IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

11 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Do we know it was an official redundancy? Or was this a case of here is a bag of money now go away or we will make you redundant for pennies....And by the way here is the gag that goes with the pay off!

That's exactly the case, and apparently they don't even have anyone to replace him - position will be advertised.

Has anyone else heard that Bristol Sport will cease to be a company in the near future and will simply be a brand?

I admire the loyalty to Adam being shown on this thread, but it really is in stark contrast to the attitudes towards the players and coaching staff during the season when it appears that anyone is regarded as expendable unless they are giving at least 9/10 every week.  People need to decide what they want.  I’ve talked about loyalty a few times this winter and usually been shot down in flames as soft or out of touch.  I don’t know why Adam is going, if he is, but if he is then I assume there is a valid reason for it.  I know very little about Mark Ashton, so I have no way of judging his involvement in this matter.  However, like Rob F in another post, I’ve been involved in redundancy cases for decades (both as a manager and as a trade union rep) and there is no perfect way to handle them.

So, would it be correct to sum up thus:

We have moved on a bloke that knew Bristol City and its history and players inside out, but was not so savvy about social media and all that; and that we'll be bringing in a bloke/bird that knows social media and all that but not so much Bristol City and its history/wouldn't know Tom Ritchie/Bob Taylor/Scott Murray from, er, Adam? 

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I admire the loyalty to Adam being shown on this thread, but it really is in stark contrast to the attitudes towards the players and coaching staff during the season when it appears that anyone is regarded as expendable unless they are giving at least 9/10 every week.  People need to decide what they want.  I’ve talked about loyalty a few times this winter and usually been shot down in flames as soft or out of touch.  I don’t know why Adam is going, if he is, but if he is then I assume there is a valid reason for it.  I know very little about Mark Ashton, so I have no way of judging his involvement in this matter.  However, like Rob F in another post, I’ve been involved in redundancy cases for decades (both as a manager and as a trade union rep) and there is no perfect way to handle them.

What union you with?

42 minutes ago, M.D said:

What a complete joke, Ive only just.. 'logged on' ..after a busy week and .. 'at'a loos' ..to see why this has happened. Can anybody summarise whats happened so I don't have to go back through a lot of threads and rumours please?

...who pulled your chain?... finish what you're doing first, flush, and don't forget to wash your hands before coming back here. :punish:

9 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

...who pulled your chain?... finish what you're doing first, flush, and don't forget to wash your hands before coming back here. :punish:

Well, it was needed, unlike your reply but thanks for the hygiene tips...

33 minutes ago, M.D said:

Well, it was needed, unlike your reply but thanks for the hygiene tips...

Only jokin, on a boring non City day...

Takes my mind off the nervous excitement leading up to tonight's Euro Song Contest... how is everyone else coping with the anticipation? 

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Only jokin, on a boring non City day...

Takes my mind off the nervous excitement leading up to tonight's Euro Song Contest... how is everyone else coping with the anticipation? 

No worries, took it as humour.. Going to give the Euro song contest a miss myself, will watch the speedway GP instead..

6 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Up the Manor Farm imo :fear:

If the alleged rumours are true I won't be back at AG til MA is gone. Arrivederci.

Hope the Premier League tastes sweet for all the faceless born to rule Bristol Sport employees who only give a shit about mingling with the superior corporate class. Enjoy it lads, we'll still be here when you retire. Gonna have a break from everything City related, including OTIB. I'll leave yous with the lyrics to Dogs by Pink Floyd.

And after a while, you can work on points for style
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in
You gotta keep one eye looking over your shoulder
You know it's going to get harder, and harder, and harder as you get older
And in the end you'll pack up and fly down south
Hide your head in the sand,
Just another sad old man
All alone and dying of cancer

"You've got to be crazy" or it would have been if it didn't go to the "Dogs"

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Up the Manor Farm imo :fear:

If the alleged rumours are true I won't be back at AG til MA is gone. Arrivederci.

Hope the Premier League tastes sweet for all the faceless born to rule Bristol Sport employees who only give a shit about mingling with the superior corporate class. Enjoy it lads, we'll still be here when you retire. Gonna have a break from everything City related, including OTIB. I'll leave yous with the lyrics to Dogs by Pink Floyd.

And after a while, you can work on points for style
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in
You gotta keep one eye looking over your shoulder
You know it's going to get harder, and harder, and harder as you get older
And in the end you'll pack up and fly down south
Hide your head in the sand,
Just another sad old man
All alone and dying of cancer

18 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

In which case BCFC could be taken to an Employment Tribunal.

Five possibilities:

A_ He'd known the day was coming as he'd been notified but chose not to speak about it. The chain of command chose to rather abruptly curtail his last day however.

B: He's taking his accrued holiday in lieu of the statutory notice period.

C: They gave him notice of redundancy and he decided too walk out - possibly leaving a choice expletive ringing in their ears.

D: He's been fired for something we don't know about.

E: The sudden 4:30 bombshell scenario never happened.

I'm a bit late returning to this thread, but there is a sixth possibility - a settlement agreement.  This is what I wrote in an earlier post, explaining why he might not have been allowed to talk to colleagues

"I can believe it, but it may not be the outrage that some assume. When I lost my previous job I was offered a settlement agreement.  It took a few days to finalise, not least because I needed legal advice (which they paid for).  During that time, I wasn't allowed to contact any colleagues or clients, otherwise the offer would no longer stand.  No idea if Adam's in a similar situation, but sometimes there are good reasons for restrictions that, when taken out of context, look bad"

A settlement agreement is one of the least bad ways for an employer and employee to part company.  It usually pays more than statutory redundancy, and gets things over quickly.  It's a civilised way of dealing with a bad situation.

2 minutes ago, red panda said:

I'm a bit late returning to this thread, but there is a sixth possibility - a settlement agreement.  This is what I wrote in an earlier post, explaining why he might not have been allowed to talk to colleagues

"I can believe it, but it may not be the outrage that some assume. When I lost my previous job I was offered a settlement agreement.  It took a few days to finalise, not least because I needed legal advice (which they paid for).  During that time, I wasn't allowed to contact any colleagues or clients, otherwise the offer would no longer stand.  No idea if Adam's in a similar situation, but sometimes there are good reasons for restrictions that, when taken out of context, look bad"

A settlement agreement is one of the least bad ways for an employer and employee to part company.  It usually pays more than statutory redundancy, and gets things over quickly.  It's a civilised way of dealing with a bad situation.

So you ducked up but had dirt :worship2:

8 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Thats why I was self employed and even at 67 still work for myself, couldnt do with the BShi**ing ba***rds in corporate firms I worked for in my 20's

A year younger but yep we are the same, still work for myself despite the taxman

Picked up a guy from the media department in the week from Temple Meads and drove him to Ashton Gate, he was hungover from the club night out and said that Adam was his boss.

Wouldn’t look like anyone knew this was on the cards if they were all out on the P*ss together then within days he’s been made redundant.

1 hour ago, red panda said:

Exactly what happened to my better half. It happens a lot more often than people think and, as you say, is the `least bad` way of dealing with it - although in Mrs RRH`s case she was upset for about half an hour until she realised how much dosh she was going to get for leaving a job she was getting bored with anyway. If the same has happened to AB he could be walking away with the best part of a year or eighteen months` worth of wages in his pocket since he`s been there 20+ years.

Let`s face it, for a bloke who`s as good at his job as him, he`ll walk into another similar role pretty quick I should think if he wants to.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Pity they blew the chances of reaching the playoffs this season.

3rd with 3-4 games left.

Still, a cracking first season up.

Next year could be a very big year for the club. 

They have the players for play play offs add a couple more quality players and they could aim for the title

41 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Next year could be a very big year for the club. 

They have the players for play play offs add a couple more quality players and they could aim for the title

Amazing really, a lot of the players there are the same ones that finished 4th in the division below (then winning the title in 16/17)

22 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Apologies if I am jumping the gun and not reading the thread in full but I'm busy...

...You talk about people blaming Lee Johnson for Baker's departure. Right.

I made a post which Robbored confused with 'LJ' when I made a theoretical reference to 'JL' having a role.

If that's a post to which you were referring... News for you! 'JL' stands for Jon Lansdown! Highly unlikely Johnson would have a direct role. Jon Lansdown though...

Yes I get the JL thing the LJ and even the SL, but no I was being scathing about the whole stupid thread and the reactions of grown men (I assume) in agonising about his departure, even the head honcho thingy Dolls calling the Club 'Rotten to the Core' because he has gone, possibly with a good pay off too. Seems like some on here are so fed up with everything City they go off on one at the merest thing. Perhaps Dolly has filled in the dots, perhaps there has been a full and frank disclosure about his departure from the Board, whilst I have been clearing out the Garage, your not the only too busy to read everything you know.:yes: 

6 hours ago, Coach said:

That's exactly the case, and apparently they don't even have anyone to replace him - position will be advertised.

Has anyone else heard that Bristol Sport will cease to be a company in the near future and will simply be a brand?

BS and AG Ltd merging so to speak.. 

Archived