IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A key problem with Jon Lansdown.

In 2011, after we beat Hull and Steve Lansdown moved to Guernsey-  he stood down as Chairman.

By dint of that alone, Jon Lansdown took a more hands on role, surely. If we recall- and it was frankly an unenvious task for anyone given we were on a downward trajectory, managers getting hired and fired, players on long contracts. However we went in quick time from bottom half Championship and didn't just get relegated- not unexpected- but plummeted to the bottom of League One. His time with a greater influence during that period is far from filling me with confidence about his abilities.

Wasn't the mumbling maestro more to blame for that, than someone who was Deputy Chairman?? 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He's been quite high up in the club though, since SL took a backseat.

March 2011 he became an ED, he became MD in November 2011 according to his LinkedIn).

but not in charge of decision making, Doug Harmon and Keith Dawe are equally culpable but never receive any flack as they don't put their head above the parapit 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

My worry is the beneficiaries of nepotism might seek to put their mark on things, for the sake of putting their mark on things. 

That’s a lot of seats and pillars to piss up against, would take ages.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

but not in charge of decision making, Doug Harmon and Keith Dawe are equally culpable but never receive any flack as they don't put their head above the parapit 

A lot of blame to go around for that period- but didn't Sexstone leave around 6 years ago?

I remember JL fronting up after both the departures of McInnes and O'Driscoll. No doubt, even if not reflected fully in his title he had a big say IMO.

A lot of blame to go around for that period- but didn't Sexstone leave around 6 years ago?

I remember JL fronting up after both the departures of McInnes and O'Driscoll. No doubt, even if not reflected fully in his title he had a big say IMO.

Sexstone was chairman untl May 2012 when Keith Dawe took over,

Keith Dawe has been chairman since

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

TBF the majority of posters on here - myself included - were excited by the arrival of those two. 

I now temper my enthusiasm by regarding incoming managers as "shit until proven otherwise" :laughcont:

If Dawe was the Chairman- which he was- why was Jon Lansdown the face of the club in these matters?

Still think he had a hefty influence personally, but job titles say otherwise I guess.

because like I said, nether Dawe or Harmon will put their head above the parapit, 

What’s the craic with this? Still nothing official and Adam has been tweeting over the weekend re the Bristol 10K.

Obviously this means nothing but surprised we haven’t heard anything yet considering the Hoo Har there’s been on here....

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If Dawe was the Chairman- which he was- why was Jon Lansdown the face of the club in these matters?

Still think he had a hefty influence personally, but job titles say otherwise I guess.

I think Keith was once reported as saying that communicating with the fans was not part of his role.

59 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

What’s the craic with this? Still nothing official and Adam has been tweeting over the weekend re the Bristol 10K.

Obviously this means nothing but surprised we haven’t heard anything yet considering the Hoo Har there’s been on here....

Pretty sure either Matt P or Adam could've simply confirmed on here that it wasn't true, if it wasn't....

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Who authorised this total whitewashing of the truth?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/201718-season-review-february-may/

Spin spin spin results seem to be secondary in this bizarre world

Thanks for drawing that to my attention...laughed out loud! Good grief, are we taken for idiots? (the answer being yes...)

'it was all smiles at full-time when City completed their end-of-season lap of appreciation as Ashton Gate basked in Spring sunshine.'

:rofl2br:

As I recall we were played off the park and 3 down at half time...and lost! Again!

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

Thanks for drawing that to my attention...laughed out loud! Good grief, are we taken for idiots? (the answer being yes...)

'it was all smiles at full-time when City completed their end-of-season lap of appreciation as Ashton Gate basked in Spring sunshine.'

As I recall we were played off the park and 3 down at half time...and lost! Again!

Yep. And a (nearly) empty stadium greeted the players. Those staying behind figuring they might as well to let the traffic subside. 

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

It works for Donald Trump, so yes - people can be fed idiotic falsehoods. 

• Admin

Blimey, I bugger off to the Spanish GP ( and try to avoid the internet ) and come back to catch up on this.  No idea about why ‘they’ might have wanted to get rid of Adam, he has always got plenty of plaudits and I can’t recall any complaints.  He was running this forum pretty much single handed back ( not forgetting Tom.... ) when it was the official club forum and I started off as a moderator with him back then, real shame to see a genuine fan and one who was so well liked, lose his job, hope this turns into a great opportunity and a new adventure for him.

On 11/05/2018 at 11:45, billywedlock said:

This is Ashton and what he did at Watford. Not changed much. Drove out the people who made the club a club, gagging orders, controlling the media messages. Yada yada . 

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/3995357.oliver-phillips-reflects-on-the-departure-of-mark-ashton-from-watford/

Think it was this link but haven't re-read, the stuff about selling off the corners at the ground. I was at Vicarage Road over the weekend and the corners gave the stadium a really weird feel to it in my opinion 

14 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Sometimes I think the criticism the club gets on here is a little harsh but throw in the sentence before presenting pulling two goals back from a 3-0 deficit at home as some sort of triumph and it really does suggest a low level of ambition...

12 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I’m not sure why they would comment, announcements about staff in most companies are only usually made when there are changes at a senior level.  

I'm sure we usually put out a statement wishing them all the best etc.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Coaching and playing staff not office or media, I don't think we did one when David Lloyd left

There's no two ways about it. It shows contempt for Adam and the fans. 

A significant minority will know him, have spoken to him or benefited directly from his work. 

A significant majority will know of him and enjoyed his commentary, his media input etc. 

To ignore 20 years service of a very public servant of the club is deplorable in the mind of any right-minded human being. 

Its no wonder the club have put the Vs up to large sections of fans this years when they do this to their very own. 

Archived