IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

16 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Surely this isn't true, plays a huge role at the club regarding media & communications.

Vastly experienced and very good at what he does. 

This what be an extremely odd decision. 

Makes it more believable. 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Our football club is rotten at the core. 

Wow.  That's a strong statement.  Do you want to name names?

I thought this must be utter nonsense but if yo are reacting like that...

Of course, if Adam is made redundant, our club will not be able to recruit a new "Head of Media and Communications" for quite some time.  Begs the question of how they will do any media going forward.

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Our football club is rotten at the core. 

And the core is.....

I’m guessing that they at the top are involved. Or at least being at the top means accountability for all that goes on below.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Bristol City Football Club is no longer the club I’ve supported for many years through thick and thin. Since my old dad sat me on the crowd barriers in the Enclosure.

Modern football attracts the likes of the Lansdowns and any other wealthy investor.

Sadly Lansdown is no different to anyone else in that respect.

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

Wow.  That's a strong statement.  Do you want to name names?

I thought this must be utter nonsense but if yo are reacting like that...

Of course, if Adam is made redundant, our club will not be able to recruit a new "Head of Media and Communications" for quite some time.  Begs the question of how they will do any media going forward.

Bristol Sport do the media.  Wasn't Adam employed by BCFC?

6 minutes ago, cheese said:

Bristol Sport do the media.  Wasn't Adam employed by BCFC?

He was. And yes it is true, friend of a friend info. I guess someone from BS will be taking over his position, but if the job was made redundant they can’t can they, not in the exact same role?

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

He was. And yes it is true, friend of a friend info. I guess someone from BS will be taking over his position, but if the job was made redundant they can’t can they, not in the exact same role?

In my line of work no, not for at least 6 months i think it is...presume that is the standard law/rule

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

They just need to tweak the job description and give it a new job title - happens all the time...

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Lisa Knights?

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Clever people have a way of getting around niceities like this.

Remember when Andy Stockhausen was made “redundant” by The Post? Gregor McGregor was in the role within days.

I expect @Robbored will say he was “homesick” and couldn’t settle in Bristol, I expect..

Adam seems good at his job - I've been a critic of his RB co commentator role but of course he's extremely limited in what he can say.

As long as they're well qualified and good at their job it's good to see genuine City fans employed by the club and this decision, like TimS, would be removing another long term fan from a high profile role.

Seems an odd one -which individual would be responsible for this decision?

Archived