IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

'With a young family, I now want the chance to spend time with them; they deserve that for the sacrifices they have often had to make for my job, while I also take the time to look at the many career opportunities elsewhere'

I now want the chance, not I wanted the chance to. 

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Amazing how so many people believe anything the club peddle, did you know the earth was flat! 

So the statement on the OS is all bullshit?

AB wasn't made redundant but left of his own accord...........

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Personal belief is the whole situation was handled precisely, same with the statement being delicately worded. Could very much be a situation of we don't anticipate a place for you here next year/or could be but only in 'X' position, if this led to him resigning then the statement isn't wrong yet effectively is still being moved out. 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If I didn't know better I'd have thought you were born yesterday ;) unless you're on a wind up. 

28 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I may be slow on the uptake but who are 'Ashton Gate', or does the stadium have an ability to communicate?

If the club are so thick as to think we don't know that:

Resigned = Sacked

Need to spend time with family = Sacked

Need a new challenge = Sacked

then they've crossed the Rubicon in demonstrating their wanton  contempt for supporters.

I think it was a typo.

Should have read "Ashton's mate"

AB may well have resigned of his own free will. There may have been no loaded gun. However, if so then I have questions.

Why resign when you have a young family but no job to go to?

Why time the resignation to coincide with the beginning of (presumably) the slackest period of your working year.

If notice was served why wasn't there an immediate statement ready from the club?

Why thank Steve Coppell. I mean his tenure was so short and forgettable that I can't believe AB remembers him with any more affection than the rest of us.

I listened (at the time) to the BBC match commentary from our last away game, I'm pretty sure AB didn't think he was going anywhere during the summer when he signed off from that.

17 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Is the right answer! 

Thanks for clarification.

I'd guess from a career perspective it's probably best if Adam doesn't tell us the truth/comment, may look bad on his part to future employers, which is a shame. No doubt he will end up with a better job where he is appreciated, so perhaps he has been let go at a good time (if there's such a thing) as the club seems to be heading backwards off of the pitch for sure 

1 minute ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Do you know 100% for a fact that he was sacked / made redundant? 

Source? 

Not worth asking anyone to confirm. If there was an NDA then there would be an obligation on the employee to stay quiet so a poster would leave themselves open to legal action presumably. 

18 minutes ago, 95red said:

Lansdowns crap ashtons crap Johnsons crap most players are crap , why do most of you lot bother.40years a red im enjoying it more than ever.

How you going Mark, you on Twentyman soon?

1 minute ago, Big C said:

To be honest it’s quite funny on here sometimes

OTIB demands explanation for Adam Baker leaving

an explanation is posted

OTIB doesn’t believe explanation for Adam Baker leaving.

To be fair, people were asking for a statement/acknowledgement, out of respect. 

Nobody expected an explanation, or the truth. 

Doesn't say he resigned, just that he has decided to leave his role. He could still have been made redundant and the family mention supports that theory imo.

Very possible that they are making cuts in that department and his job was put at risk, therefore he has decided not to apply for any new role that has been created (or there isn't anything "suitable"). Or thought there was no point in applying....

So technically it could have been his decision to take leave and take redundancy.

1 minute ago, Big C said:

To be honest it’s quite funny on here sometimes

OTIB demands explanation for Adam Baker leaving

an explanation is posted

OTIB doesn’t believe explanation for Adam Baker leaving.

Various stories do the rounds about Tomlin -Fans ask questions

Tomlin appears On Club made video assuring everyone how good things are And how well he gets on with the gaffer

Many doubt the interview

Transpires they were right and Tomlin was a **** and the video published by the Club was b*******t

:thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I'd guess from a career perspective it's probably best if Adam doesn't tell us the truth/comment, may look bad on his part to future employers, which is a shame. No doubt he will end up with a better job where he is appreciated, so perhaps he has been let go at a good time (if there's such a thing) as the club seems to be heading backwards off of the pitch for sure 

This...

16 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Not worth asking anyone to confirm. If there was an NDA then there would be an obligation on the employee to stay quiet so a poster would leave themselves open to legal action presumably

...and this too.

On 14/05/2018 at 08:52, ZiderEyed said:

Nonsense, the issue for me is very reliable posters who are close to the club believe that this is more than someone being made redundant. There are supposedly higher powers at work and if that is true then its an outrage to dispose of someone who has put their heart and soul in to their club, all to replace them with a cleaner, less Bristolian, corporate model.

Surely it's not outrageous to say that if the supposed rumours about Knights and Ashton are true then Beanhead has been shafted and we've a right to be upset for him?

Some of those ‘reliable’ posters close to the club might not be all that they seem. 

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Not worth asking anyone to confirm. If there was an NDA then there would be an obligation on the employee to stay quiet so a poster would leave themselves open to legal action presumably. 

Action for what, not believing a word reported..? One presumes 'Ashton Gate' would take action, as they seem to have employed AB if the statement is true. 

21 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

If he was sacked or made redundant, it might not be in his interest to tell the truth anyway. If you can tell future employers you resigned then it sounds like you've made a personal decision and want a new challenge. Saying you were let go or made redundant may end up with you having to explain or justify your value to future employers.

Even if Baker did not choose to leave, it might be his wish as much as the club's to present it in a way that lets him present himself positively to future employers. 

5 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Action for what, not believing a word reported..? One presumes 'Ashton Gate' would take action, as they seem to have employed AB if the statement is true. 

There is a difference between "I don't believe abc" and presenting something - later proven to be untrue - as fact. 

If someone wants to say "xyz is 100% the truth" then that's up to them. 

I was made redundant in my previous job - though technically I took "voluntary" redundancy

Basically the company told me that they were making most of their software developers and their team leaders redundant; there was kind of point based performance review as to which employees were immediately made redundant with no alternative offers. I had enough points not to be "forced" into redundancy - and the company stated that they wanted to keep me. They offered me positions in other roles -none of which I actually wanted, and all of which I felt were at best a sideways move career wise.

In the end I rejected all roles offered me and took the redundancy since it was obviously better to leave with some cash in my pocket than just leave. So on a technicality and from a legal standpoint I "choose" to leave but the options given to me kind of meant that was the most sane choice for me. 

I do wonder if reading between the lines that is what has happened here -  In the end the employee "chooses" to leave with redundancy but the reality is that is the only sensible decision for the individual to make.

Its definitely not a good outcome for an employee that wants to stay or loves his/her job, but I don't read anything in the statement they have just made that suggests AB resigned and equally nothing to say he was actually sacked. Just that he is leaving

I think he had done an excellent job and always found his co-commentating insightful if not slightly toe-ing the company line!, I hope the payoff he got was good and in-line with his level of long and dedicated service. I hope he gets to spend time with the family, enjoy the summer (and world cup) and gets a great new job soon if he wants one. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

If he was sacked or made redundant, it might not be in his interest to tell the truth anyway. If you can tell future employers you resigned then it sounds like you've made a personal decision and want a new challenge. Saying you were let go or made redundant may end up with you having to explain or justify your value to future employers.

Even if Baker did not choose to leave, it might be his wish as much as the club's to present it in a way that lets him present himself positively to future employers. 

Employers aren’t naive to that, if I interview someone who is between jobs, then I am always suspicious of why, if I am interviewing someone still employed but looking for career advancement, then I can be reasonably sure they  weren’t sacked under a “ you’re sacked, but we’ll let you resign agreement”.

Archived