IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

To be honest I can’t remember a time when he wasn’t at the club, must have been there years? Seems a crazy move in this age of being increasingly media driven to get rid of someone who does it well. I know the league clubs have been given permission to not produce a programme, surely that can’t be the reason?

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

He was. And yes it is true, friend of a friend info. I guess someone from BS will be taking over his position, but if the job was made redundant they can’t can they, not in the exact same role?

Well, I suppose that if BCFC no longer handle communications then the role would be redundant within BCFC.  Risky thing to do though - you can imagine all sorts of legal arguments. I imagine that if this is true he would be subject to a compromise agreement - i.e. paid off but subject to a confidentiality clause.

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Our football club is rotten at the core. 

Seems like someone is making their Mark. Ashton gate is not just changing in appearance, this is becoming a club I dont recognise. 

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Seems like someone is making their Mark. Ashton gate is not just changing in appearance, this is becoming a club I dont recognise. 

Nicely woven in there.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was the work of Corporal Smarm. Sooner he ***** off the better.

19 minutes ago, cider head said:

It’s not been a “”CLUB””” for a while now and some did warn of it.

Spot on.

It’s a very rich man’s play thing.

Nothing more, nothing less.

All Lansdown wants is a return on an investment. Be that something that sweats away and generates cash, makes a loss that can be used as a tax deductible allowance elsewhere or secured on an asset that then sees a massive growth in value 

Did he ever want to move to Ashton Vale or was that just smoke and mirrors to flush out objections to get a much more valuable consent for him, Jon or grandson?

If only Lansdown was Russian. Or from the Middle East. Or Far East. Or American. Or wanted us to play in blue.

**** me there’d be an outcry.

But instead he’s one of our own. And we must all bow down, take it and be grateful.....

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Spot on.

It’s a very rich man’s play thing.

Nothing more, nothing less.

All Lansdown wants is a return on an investment. Be that something that sweats away and generates cash, makes a loss that can be used as a tax deductible allowance elsewhere or secured on an asset that then sees a massive growth in value 

Did he ever want to move to Ashton Vale or was that just smoke and mirrors to flush out objections to get a much more valuable consent for him, Jon or grandson?

If only Lansdown was Russian. Or from the Middle East. Or Far East. Or American. Or wanted us to play in blue.

**** me there’d be an outcry.

But instead he’s one of our own. And we must all bow down, take it and be grateful.....

I think you're wrong. IMV he is not in this for a return on his investment but wants to create a sporting legacy in Bristol that will live on beyond him.

The trouble is, his vision of a sporting empire involves things being created along much more corporate lines than any of us normal people would like, hence some of the crazy sackings and hirings when taken at face value. I suspect that in the murky management world they make perfect sense.

1 minute ago, Robbie_Turner said:

I wonder when the people that have really failed in their roles will be 'Made redundant' !!? Captain smarm that has failed with far to many transfers in now and will no doubt continue failing with transfers out shortly !!!

Announce new 5 year contract.

It is a great shame that Adam Baker has been cast aside. He was good at his job and I wish him all the best in future and thank him for his contribution to our club. However, as richwwtk says Bristol City is now a corporate entity so nothing should surprise us. As Michael Douglas would have said in Wall Street or Gordon Gecko or whatever, 'Breakfast is for wimps.' I guess as far as BS is concerned sentimentality is too.

Strange how some people are ruthlessly dealt with and others on far higher salaries at the sharper end of the  organisation structure are allowed to cut their teeth / learn in the job with all of their failings there for all to see. JOKE.

1 minute ago, Tim S said:

Well I know how he feels! 

Im shocked but cant say surprised by it sadly. Seems its jobs for the boys (or in this case woman) for Mark Ashton. His way or the highway. Welcome to the highway Adam....! 

You two should write your memoirs.

Title: A Knights Tale.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Got any evidence that LJ was involved in a decision that may or not be true?

Pretty sure that old episodes of Sesame St will help you to distinguish between the letters JL and the letters LJ..

Oh my god, if this is true, it is horrendous news! 

PLEASE STAY OFF THE PITCH… FFS!

So sorry AB… always enjoyed your commentary/videos etc. Flinty will have to find someone else's bits to grab…:bones:

Shame the West Country lilt is being eradicated from the media side of the club…

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

JL putting his stamp on the club again I see...?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Got any evidence that LJ was involved in a decision that may or not be true?

Where does he say LJ?

Why have you gotta defend LJ against everything?

Embarrassing for a grown man to be so in love with another grown man that he has no connection with......  

Archived