious moment in as long when we beat Man U. At the death.

I get what BCFC are doing and am really grateful to SL and can only despise his critics.  I am  happy and clappy and completely supportive of this fine man.

However...... I cannot deny that I am now putting my support for Lee on notice. He is now an experienced Manager of three clubs , he is also shortly to be in the top four longest serving Managers in the Championship. He has a good squad, fair budget , fantastic owner, brilliant stadium, great academy and all the tools to succeed.

I understand a blip in form- shit happens. But it seems that it happens with Lee a bit too often and whilst I'm delighted to see us in the top half with a fantastic cup run- I'm still a bit hacked off at our collapse since Xmas.

My points is that even us optimists and so called 'happy clappers' are getting a bit sceptical . We really want Lee to succeed ( as much as many on here don't) but next season is the final chance imo.

If Lee is not on track within a reasonable time scale ( oct/nov) to take us up next season then , with great regret, I think it will be time for SL to end the Johnson Journey. He has been given every support, every tool and the fans have been flipping fantastic.

Time to deliver, Lee

It sounds like you now share the doubts expressed - with every justification - by other posters for a long time. 

You are not the only one grateful to SL but that overall goodwill doesn't have to extend to entrenching yourself in wholehearted support for every decision he makes -especially with his past record of managerial appointments. 

Severe doubts, and even criticism, of the appointment of an inexperienced and inconsistent 3rd division manager were always reasonable and it seems you've simply come very late to the table in your own recognition of those realities after fighting them, and posters who voice them, every inch of the way.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Exactly so. I think that despite those on here who have the opinion that Lee is SL's love child and has a job for life - the reality is different. SL is only too ware that the true sustainability for BCFC lies in the money generated in the Premiership.

He is an unbelievably supportive owner to all his Managers but has also sacked plenty and if he feels that Lee can't ultimately deliver a promotion then he'll look elsewhere.

I thing Steve wants Lee to be the one more than anyone else but what none of us know ( including Lee) is what timeframe SL is working to and rarely does anyone know what SL will do until he's done it.

That assumes that SL wants the same thing as you, me and many others who have truly supported BCFC for many many years.

To my mind though that’s not what he wants. If he can achieve sustainability elsewhere amongst his sporting and entertainment basket that’s now Bristol Sport he’ll be content.

And if he can’t but gets his rewards elsewhere from the investment then he’ll be equally content.

He’s nothing more than the curly haired one who financed Brislington or the cigar smoking one who financed Mangotsfield many years ago.

And who survived that? The clubs. Not the money men.

Lansdown’s legacy will be a stand named after him. And in years to come that’ll be replaced with something bigger and better.

BCFC however will remain.

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Shows out of touch he is in all honesty

If he honestly expects us to push for top 6 now I’d go as far as he may as well make a decisive change now 

And

Back a new man in Summer window

But neither will happen , nor will top 6 (Or anywhere near it IMHO)

Hes merely put pressure on him already set him up for fan pressure ; and the bullet 

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Do you really believe that SL spent £45 million on the stadium, for City to jog along in the middle of the Championship or even bouncing between League One and the Championship.

It's about time someone at Bristol City put pressure on the staff to achieve better than what we've had for the last forty years. As Harry Truman said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!" Life has been too easy at City for such a long time, it's now engrained in the fabric of the club and it needs to be removed tout de suite.

SL can't expect any manager, let alone LJ, to achieve Promotion or even play offs, with the blueprint of how he wants to run the club, next season or the following.

It's not the managers fault...the blueprint is for the long term. When SL and the board set that blueprint, he said it was a long term strategy...not short term, which is within a couple seasons usually.

How does SL expect to buy in young players to develop, and have them up to Championship top 6 level next season?

As an example...the following team based players we've bought to develop and get experience doing so.

-------------------------------------------------------------------FF/another------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moore---------------------------------Vyner-------------------------------------------Kelly----------------------------------------------------Mags

Odowda/Elliason---------------------Brownhill/Walsh-------------------------Bakinson/Morrell----------------------------Pato

---------------------------------------------------Famara/Duric--------------------------Hinds/Taylor/another------------------------------

No way is that going to be good enough in two seasons....but maybe with some added experience and the experience they gain, it could further down the line.

The expectations and time scale expected by SL, do not go hand in hand with his blueprint.

16 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

How do you figure with the second bit? I mean, people keep saying this but what proof do we have- we sacked Pemberton, we have not in general been averse to changing  a manager, we are not averse to a major churn (too big IMO) of players every summer, in terms of numbers in and numbers out.

The first bit? His ambition yes, but it's one among many. Another way of looking at it is we needed to update the ground and infrastructure just to have a decent chance of competing at this level- by which I mean a base as a solid Championship side, let alone top 6 or beyond.

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

SL can't expect any manager, let alone LJ, to achieve Promotion or even play offs, with the blueprint of how he wants to run the club, next season or the following.

It's not the managers fault...the blueprint is for the long term. When SL and the board set that blueprint, he said it was a long term strategy...not short term, which is within a couple seasons usually.

How does SL expect to buy in young players to develop, and have them up to Championship top 6 level next season?

The expectations and time scale expected by SL, do not go hand in hand with his blueprint.

Totally agree

Been saying since day one of this philosophy 

For the ethos to have any chance of succeeding (Progress and eventual promotion) the 

a) Coaching and Managing

And

b) Recruitment

Have to be excellent and consistently performing (over several years)

IMHO Neither of the above a) or b) applies to the current regime

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree

Been saying since day one of this philosophy 

For the ethos to have any chance of succeeding (Progress and eventual promotion) the 

a) Coaching and Managing

And

b) Recruitment

Have to be excellent and consistently performing (over several years)

IMHO Neither of the above a) or b) applies to the current regime

I think the problem lies in trying to find a coach/manager that is willing to work to the clubs ethos.

Not many would agree to it.

It wouldn't look good on their CV if it fails.

However...you have the likes of Wenger who agreed to it...but they already had an established club to work with.

We are basically starting again....and have had to fast track our infrastructure just to play catch up.

It's not established and it takes time to grow and make contacts.

I believe LJ is the right man for this job, purely because he has agreed to go along with it long term...which for a manager is risky.

I believe LJ has the ability to grow with the club, he just needs better tools around him imo.

For a start...get rid of MA in the recruitment side of things.

That's where we need to be stronger imo.

There is a free magazine called Business Leader South West edition.  SL is on the cover of the edition that arrived today.

BLSW:

What is your long-term ambition for Bristol Sport?

SL:

Good question because it's always evolving.  Primarily I think it's marketing and media related.  It's focusing on making sure the clubs that we are involved with make the best out of what they have.  Whether that's improving the brand, the commercial opportunities or their community infiltration.  If I was going to look back at it in five or ten years' time, I;d like to say that ensured more people participated in sport, more people supported in terms of coming to watch...

44 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

That assumes that SL wants the same thing as you, me and many others who have truly supported BCFC for many many years.

To my mind though that’s not what he wants. If he can achieve sustainability elsewhere amongst his sporting and entertainment basket that’s now Bristol Sport he’ll be content.

And if he can’t but gets his rewards elsewhere from the investment then he’ll be equally content.

He’s nothing more than the curly haired one who financed Brislington or the cigar smoking one who financed Mangotsfield many years ago.

And who survived that? The clubs. Not the money men.

Lansdown’s legacy will be a stand named after him. And in years to come that’ll be replaced with something bigger and better.

BCFC however will remain.

Didn’t the cigar smoking one go to Brislington after the curly haired one.  I left Brislington during the curly haired one’s time, and I think he financed it in the right way.  The club was still a club imho.  After I left, and soon after cigar man came in, the soul got ripped out imho.

The first season I was at Brislington we got zilch, and then after Xmas it was £10 win (and sometimes curry Source on our chips at an away game).  Even when we got promoted to the WL Prem it was still not much more and even then zilch for a defeat.

6 minutes ago, Jan Window said:

There is a free magazine called Business Leader South West edition.  SL is on the cover of the edition that arrived today.

BLSW:

SL:

Good question because it's always evolving.  Primarily I think it's marketing and media related.  It's focusing on making sure the clubs that we are involved with make the best out of what they have.  Whether that's improving the brand, the commercial opportunities or their community infiltration.  If I was going to look back at it in five or ten years' time, I;d like to say that ensured more people participated in sport, more people supported in terms of coming to watch...

Kin ‘ell. :grr:

Lost for words.

12 minutes ago, Jan Window said:

BLSW:

SL:

******* hate this club sometimes.

Archived