IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

41 minutes ago, Super said:

Lisa Knights?

What MAs friend Lisa ???

Never (Was exactly my first thoughts Super)

you couldnt make it up , or recruitment is flawed , there are real doubts about MA , the coaches and Head Coach , The players , or some of them threw the towel in .....

Whose first head is on the block ........oh yes the media guy who gets paid annually less than a fortnights wages than some of our players

(Actually Thought our media work was possibly the best work of season) 

I don’t know Adam personally but he works his azzz off and is a true City fan and comes across as very likeable

Disgraceful

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Poor recruitment, hopeless tactics on the pitch and we bomb out the media man. Only at Bristol City.

A man who was leading a team that’s been widely praised this season. Look at how much work they had done earlier in the season, getting is in the national papers weekly. 

Ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Are there any other genuine City fans left at the club now that the fans / supporters / clients / customers can relate to? I'm feeling more and more detached from what was 'our' club by the day. :(

Pete Smith is still there, but really from the days when I first started working here and dealing with people at the club like Kerry/Adam/Joe etc none left. 

Lisa Knights was heavily involved in the stadium development updates wasn’t she. Now that’s all finished I guess it was felt she needed a role. Wonder if she will do the radio commentary stuff. I hope not, I rearely listen but I just don’t like female voices on the radio, apart from the fact she won’t be as good as Adam was.

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Pete Smith is still there, but really from the days when I first started working here and dealing with people at the club like Kerry/Adam/Joe etc none left. 

Thanks Tom, that's really quite sad. :( Those are genuinely good people. 

It does appear, as mentioned above, that having a Bristolian accent doesn't fit with the new BCFC any more. A mistake by the club IMHO.

At least we might get another honest broker on the forum now. Bring back Beanhead.

On a side note do you wonder if this is the club expelling the incomprehensible Wurzel so new markets can understand us better?

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

At least we might get another honest broker on the forum now. Bring back Beanhead.

On a side note do you wonder if this is the club expelling the incomprehensible Wurzel so new markets can understand us better?

I would imagine he would have to watch what he says as part of his severance ZE. When most businesses make people redundant, they have a period of time where they cannot mention the company they have worked for or visit any of their previous customers. I would imagine that's pretty standard.

As for the 2nd point, I get the impression you may well be right. 

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Least you have admitted it. That’s a big step, let’s start again, welcome to the forum. :hug:

That wasn't the first time RedM...........:facepalm:

My feeble 'excuse' is that I was expected yet another criticism aimed at LJ and and in my angst and frustration I misread the initials.

9 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Isn’t Pete Smith an old school or Uni friend of JL? 

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I would imagine he would have to watch what he says as part of his severance ZE. When most businesses make people redundant, they have a period of time where they cannot mention the company they have worked for or visit any of their previous customers. I would imagine that's pretty standard.

As for the 2nd point, I get the impression you may well be right. 

How longs this period usually?

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Depending on the role, where I work it's 13 or 26 weeks. Given Beanhead's lofty position I would imagine it's the latter.

Cheers mate, out of reactions but have a word 'like'.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Doubt this one will end up on the OS. If it doesn't, and this is true, does this mean you'll always view Baker's potential departure as wild speculation?

If this is true then that's a shame. Felt he'd done a great job recently.

Which a Baker are we referring to? :D

Seriously though, Beanhead is City through and through, isn’t it something like 15 years plus he’s been around?

So is he the scapegoat?  In a season where our media team (with help from some of the other BS media guys like Joel) have been widely acclaimed for bringing City into the eyes of the social media nation.

To be honest, just like any other organisation, the wrong person will remain in a job and take the credit for someone else’s work.

Just now, Agard Days Night said:

Me too. We deserve details, we deserve answers. Time for BS to tell the truth once and for all before the very heart and soul of the club is lost forever. Or is it too late? 

We will get jack schitt I’m sure. JL and MA answer to no one, lease of all mere customers. 

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Me too. We deserve details, we deserve answers. Time for BS to tell the truth once and for all before the very heart and soul of the club is lost forever. Or is it too late? 

Maybe it could be raised at the next FAN meeting... oh, hang on, the club have stopped those in favour a new way of communicating with fans. Well maybe the head of communications could communicate what this is... oh, hang on, the club have dispensed with them too.

Another stroke of genius by the unaccountable suits.

Archived