IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, tts_city said:

If thats true its an utterly disgraceful way to treat an employee with 20 years experience in your firm, i bet moral is lower than shark shit for those left behind after a stunt like that. good luck Adam your to good for that lot.

The three words I've highlighted are critical. 

And if it's true we don't really know the reason behind it. 

I realise that this post doesn't fit with the "Mark Ashton is the Devil incarnate" agenda of some, but I prefer to look before I leap - and that applies to conclusions too.

16 minutes ago, tts_city said:

If thats true its an utterly disgraceful way to treat an employee with 20 years experience in your firm, i bet moral is lower than shark shit for those left behind after a stunt like that. good luck Adam your to good for that lot.

It’s been coming. Cotts’ departure was known by everyone but the man but himself before the suits let him know. Less than a year after our first league trophy in 60 years.

Million points for the sleuth who can work out the deadly duo behind that departure too.

4 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

It’s been coming. Cotts’ departure was known by everyone but the man but himself before the suits let him know. Less than a year after our first league trophy in 60 years.

Million points for the sleuth who can work out the deadly duo behind that departure too.

Only BCFC  would get rid of employees doing a good job and keep hold of the ones not.

4 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Indeed sir. Although it wasn’t ‘officially’ announced that Ashton was here until 16th January 2016, 2 days after Cotterill was sacked, Ashton had actually been here since before Xmas 2015. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Indeed sir. Although it wasn’t ‘officially’ announced that Ashton was here until 16th January 2016, 2 days after Cotterill was sacked, Ashton had actually been here since before Xmas 2015. 

Do you know whether Ashton had a hand in the summer 2015 recruitment? 

All those deals that fell threw.. or was that just Pelling etc

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That was Pelling offering players less than what Cotterill said he was happy to pay. And some of the players “hearing bad things” about Cotts. 

49 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I'd hope that BCFC was more than a 'company'.  Obviously you're happy with supporting a 'company' rather than a 'club'.

Anyway I'm off to get my Glaxosmithkline scarf and watch their live shareprice...  Come on the GSKs!

I'm so sorry to beak it to you, but yes, Bristol City FC is a company that has revenue targets and shareholders to please. We are customers. 

54 minutes ago, westred1 said:

41 minutes ago, tts_city said:

35 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Really hope that's not true. Complete ***** if true.  No way to treat such a long time employee.  Hope they've got all their legal bases covered on this one because I'd be ******* fuming!

I can believe it, but it may not be the outrage that some assume. When I lost my previous job I was offered a settlement agreement.  It took a few days to finalise, not least because I needed legal advice (which they paid for).  During that time, I wasn't allowed to contact any colleagues or clients, otherwise the offer would no longer stand.  No idea if Adam's in a similar situation, but sometimes there are good reasons for restrictions that, when taken out of context, look bad

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

As far as I can recall Pelling got hooked for that mess.

Between the Watford evidence, our awful recruitment record since Ashton rejoined, noting McInnes in 2013 as further evidence, and now this of course being true.

How does it make sense to sack the head of media and communication with the social media growth of club accounts this year between the cup run, and especially the GIFs.

40831432_TwitterStatistics.PNG.5f464e314129a0765a321a0a7658d2fd.PNG

We've seen a 65% increase in our social media followings since the start of the season, up 27% before the games against Man Utd or Man City.

To sack your head of media on that evidence is like sacking our academy coaches when we've had Bryan, Morrell, Kelly, and McCoulsky as a few examples make good strides in their development.

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Factually incorrect.

Mark Ashton has big questions to answer but please let's not start making things up. I'm on about his start date.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

He was. And yes it is true, friend of a friend info. I guess someone from BS will be taking over his position, but if the job was made redundant they can’t can they, not in the exact same role?

4 hours ago, Club and Country said:

In my line of work no, not for at least 6 months i think it is...presume that is the standard law/rule

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They just need to tweak the job description and give it a new job title - happens all the time...

Sorry if this has all been addressed elsewhere - by the time I came across the thread again I couldn't be bothered to go through it til the end to be fair!!

If Adam was employed by BCFC on a BCFC contract, then there's a possibility that Bristol Sport can bring someone in with a slightly different  job title under a BS contract....

It does happen all the time, and is a way of getting rid of people you no longer want around (sometimes). For example my job (Site Manager) was rebranded from Caretaker. 

The previous chap was suspended (long story), and I took over from him as a temp/relief. 18 months later, he was cleared, but they never wanted him back over me. The Caretaker was made redundant, and Site Manager was put in place. Same job different title essentially, although I do more than that lazy sod ever did!!!

Good luck Adam, nice to see loyalty being rewarded!

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Sorry if this has all been addressed elsewhere - by the time I came across the thread again I couldn't be bothered to go through it til the end to be fair!!

If Adam was employed by BCFC on a BCFC contract, then there's a possibility that Bristol Sport can bring someone in with a slightly different  job title under a BS contract....

It does happen all the time, and is a way of getting rid of people you no longer want around (sometimes). For example my job (Site Manager) was rebranded from Caretaker. 

The previous chap was suspended (long story), and I took over from him as a temp/relief. 18 months later, he was cleared, but they never wanted him back over me. The Caretaker was made redundant, and Site Manager was put in place. Same job different title essentially, although I do more than that lazy sod ever did!!!

Good luck Adam, nice to see loyalty being rewarded!

Knights is the Head of Communications for BS.  The individual club (footie, rugby, basketball etc) media teams report into her.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. Was due to be announced on the Wednesday from memory, held back (can’t imagine why) and then coincidentally he appeared Monday!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Knights is the Head of Communications for BS.  The individual club (footie, rugby, basketball etc) media teams report into her.

And as is the case in a hell of a lot of companies, there's a good chance those 'below' her were just as competent (or more) than the line manager.

11 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

And as is the case in a hell of a lot of companies, there's a good chance those 'below' her were just as competent (or more) than the line manager.

Indeed, indeed.

9 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Is it true she won a bronze medal at the common wealth games? 

What event? 

Summit javelin? 

High jump seems apt? 

Waterpolo

5 pages on and no clearer to know if true or not, just pages of wild speculation. The truth as fans is we only get a tiny snap shot of what goes on at the club and whilst I agree it would be a shame if AB is leaving, its very difficult to be so judgmental without the whole story, which we are very unlikely to ever find out due to the confidentiality agreement that will no doubt be agreed upon. 

Some of the MA stories do seem a bit worrying, and these type of people do surround themselves with their own appointed close allies, to cover their ass. 

Archived