IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

6 minutes ago, cityal said:

I was made redundant in my previous job - though technically I took "voluntary" redundancy

Basically the company told me that they were making most of their software developers and their team leaders redundant; there was kind of point based performance review as to which employees were immediately made redundant with no alternative offers. I had enough points not to be "forced" into redundancy - and the company stated that they wanted to keep me. They offered me positions in other roles -none of which I actually wanted, and all of which I felt were at best a sideways move career wise.

In the end I rejected all roles offered me and took the redundancy since it was obviously better to leave with some cash in my pocket than just leave. So on a technicality and from a legal standpoint I "choose" to leave but the options given to me kind of meant that was the most sane choice for me. 

I do wonder if reading between the lines that is what has happened here -  In the end the employee "chooses" to leave with redundancy but the reality is that is the only sensible decision for the individual to make.

Its definitely not a good outcome for an employee that wants to stay or loves his/her job, but I don't read anything in the statement they have just made that suggests AB resigned and equally nothing to say he was actually sacked. Just that he is leaving

I think he had done an excellent job and always found his co-commentating insightful if not slightly toe-ing the company line!, I hope the payoff he got was good and in-line with his level of long and dedicated service. I hope he gets to spend time with the family, enjoy the summer (and world cup) and gets a great new job soon if he wants one. 

I reckon there's a good chance that's what has happened here tbh, something along the lines of what you describe.

Whoever to AB?

'You can take redundancy/a pay off- but on the other hand you're quite valuable and we don't want to lose you if possible...but the restructure means you cannot keep your current position'.

Throw in an NDA and you've covered all bases.

Something along those lines anyway IMO.

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Well clearly there is more to this than a simple resignation or a simple redundancy. Always is more complicated.

Dolly firmly far too quick to judge, I think she should apologise for the false information she has provided.

What does she have to apologise for she is 100% correct

4 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Well clearly there is more to this than a simple resignation or a simple redundancy. Always is more complicated.

Dolly firmly far too quick to judge, I think she should apologise for the false information she has provided.

Believe what you want. I know the real story and enough people on here should know me well enough to know I don’t shit stir or make shit up. I stand by everything I have said. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I reckon there's a good chance that's what has happened here tbh, something along the lines of what you describe.

Whoever to AB?

'You can take redundancy/a pay off- but on the other hand you're quite valuable and we don't want to lose you if possible...but the restructure means you cannot keep your current position'.

Throw in an NDA and you've covered all bases.

Something along those lines anyway IMO.

Yeah I agree, if BS is merging media departments into one to cover all sports they could say his position no longer exists

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Believe what you want. I know the real story and enough people on here should know me well enough to know I don’t shit stir or make shit up. I stand by everything I have said. 

I trust what you say Dolls. 

If the truth is unpalatable, I've no doubt that it isn't going to surface. 

The ways of the corporate world. 

17 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Employers aren’t naive to that, if I interview someone who is between jobs, then I am always suspicious of why, if I am interviewing someone still employed but looking for career advancement, then I can be reasonably sure they  weren’t sacked under a “ you’re sacked, but we’ll let you resign agreement”.

Of course.

But the reality is Adam Baker is going to be between jobs in any case. He has no control over that and he is going to have to explain himself and deal with the fact employers will want to know the the reason he is no longer employed. There will obviously be some that are still going to go with the person still in employment for the reason you state but at least this leaves him free to put his own spin on it and try to convince them it was his decision. He may or may not succeed. Like you, I'd have my suspicions but I'd still potentially interview someone if their application was up to it and give them the chance to convince me. 

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

Whilst we are talking about @Dollymarie. I think she is a prime example about how things have changed behind the scenes. She has given her heart and soul to this club, but they seem to be making it hard for people like her too. A real suits / closed club. To me that is just as bad. Even the @Harry situation. 

I am excited about a lot of things, but the corporate side isn't going well. 

This. 

The suits have hijacked the word 'club'. 

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Whilst we are talking about @Dollymarie. I think she is a prime example about how things have changed behind the scenes. She has given her heart and soul to this club, but they seem to be making it hard for people like her too. A real suits / closed club. To me that is just as bad. Even the @Harry situation. 

I am excited about a lot of things, but the corporate side isn't going well. 

I’ll keep going as long as I can, because jacking it in, not throwing my toys out when needed, not speaking the truth instead of a bunch of made up nonsense, and sodding off is exactly what they want. 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I’ll keep going as long as I can, because jacking it in, not throwing my toys out when needed, not speaking the truth instead of a bunch of made up nonsense, and sodding off is exactly what they want. 

here here, stick to your guns dolls

Thus spake Ashton Gate! And who amongst us could doubt the word of a stadium? Especially when it is on the official site. Praise be, this is a momentous day. All hail Ashton Gate and the word of Ashton Gate. 

Or have I got it wrong, and Ashton Gate is the name of a new employee at BS?

1 minute ago, Robin Ashton said:

Thus spake Ashton Gate! And who amongst us could doubt the word of a stadium? Especially when it is on the official site. Praise be, this is a momentous day. All hail Ashton Gate and the word of Ashton Gate. 

haha,

the only put the statement out because of this thread

Just now, Robin Ashton said:

It might be the colloquial name for the portal through which Mark Ashton's emissions emerge.

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Good Girl!

I have read some utter bullshit resignations in my time usually containing the words more time with my family but this takes the cake. Still I hope he got some good wedge and a job on radio Brizz. Adam on matchday commentary was always great. Particularly when we score!!

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

DdPuF4cX0AEj_8L.jpg

hahahahahhahahha

OMG...

F-ing Harambe... what a post... :rofl2br:

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Amazing how so many people believe anything the club peddle, did you know the earth was flat! 

Am ITK and can confirm that AV was a smoke screen. Actually, under the dog shit, lies the fountain of youth.

Currently Scotty and Jamie Mac are drinking it like Irn Bru. Gonna rejoin.

This will all be on the OS later. :shifty:

21 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Right on Sister. 

'We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.' 

Dumbledore from HP.

I'll let you work out who Bellatrix and Voldy are...

1 hour ago, cityal said:

I was made redundant in my previous job - though technically I took "voluntary" redundancy

Basically the company told me that they were making most of their software developers and their team leaders redundant; there was kind of point based performance review as to which employees were immediately made redundant with no alternative offers. I had enough points not to be "forced" into redundancy - and the company stated that they wanted to keep me. They offered me positions in other roles -none of which I actually wanted, and all of which I felt were at best a sideways move career wise.

In the end I rejected all roles offered me and took the redundancy since it was obviously better to leave with some cash in my pocket than just leave. So on a technicality and from a legal standpoint I "choose" to leave but the options given to me kind of meant that was the most sane choice for me. 

I do wonder if reading between the lines that is what has happened here -  In the end the employee "chooses" to leave with redundancy but the reality is that is the only sensible decision for the individual to make.

Its definitely not a good outcome for an employee that wants to stay or loves his/her job, but I don't read anything in the statement they have just made that suggests AB resigned and equally nothing to say he was actually sacked. Just that he is leaving

I think he had done an excellent job and always found his co-commentating insightful if not slightly toe-ing the company line!, I hope the payoff he got was good and in-line with his level of long and dedicated service. I hope he gets to spend time with the family, enjoy the summer (and world cup) and gets a great new job soon if he wants one. 

Reckon you're spot on.  When I was made redundant from Zurich working in the City, 2 mins from the BoE, I was offered the exciting opportunity of moving to a lesser role (same money),  in Swindon....

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

There is a difference between "I don't believe abc" and presenting something - later proven to be untrue - as fact. 

If someone wants to say "xyz is 100% the truth" then that's up to them. 

So who's taking action for what?

Presumably if the employer has signed both a settlement and confidentiality agreement they'd find it difficult to demonstrate in court the terms of any settlement should someone not party to either agreement dispute the facts reported.  In my own case I signed a settlement with an ex-employer to prevent suspend High Court proceedings but flatly refused to sign a confidentiality clause, thus to this day am free to tell all and sundry about their actions and what a bunch of ***** they are.

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

So who's taking action for what?

Presumably if the employer has signed both a settlement and confidentiality agreement they'd find it difficult to demonstrate in court the terms of any settlement should someone not party to either agreement dispute the facts reported.  In my own case I signed a settlement with an ex-employer to prevent suspend High Court proceedings but flatly refused to sign a confidentiality clause, thus to this day am free to tell all and sundry about their actions and what a bunch of ***** they are.

NDA's are funny things- proving who has leaked what to who would probably make proceedings via word of mouth hard- online? Gotta be more careful...

Friend of mine, when they took a job (only mean a sales job via an agency, nothing major) a few years back- literally in the interview they whipped out an NDA, made them sign it and then it disappeared again. Dodgy (or ignorant) ******* but...can said friend take the chance? Ain't so sure.

Same may apply here- NDA's pretty watertight, or there might be an element of uncertainty- if confidential info say got onto a public forum, the poster who divulged it would have got it from somewhere...probably best kept silent tbh. Could a forum in that scenario face legal issues? Maybe- I'm no lawyer but it's very prudent to tread carefully if an NDA has been signed. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Good Girl!

I have read some utter bullshit resignations in my time usually containing the words more time with my family but this takes the cake. Still I hope he got some good wedge and a job on radio Brizz. Adam on matchday commentary was always great. Particularly when we score!!

He might be more interesting on RB now he’s not employed by the club. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

NDA's are funny things- proving who has leaked what to who would probably make proceedings via word of mouth hard- online? Gotta be more careful...

Friend of mine, when they took a job (only mean a sales job via an agency, nothing major) a few years back- literally in the interview they whipped out an NDA, made them sign it and then it disappeared again. Dodgy (or ignorant) ******* but...can said friend take the chance? Ain't so sure.

Same may apply here- NDA's pretty watertight, or there might be an element of uncertainty- if confidential info say got onto a public forum, the poster who divulged it would have got it from somewhere...probably best kept silent tbh. Could a forum in that scenario face legal issues? Maybe- I'm no lawyer but it's very prudent to tread carefully if an NDA has been signed. 

Also, the official statement heavily implies that AB left out of his own choice, if that is untrue, presumably the club would not be able to hide behind a NDA if AB denied the accuracy of their statement.

4 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Also, the official statement heavily implies that AB left out of his own choice, if that is untrue, presumably the club would not be able to hide behind a NDA if AB denied the accuracy of their statement.

Maybe- common sense says you're right, but say for example he got redundancy plus say I don't know- plucking figures out the air here- £50k- but on the proviso that he says nothing about it- a gagging order basically...

...Would depend how enforceable a court would see it as IMO. Maybe there would be a clause that would say for example that if he breaches it, then he would have to refund the money (the additional money to the redundancy) or perhaps there would be a penalty clause in there- something like 'In the event of this agreement being breached, you are liable for £x'.

Something along those lines- maybe.

Archived