IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

If it's done like my old company used to do these things he'll have been given twenty grand to sign a confidentiality clause which he will forfeit if he talks about it.

So don't anticipate hearing the full story from Adam as his hands will be tied.

And maybe a clause not allowing him to confirm or deny if there is a clause. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

And maybe a clause not allowing him to confirm or deny if there is a clause. 

And even a clause not allowing him to confirm or deny that there's a clause not allowing him to confirm or deny if there is a clause....

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely.

This looks like a ridiculous decision to me, but those who think it then gives them licence to smear individuals and make childish comments better be able to back them up or realise they could face legal action.

I quite enjoyed reading them. And having seen a certain man in action I can quite imagine what he gets upto, with whom and why.

He’s one of a few new duckers on the block who are riding the greasy pole and taking true supporters of BCFC for a ride.

How I long for the days of Terry Cooper and Big Joe.

Seems like a dream now....

3 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

From left to right:

Lansdown Jr, Lansdown Sr, Mark Ashton

lob1.jpg

Nope. This is they.

Pondering at the top of the tree who they’re going to shit on next.

Disabled fans. Fans with families. Employees...

Their shit knows no bounds.

5B38F7D8-5337-4D0F-B5F5-E82E4869C01D.jpeg

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Don’t suppose one of you wants to PM message with a synopsis of the smut that has been edited out from the thread?

I love smut. 

I love Bristol City. 

So to miss out on Bristol City smut is completely heart wrenching. 

Did you miss it? Really?

Was very illuminating. :yes:

Might explain a great deal.....

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I think you're wrong. IMV he is not in this for a return on his investment but wants to create a sporting legacy in Bristol that will live on beyond him.

The trouble is, his vision of a sporting empire involves things being created along much more corporate lines than any of us normal people would like, hence some of the crazy sackings and hirings when taken at face value. I suspect that in the murky management world they make perfect sense.

In the words of the great John Lydon, I maybe wrong, I maybe right.

All I do know is that when the 3 kiddos stand in front of their plaque on the statue to the truly great John - and when the likes of the Ls and As have long gone and I’m dust in an urn - they’ll say to themselves “Christ our old dad. Didn’t he ever go on”.

:)

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Don’t suppose one of you wants to PM message with a synopsis of the smut that has been edited out from the thread?

I love smut. 

I love Bristol City. 

So to miss out on Bristol City smut is completely heart wrenching. 

Work it out!

What a lovely pearl necklace this is!

Image result for pearl necklace innuendo

Re : Mr Ashton. 

I hate to say I told you so! 

Been warning you all for years that he’s a problem. Those Watford tales should be taken heed of. 

Quite how Lansdown got a glowing reference from his previous employers I’ll never know! 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

He was. And yes it is true, friend of a friend info. I guess someone from BS will be taking over his position, but if the job was made redundant they can’t can they, not in the exact same role?

Simply re-badge it, done all the time.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Isn’t Pete Smith an old school or Uni friend of JL? 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s Kevin Smith. He was very poor. Didn’t last long.

Cyder is right Phileas. 

It’s Pete Smith who is still there and is JL’s bestie. 

Kevin Smith was just some overweight no mark who did eff all down there as well, before he left after they’d found out he did eff all of any use. 

I don't really understand the outrage. All modern companies are ran like this nowadays. The club has absolutely no obligation to show sentiment and if they think they can save money by making Adams position vacant they have every right to do so. It happens in every walk of life, Adam may find another wonderful opportunity off the back of this, good luck to him.

6 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

I don't really understand the outrage. All modern companies are ran like this nowadays. The club has absolutely no obligation to show sentiment and if they think they can save money by making Adams position vacant they have every right to do so. It happens in every walk of life, Adam may find another wonderful opportunity off the back of this, good luck to him.

I'd hope that BCFC was more than a 'company'.  Obviously you're happy with supporting a 'company' rather than a 'club'.

Anyway I'm off to get my Glaxosmithkline scarf and watch their live shareprice...  Come on the GSKs!

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I'd hope that BCFC was more than a 'company'.  Obviously you're happy with supporting a 'company' rather than a 'club'.

Was about to say much the same- all very well for businesses and though clubs are businesses too in many ways, it's good to keep some roots, some of the pre Bristol sport in good positions.

No real reason to get rid either- he's good at his job!

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Re : Mr Ashton. 

I hate to say I told you so! 

Been warning you all for years that he’s a problem. Those Watford tales should be taken heed of. 

Quite how Lansdown got a glowing reference from his previous employers I’ll never know! 

A lot of us were wary of him from the very beginning…

5 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Lisa Knights went to a BBQ. 

Adam cooked some sausages.

So did Tim S.

So did MA.

She didn't like Tim's or Adam's but she hoovered up Mark Ashton's sausages like no tomorrow.

Please note: I can neither confirm nor deny this took place. Though, I'm sure Lisa has been to a few BBQs in her time...

Tesco's caramelised onion, too! :whistle:

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just lock it/Close it

I agree the silliness is unnecessary and I’m surprised people are persisting after it was already locked once - but the sensible posts are worth keeping.

20 years of service from Adam B so it would be a shame if this thread just drops off the first page within hours and gets forgotten about. People should know about this.

Archived