IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

NDA's are funny things- proving who has leaked what to who would probably make proceedings via word of mouth hard- online? Gotta be more careful...

Friend of mine, when they took a job (only mean a sales job via an agency, nothing major) a few years back- literally in the interview they whipped out an NDA, made them sign it and then it disappeared again. Dodgy (or ignorant) ******* but...can said friend take the chance? Ain't so sure.

Same may apply here- NDA's pretty watertight, or there might be an element of uncertainty- if confidential info say got onto a public forum, the poster who divulged it would have got it from somewhere...probably best kept silent tbh. Could a forum in that scenario face legal issues? Maybe- I'm no lawyer but it's very prudent to tread carefully if an NDA has been signed. 

NDA covers whatever is in the agreement and nothing else, but I'm not sure it's been established there is one in this case. So if people on this forum state they do not believe an individual with young children would voluntarily leave his paid employment to investigate the uncertain job market out there, well I reckon either party to an NDA, should there be one,  would have some explaining to do to prove them incorrect. The employer would also have to explain why it had proved necessary to reach such public concensus with an employee who presumably would have been allowed to leave without need of such publicity had they simply wished to offer their resignation.

The employee here could simply have used his personal social media  accounts to publicise the fact he was looking for pastures new, or am I missing something? 

Just now, BTRFTG said:

NDA covers whatever is in the agreement and nothing else, but I'm not sure it's been established there is one in this case. So if people on this forum state they do not believe an individual with young children would voluntarily leave his paid employment to investigate the uncertain job market out there, well I reckon either party to an NDA, should there be one,  would have some explaining to do to prove them incorrect. The employer would also have to explain why it had proved necessary to reach such public concensus with an employee who presumably would have been allowed to leave without need of such publicity had they simply wished to offer their resignation.

The employee here could simply have used his personal social media  accounts to publicise the fact he was looking for pastures new, or am I missing something? 

Tbh, it's possible I blurred the lines between a gagging order and an NDA a bit. Compromise agreements too- all have a similar base but not quite the same.

For us, in most instances it's free speech, isn't it? If something definitive was breached breaking the agreement between AB and the club (assuming there has been one) then things probably would be different.

Point is it has chilling effects and people should- especially when it's down in print as nothing ever gets deleted online- simply proceed with common sense and caution.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh, it's possible I blurred the lines between a gagging order and an NDA a bit. Compromise agreements too- all have a similar base but not quite the same.

For us, in most instances it's free speech, isn't it? If something definitive was breached breaking the agreement between AB and the club (assuming there has been one) then things probably would be different.

Point is it has chilling effects and people should- especially when it's down in print as nothing ever gets deleted online- simply proceed with common sense and caution.

Agreed, and that's why I wouldn't pose one open question I had heard related to this but which, if answered in the affirmative, would seem to join the dots together.

As is we move on and I look forward to our new head of communications answering that old shareholder imponderable:

Did BCFC recover all costs they had underwritten in facilitating Tony Pulis to take Paul Scally and Gillingham FC to the High Court?

Why did BCFC agree to underwrite legal action for an individual who was no longer associated with the club, an individual who had never directly been employed by the club, in an action that had absolutely nothing to do with the club other than in evidence it was shown our directors had held discussions with him without notifying his then employer?

I won't hold my breath.....

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

Also, the official statement heavily implies that AB left out of his own choice, if that is untrue, presumably the club would not be able to hide behind a NDA if AB denied the accuracy of their statement.

Exactly this.

It is not libellous to imply something. Only to flat out state something that is factually incorrect... 

I could go in the Aston Martin showroom and drape myself all over a Vanquish, take hundreds of photos and plaster them all over Insta but it don't mean I'm rolling in it...

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Exactly this.

It is not libellous to imply something. Only to flat out state something that is factually incorrect... 

I could go in the Aston Martin showroom and drape myself all over a Vanquish, take hundreds of photos and plaster them all over Insta but it don't mean I'm rolling in it...

Exactly.

You'd be draping on it.

19 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Exactly this.

It is libellous to imply something. But this isn't libel because it doesn't meet the criteria for causing "serious harm" to Adam by a long stretch.

37 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That statement is exactly why I am falling out of love with this ‘club’

Indeed, once you know they are telling bare-faced lies to you everything else starts to crumble.

Even the other day I saw a video interview from SL explaining that he'd had the idea of changing Bristol Rugby's name to the Bristol Bears for a few years. 

This was a lie to protect his son who'd only come up with the name in the past year or so.

I don't particularly care who came up with such a shite name, but it just demonstrates more mistruths.

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

It would have been with bcfc not AG ltd. 

Tom when I lived with Joe his business cards were under Ashton Gate Ltd I would assume the rest of the media team all had the same contracts, I don't think the staff contracts were ever under Bristol City FC. Probably to keep staff overheads off the football club's finances, Maybe? 

4 hours ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Not sure I’d believe that someone with a young family to support would decide now was the time to resign and leave himself jobless.

Whatever the truth, I hope he finds success somewhere else. Met Adam a couple of times maaaany years ago and he always seemed like a good guy with a real passion for the club.

Why not, I did that.  28 years in the same company, frustrated by my job, never gonna get selected for redundancy, working for a “Head of" who I had no respect for.  I knew 10 months before I left when I was going to resign.  My “Head of” was effectively undemining my skill set.  I spent those months building contacts, but on the day I resigned I had no job to go to (with at the time a 10 and 7 year old).  Being under notice I became attractive to other companies, because they knew I'd be available shortly and they could make an approach without me wasting their time.

3 weeks into my notice I got a contract, signed and started a week later.

Adam may have been forced out more aggressively than I was, but he may also have gone without a pay-off.  He may have been spending months sounding out other opportunities.  He might have felt he’d never get a redundancy pay-off in a job that he no longer enjoyed, or for a company he’d lost faith in, trying to remain professional in a job where you’re at the forefront of the club.

Dolly will know the score.  She knows it’s been a stitch up.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why not, I did that.  28 years in the same company, frustrated by my job, never gonna get selected for redundancy, working for a “Head of" who I had no respect for.  I knew 10 months before I left when I was going to resign.  My “Head of” was effectively undemining my skill set.  I spent those months building contacts, but on the day I resigned I had no job to go to (with at the time a 10 and 7 year old).  Being under notice I became attractive to other companies, because they knew I'd be available shortly and they could make an approach without me wasting their time.

3 weeks into my notice I got a contract, signed and started a week later.

Adam may have been forced out more aggressively than I was, but he may also have gone without a pay-off.  He may have been spending months sounding out other opportunities.  He might have felt he’d never get a redundancy pay-off in a job that he no longer enjoyed, or for a company he’d lost faith in, trying to remain professional in a job where you’re at the forefront of the club.

Dolly will know the score.  She knows it’s been a stitch up.

Good point Dave. 

Back in 2005 I gave up a job earning boat loads of cash. Hated it. Hated the people. 

So just handed in my notice and worked from home for 8/9 years earning a fraction of the money. I had no job to go to at the time. 

Was at home for just about every school drop-off and pickup throughout that time from the nippers being 1 and 3 until they were 10 and 12.

Don't regret it for a minute, even though I'd be much richer and have no mortgage if I'd carried on as I was. 

Some people are brave/stupid enough to do it. Others just talk about doing it. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Good point Dave. 

Back in 2005 I gave up a job earning boat loads of cash. Hated it. Hated the people. 

So just handed in my notice and worked from home for 8/9 years earning a fraction of the money. I had no job to go to at the time. 

Was at home for just about every school drop-off and pickup throughout that time from the nippers being 1 and 3 until they were 10 and 12.

Don't regret it for a minute, even though I'd be much richer and have no mortgage if I'd carried on as I was. 

Some people are brave/stupid enough to do it. Others just talk about doing it. 

I was one one of them for about 3 years, eh @Clevedon Red?  And then I grew some!! :D

Admittedly, by waiting that 9/10 months I made sure I took my bonuses, maximised my share option and built a war chest of about 9 months money....in case it all went horribly wrong.

It didn’t.  I haven’t looked back.  I hope @AdamB gets himself sorted.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Amazing how so many people believe anything the club peddle, did you know the earth was flat! 

the earth is round (idiot) carried on the backs of four elephants on the back of a giant turtle duh! :dunno:  

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

In the nicest possible way, read my posts, I already have. 

No, to be honest, you really haven’t. If you know all the facts, please tell us. Just stating  that something is rotten isn’t the same thing.

14 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Dollymarie sorry if I’ve missed it but all I’ve seen is you say you won’t give up (fair play) and that you feel your not liked by the suits.

So please do tell what’s tge true story with Adam. 

Was he sacked / made redundant? Did he know in advance.

Please if you can tell us the truth.

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

No, to be honest, you really haven’t. If you know all the facts, please tell us. Just stating  that something is rotten isn’t the same thing.

Read my post in the FAO Dolly thread. I clarified my comments there. Post number 12 :) 

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Read my post in the FAO Dolly thread. I clarified my comments there. Post number 12 :) 

That post is relatively mild - all you’ve really said is that the people running the club aren’t emotionally involved like fans. That may be disappointing but not that surprising, nor does it really justify the word rotten, or explain the Adam Baker events (and the veracity or otherwise of the club statement on that is the issue in this thread).

7 hours ago, 95red said:

So he wants a spend time with his family no one believes him , its still ashton and lansdown to blame, some ***** on here mind

Out of interest what was the first City game you watched? 

23 minutes ago, big p said:

So Adam Baker's a liar as well as Steve Lansdown,John Lansdown  and Mark Ashton  ....My god everyone's lying..

Grow up. Sometimes in business people are diplomatic. To be otherwise jeopardises your career. 

Did you never say in an interview you enjoyed your previous/current job when you didn't? Of course. 

Maybe you said in an interview you were looking for new challenges, or did you tell the truth and tell them your boss is a w**ker? 

25 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Its not true he said thar? Pretty sure it is

beanhead hasn't said anything, the club has said it for him, and frankly everything coming out of the club at the moment makes me think its utter horseshit 

34 minutes ago, big p said:

So Adam Baker's a liar as well as Steve Lansdown,John Lansdown  and Mark Ashton  ....My god everyone's lying..

34 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Its not true he said thar? Pretty sure it is

He said I now want to spend time with my family, not I wanted time to spend with my family. Wording is such that it's a case of he no longer has his role so that's what he wants to do. Not that he left his role so that he could do that. Given it's from AB and his role it would have been worded exact.

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Grow up. Sometimes in business people are diplomatic. To be otherwise jeopardises your career. 

Did you never say in an interview you enjoyed your previous/current job when you didn't? Of course. 

Maybe you said in an interview you were looking for new challenges, or did you tell the truth and tell them your boss is a w**ker? 

I tell you what ,let's all get together and drive the Lansdown's out the club.

It's no surprise they distance themselves from the supporters.And then we can blame the Lansdown's for that as well...

3 minutes ago, big p said:

I tell you what ,let's all get together and drive the Lansdown's out the club.

It's no surprise they distance themselves from the supporters.And then we can blame the Lansdown's for that as well...

people don't want to drive the lansdowns out, people want the corporate speak and spin to stop, 

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

people don't want to drive the lansdowns out, people want the corporate speak and spin to stop, 

But do people really want it,with attendances increasing every year I personally think the majority of people don't really care.No disrespect to Adam Baker but if you ask people on match day if they know who he is ,my guess would be a fair few won't.

Archived