IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

4 hours ago, bris red said:

People saying the club is rotten to the core, people saying the club isn’t the same club they supported and its changed etc etc. The question is, the million dollar question is will you people stay away? Will you vote with your feet? I highly doubt it would be my answer and BS know this, they will just keep chipping away and slowly eradicating everything we have enjoyed at BCFC.. so long as the customers keep rolling in an attendances  stay at a healthy 20 k plus they dont give a **** about you.. me, im pretty done with this current set up, still a frequent poster on here but me and a few people i know that have been avid followers of this club have and will continue to vote with out feet until this ‘rotten core’ that people speak of is cut out.. A good start would be with sending that *** Mark Ashton packing down the road  :yes:

Lets face it bris red.

If we had a clear direction that matches our so called 'project's philosophy, and the people leading the club come out to give their view of what they're trying to achieve, showed that they're learning - it gives me a reason to stay, I'll support them through thick and thin.

• We haven't heard from our CEO, Directors, or wither Chairmen, with the exception of a short statement by SL
  • FAN meetings have gone.
  • We've raised ticket prices substantially, when everyone would of found a progression or staggered approach much more fair.
  • Awful recruitment by the foremost member listed.
  • Player's not caring towards the end of the season, Vegas in mind.
  • No real sense of team spirit and togetherness (2nd half at least).

Voted with my feet at HT vs Sheff Utd, and had a very nice time in a beer garden.
If the club don't sort it out this summer after what they've managed to ruin, especially with the ST fiasco?
Will probably do so again. This is looking less like the club I knew by the day.

4 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I was told by someone in the know that GON is our top earner on 25k a week and Bobby is on 3k a week. 

There was a comment allegedly by Pack’s Father stating we had offered GON £18k a week wasn’t there? I’m pretty sure Pack was in negotiations at the time and had been offered far less

14 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Our football club is rotten at the core. 

I know you, I like you & I respect the effort & work that you put into things, but that is a very provocative (and opinionated) statement that needs a lot more added to it. 

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

How bad must it be for you to say that Dolly - and I mean that in the nicest possible way as my take on you is a positive person only wanting to see the good not the bad which is an attribute very few of us have.

There is a real fundamental issue which some of us with a voice are not afraid to express and haven't been for quite a while.

And here is the crux of it - the club is owned not by somebody who many would like to believe owns the club because he "loves" Bristol City and has built "us" a stadium.

The owner has bought himself a piece of land at a price way below the  value as stated in its accounts at the time. Then built a stadium on that land. And now rents it out to our football club at a rate designed to yield his stadium company a reasonable return. With a little bit of financial re-engineering in between.

It's an outcome which has been happening by stealth for years but not many could see it.

And now our football club is no longer our football club because, as I have said so many times before, the 25% rule made in 1982 for exceedingly good reasons, was removed, in a process that only the person behind it really realised what was happening.

Correct Nick.

And don't forget all that lovely land at AV just waiting for better transport and a nice rezoning.

By using pocket change, Bristol Sport are an attractive 3 team (not including ladies sport which as yet is not a profit making concern) package in a new stadium with option to expand same stadia.

With a nice new arena on its way.

Top that up with a new station and some nice housing and a consortium will pay a fortune for a ready made empire.

Again - PERSPECTIVE - all done on less than 1 years ROI on SL's wealth.

Basically pocket change.

It would not surprise me if this is not the beginning of the end of the Lansdown Family involvement, and "The Project" will be for sale within the next 3-5 years.

3 teams.

1 stadium with room to expand

Lots of Prime land to rezone

Weddings, Parties, anything.

And it all belongs to the Lansdown Family now.

Beanhead was just another casualty in the growth of the family plaything. Yes men only need apply.

Then you might stay on when the shiny brochures come out, advertising this amazing investment package in South Bristol.

We all had better hope City are in the Prem by then, not L1....................

5 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Exactly. It makes you wonder how much SL is at arms' length and being dictated to by his men on the ground...

I don't claim to know the ins and outs of the law, but that is exactly what happened.

Do we know it was an official redundancy? Or was this a case of here is a bag of money now go away or we will make you redundant for pennies....And by the way here is the gag that goes with the pay off!

8 hours ago, Fuber said:

Think there seriously needs to be questions asked. Think we should return to the DoF model we had under Cotts. Bar one transfer window that was the single best period we've had as a club in the past 10 years relating to player recruitment and feel good factor.

Struggling to see what Keith Burt did wrong to be honest. A good chief scout who was head of negotiations and signed many of the squad who are helping us challenge play-offs now whose last signing netted us a kitty of £15m.

Always liked Keith Burt, his record seems to stand for itself as you say. I don't think he did anything wrong; simply his position became untenable, just like Steve Cotterill's, when Ashton walked through the door. Pemberton was also a face that did not fit, he just had to agree to hang around while the LJ severance with Barnsley was worked out. The whole structure from League 1 was torn up, for better or for worse.

As for Adam Baker...

Perhaps MA fired Adam Baker because he knows he is next in a 'I am taking you down before I go' child like manoeuvre; Perhaps Adam negotiated a redundancy package because he knows Ashton is leaving and can see the support for his role evaporate; Perhaps Adam will go to another club to work again alongside Ashton; Perhaps Adam has simply got tired of 'New' BCFC and wants to travel the world. Perhaps none of the above are true. Until we know its all theory and guesswork.

What we can all agree on is he was very well liked, must have done a first rate job to last this long and will be missed by a lot of fans BCFC employees, of that we should all have no doubt.

6 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

..I manage a sales team for a global financial powerhouse....someone in my team has been with the business as a sales consultant for 30 years has outstanding relationships but is totally one dimensional not consultative and cannot do much more than take people for lunch and a drink...he gets business in but if he was consultative he could get more...his approach was exactly how it should have been 10/15/20years ago but is archaic now, dynamics of a business and industry move with the times...it’s no longer about relationships and being a good guy it is about making profit on every pound you put on the books....upshot is ultimately the shelf life is not long for him

Clearly every business is different then; It is all about relationships in my industry and that is still the norm in the vast majority of businesses. 

6 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

It's not really Bristol city per sè it's just football in general but city is/was my team. I just can't get on-board with this namby pamby hospitality nonsense and wine sold at half time in the kiosks. Not for me anymore. If either of my kids get into footy it will be bath city for us although not even non league is safe, just look at Salford. 

I might venture down the gate again once LJ buggers off but unless someone comes calling then I'll be looking at a cut price oap ticket by the time he's gone I expect....

Get a lot of this ... just feels like league football has changed from what I knew it to be (may be that it had to, but still don't like it).

Didn't renew my season ticket last year and even with the great start to the season I didn't miss it as much as I thought ... only went to the Hull game all season, because I had promised my youngest we would go to one game.

I now feel I would only be a customer rather than a supporter, which was emphasised by a number of issues I had with the club over a couple of years .. as a customer I can spend a lot less on other pursuits.

If my lad want's to see a game, will take him to Chippenham Town now, with maybe an occasional trip to AG.

Even typing this makes me feel sad as Bristol City FC will always be my club, but just not in the same way as it was ...  maybe that is my problem, but when people like Big Red Rich who has supported the club Home & Away for years also backs away then it is not just me.

As always COYR, but just from further away.

PGR

21 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Spot on.

It’s a very rich man’s play thing.

Nothing more, nothing less.

All Lansdown wants is a return on an investment. Be that something that sweats away and generates cash, makes a loss that can be used as a tax deductible allowance elsewhere or secured on an asset that then sees a massive growth in value 

Did he ever want to move to Ashton Vale or was that just smoke and mirrors to flush out objections to get a much more valuable consent for him, Jon or grandson?

If only Lansdown was Russian. Or from the Middle East. Or Far East. Or American. Or wanted us to play in blue.

**** me there’d be an outcry.

But instead he’s one of our own. And we must all bow down, take it and be grateful.....

:clap:Emperors New Clothes Al

Terrible shame he lost his job . Helped me out a couple of times in the past . Got my son a signed photo from Tammy for his birthday. Which takes pride in his bedroom. Unbelievable gesture . Can’t see the new person doing this . 

So we have lost another popular figure at the football club . It looks like we will be selling our best players. (Bristolians) . We have a manager who splits the fan base . We have people at Bristol sports and city who are not popular with the fans. And I don’t think we know the half of it . 

IF we are in a relegation battle next season I expect a very toxic atmosphere.

#Bringbackthebeanhead

9 hours ago, reddoh said:

work in peace not harsh at all hoping he finds another job where dick heads aren't in charge tall order I know.

Thats why I was self employed and even at 67 still work for myself, couldnt do with the BShi**ing ba***rds in corporate firms I worked for in my 20's

@Badger

Dear Mrs L

As you will have read 

There is unanimous support and appreciation of Adam Baker and the work he has done for the Club , paid and unpaid over nearly 20 years

Would it be possible for Steve to reflect on this and what part people like Adam , played or used to play in the heart of our football Club (And I use ‘our’ in emotional terms not financial) , and possibly consider revisiting the decision.

We , I would respectfully suggest , as a fan base would appreciate this , and see some reconsideration at least , as some evidence that the heart of the club , and the supporters views can have some relevance on some occasions

(I say this as somebody who has supported the Club from Carlisle to Gillingham , Grimsby to Wrexham , did  hundreds of hours of unpaid work for the Club in the past and who helped out financially in a small way, as many did when we nearly lost our club in 1982)

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Bob

Up the Manor Farm imo :fear:

If the alleged rumours are true I won't be back at AG til MA is gone. Arrivederci.

Hope the Premier League tastes sweet for all the faceless born to rule Bristol Sport employees who only give a shit about mingling with the superior corporate class. Enjoy it lads, we'll still be here when you retire. Gonna have a break from everything City related, including OTIB. I'll leave yous with the lyrics to Dogs by Pink Floyd.

And after a while, you can work on points for style
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in
You gotta keep one eye looking over your shoulder
You know it's going to get harder, and harder, and harder as you get older
And in the end you'll pack up and fly down south
Hide your head in the sand,
Just another sad old man
All alone and dying of cancer

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

If the alleged rumours are true I won't be back at AG til MA is gone. Arrivederci.

Hope the Premier League tastes sweet for all the faceless born to rule Bristol Sport employees who only give a shit about mingling with the superior corporate class. Enjoy it lads, we'll still be here when you retire. Gonna have a break from everything City related, including OTIB. I'll leave yous with the lyrics to Dogs by Pink Floyd.

Just another sad old man

I'll miss your posts if you do mate.

It's our club, not theirs, and it always will be.

19 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Just another sad old man

I'm out as well. From OTIB and Bristol Sport.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Terrible shame he lost his job . Helped me out a couple of times in the past . Got my son a signed photo from Tammy for his birthday. Which takes pride in his bedroom. Unbelievable gesture . Can’t see the new person doing this . 

So we have lost another popular figure at the football club . It looks like we will be selling our best players. (Bristolians) . We have a manager who splits the fan base . We have people at Bristol sports and city who are not popular with the fans. And I don’t think we know the half of it . 

IF we are in a relegation battle next season I expect a very toxic atmosphere.

#Bringbackthebeanhead

when

45 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Gonna have a break from everything City related, including OTIB.

26 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I'm out as well. From OTIB and Bristol Sport.

The occasional 24 hour break from OTIB is just about acceptable - see you tomorrow lads! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Just another sad old man

Lee Lashenko’s Threshing Machine

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@Badger

Dear Mrs L

As you will have read 

There is unanimous support and appreciation of Adam Baker and the work he has done for the Club , paid and unpaid over nearly 20 years

Would it be possible for Steve to reflect on this and what part people like Adam , played or used to play in the heart of our football Club (And I use ‘our’ in emotional terms not financial) , and possibly consider revisiting the decision.

We , I would respectfully suggest , as a fan base would appreciate this , and see some reconsideration at least , as some evidence that the heart of the club , and the supporters views can have some relevance on some occasions

(I say this as somebody who has supported the Club from Carlisle to Gillingham , Grimsby to Wrexham , did  hundreds of hours of unpaid work for the Club in the past and who helped out financially in a small way, as many did when we nearly lost our club in 1982)

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Bob

My Dear Bob

Thank you so much for your note. So eloquently written. Mr L and I so enjoyed reading it as we enjoyed our sun downer on the terrace in our tax haven.

You see the thing is I’m not like Marina. Mr L, myself, Junior, our grandson and the rest of us at Pula Sport frankly don’t give a shit.

We don’t give a shit about where you’ve traveled in the past. We’re looking to the future.

We don’t give a flying **** that you say you’ve worked for the club for nothing in the past. We’re looking to the future.

And as for helping out financially well ******* hell. You ought to see our balance sheet. Only you can’t as it’s so well hidden behind holding companies you’ll never get to the bottom of it.

Hope you didn’t lose too much on any shares you might have bought. 

What all of us at Pula and Bristol Sport would really like is if you and your friends who claim to be true supporters of our club - as that is what it now is - could just **** off and leave us to follow our strategy.

You know the one don’t you Robert. The one that sees us move disabled fans and families so we can put in more Corporate boxes and seats. You ought to come along and try it. You’d be very welcome. You might even get to meet Ms K or another female hostess.

You see what we really want to make Bristol feel is anything but Proud. What we want is to swallow up anything of any real financial value in BS3. 

We’ve done well getting our hands on Ashton Gate and Ashton Vale. Our friend Mark has managed to get his hands on something he wanted too, but I can’t tell you any more about that.

See Bob things aren’t what they used to be. Times change. We’re in it now for what we can get. All we can get. 

Anyway thanks for taking the time and trouble to put pen to paper.

All the best.

Mrs L

2 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Thats why I was self employed and even at 67 still work for myself, couldnt do with the BShi**ing ba***rds in corporate firms I worked for in my 20's

Me too.  I grew out of love of being a permie, slogging my guts for a better performance rating that constitutes 0.5% more of a pay rise.  I realised the place to be was just near the bottom of the middle Rating bracket.  Not low enough to warrant getting no bonus or payrise, but just above the line where your performance gets debated.

However, my own pride and diligence stopped me doing it, so after 28 years I resigned.  No redundancy pay-off, bye to my final salary pension (albeit not the final salary I signed up to...a frozen amount that I could only build 60ths towards).

I now do exactly the same work for a different Bank, as a contractor, with none of the Corporate bollox to worry about.  I will probably go back to my old Bank at some point and just "smile and invoice".  There’s a lot to be said for it!

10 hours ago, SX227 said:

Correct Nick.

And don't forget all that lovely land at AV just waiting for better transport and a nice rezoning.

By using pocket change, Bristol Sport are an attractive 3 team (not including ladies sport which as yet is not a profit making concern) package in a new stadium with option to expand same stadia.

With a nice new arena on its way.

Top that up with a new station and some nice housing and a consortium will pay a fortune for a ready made empire.

Again - PERSPECTIVE - all done on less than 1 years ROI on SL's wealth.

Basically pocket change.

It would not surprise me if this is not the beginning of the end of the Lansdown Family involvement, and "The Project" will be for sale within the next 3-5 years.

3 teams.

1 stadium with room to expand

Lots of Prime land to rezone

Weddings, Parties, anything.

And it all belongs to the Lansdown Family now.

Beanhead was just another casualty in the growth of the family plaything. Yes men only need apply.

Then you might stay on when the shiny brochures come out, advertising this amazing investment package in South Bristol.

We all had better hope City are in the Prem by then, not L1....................

I would say you have added perfectly to my analysis of what has happened, with a prediction of what is about to happen.

There is no other plausible explanation for the financial re-engineering.

13 hours ago, Olé said:

I've said my piece on Adam in the other thread so this is just a minor clarification, but adding to the detail @Red-Robbo has shared about the practicalities of handling redundancy, as someone who has had to make people redundant, especially when  knowing they have family, can we just lose the idea anyone does it with any relish, it is a horrific experience, I've lost more sleep over it than potential bankruptcy or losing my own job. It is literally soul destroying.

Business isn't easy. If it was, I suspect a lot less people would drink. This certainly is not a defence of City. I happen to think Mark Ashton is a total waste of money, per all hia spin and the poor return return from recruitment, and I do think Adam has been treated with absolutely zero class, ANY 17 year employee of the club deserves better, but the one thing I won't accuse the club of is any relish or satisfaction in Adam losing his job.

Great post, Rob.

For me as well, having to tell someone they didn't have a job was the hardest thing I've ever done.  Like ever.

Being as oblique as possible, it had to happen because the fella couldn't fulfil the role we were asking of him, but nonetheless you think about his kids, his mortgage etc. You feel guilty.

Information I've got from someone I trust has the inside track on this suggests the club handled this very badly.

Sometimes I think they have more to learn off the pitch than on it!

What a complete joke, Ive only just logged on after a busy week and at a loos to see why this has happened. Can anybody summarise whats happened so I don't have to go back through a lot of threads and rumours please?

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Surely the club can give a statement on this . The least he deserves. Or doesn’t anyone know how to do it now 

What is going on at our football club 

They do, but Adam signs them off....ah, damn, didn’t think of that. :whistle:

Archived