IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

47 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I'll repeat what I've posted previously and had deleted by admins... Edit: having spoken to a Mod, I was told to remove names. That's all.

I've had it from a very good source at the Club (cannot name so don't ask...)

Adam was sacked/made redundant with immediate effect by SOMEONE under SOMEONE ELSE'S instructions.

Adam had no prior knowledge.

He was told one day and gone by close of business on the next.

SOMEONE will take over Adam's obligations.

Peg.

just questioning the "sacked /made redundant’ comment.  Which one is it?

If sacked, suggests he’s either not doing his job properly (very unlikely) it he’s done something naughty!  No pay off.

If Redundant, then effectively his job is no more, he’ll get a pay-off and the aspects of his role will be morphed into other people’s responsibilities.

Regardless of the circumstances behind Adams departure it is a real shame we didn't get a chance to give him a good send off. Can someone in the singing section make a note to start a witty Baker chant in the first game of the season. 

Personally, I'm fed up of the constant negativity on this forum, but I'd have expected at least a quote from Lansdown and a montage of old interviews, tours, quizzes etc of Adam over the years. Poor form.

Media department, if you're reading put something together please.

43 minutes ago, Maldini said:

Regardless of the circumstances behind Adams departure it is a real shame we didn't get a chance to give him a good send off. Can someone in the singing section make a note to start a witty Baker chant in the first game of the season. 

Personally, I'm fed up of the constant negativity on this forum, but I'd have expected at least a quote from Lansdown and a montage of old interviews, tours, quizzes etc of Adam over the years. Poor form.

Media department, if you're reading put something together please.

Get rid of an employee then create a very public montage of their time with you? 

Kick a man when he's down..... 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Peg.

just questioning the "sacked /made redundant’ comment.  Which one is it?

If sacked, suggests he’s either not doing his job properly (very unlikely) it he’s done something naughty!  No pay off.

If Redundant, then effectively his job is no more, he’ll get a pay-off and the aspects of his role will be morphed into other people’s responsibilities.

I left it ambiguous as if I put 1 or the other, people would be down my neck faster than Tammy driving in his mate's new Merc and it would probably get removed by the mods.

Most can make their own minds up.

But what I will say - and this is purely in general - in business nowadays, if your face doesn't fit and you don't conform, don't be surprised if you end up paying the price...

11 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Dollymarie Adam’s now thanking Lisa Knights on his personal twitter account. You sure you were correct or is Mark Ashton the bad apple? 

He don’t sound like a bloke whose just been given the boot? 

Your source right? 

If you were given the boot with a massive pay off, you would probably be saying decent stuff too? 

If I got laid off, and given a vast pay off I’ll say whatever the company wanted

1 minute ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I wouldn’t sell my soul and lie personally I have more self respect. 

That’s handy, but some people need the money, have wife, child, mortgages etc. 

Going home to a wife and saying “I been laid off but we got £100k now in the bank”

is better than going home to a wife and going 

“I got laid off today and they wanted me to lie about how it happened, I turned down the 100k, don’t worry the bailiffs won’t be round for a while”

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

That’s handy, but some people need the money, have wife, child, mortgages etc. 

Going home to a wife and saying “I been laid off but we got £100k now in the bank”

is better than going home to a wife and going 

“I got laid off today and they wanted me to lie about how it happened, I turned down the 100k, don’t worry the bailiffs won’t be round for a while”

How true. 

Family first. End of. For me at least. 

23 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I left it ambiguous as if I put 1 or the other, people would be down my neck faster than Tammy driving in his mate's new Merc and it would probably get removed by the mods.

Most can make their own minds up.

But what I will say - and this is purely in general - in business nowadays, if your face doesn't fit and you don't conform, don't be surprised if you end up paying the price...

I'm guessing '.... Gate' and '.... of the round table' :ph34r::shutup: 

40 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Dollymarie Adam’s now thanking Lisa Knights on his personal twitter account. You sure you were correct or is Mark Ashton the bad apple? 

He don’t sound like a bloke whose just been given the boot? 

Your source right? 

Just ******* drop it, make your own bloody mind up and don’t keep trying to goad people into statements they might regret.  It’s done, you believe what you want to.

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Get rid of an employee then create a very public montage of their time with you? 

Kick a man when he's down..... 

I take your point, but it depends on the circumstances of the departure. Even if there is bad blood it wouldn't be with every one of his colleagues it seems, see his Twitter post, and would maybe a nice gesture from those he has helped along the way that he name checks. 

Personally I've definitely left a job due to a disagreement with management (not saying there has been one here), but enjoyed my time there, made good friends with colleagues and been sad to go. I received a gift on my last day that has served as nice momento of the good times. Maybe I should have expanded on my original post, but do you see what I mean?

10 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Was only asking a question. If someone is 100% certain of something surely they can express why and explain.

Appears not. Not for the first time either. Power trip I guess. 

In certain situations no they can’t.  It is Adam who is important in this situation as well as personal posters knowledge and the website itself.  If you can’t make your mind up from this thread so far one way or the other that’s up to you.

I would suggest you stop pushing before people start thinking that you’re actually trying to get people into real trouble.

If you don’t understand what has been written there is a lovely statement on the OS that explains it all, RobboRed will be there to talk you through it.

Real life mate, get used to it.

9 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

£100k ? You having a laugh.

He wouldn’t have been on that much wages wise city aren’t good payers. They can’t sack him unless he didn’t something wrong such as gross misconduct. 

If he has been made redundant he might get a golden handshake but it will be no where near that amount. 

No you can’t sack someone, but you can go.

”you can take us to a tribunal, you might get £x from us, and you will win, or you can take £x from us now and we all walk away”

£100k was just a figure. 

8 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Was only asking a question. If someone is 100% certain of something surely they can express why and explain.

Appears not. Not for the first time either. Power trip I guess. 

Its reasonable for someone to question what they clearly know isn't the truth. It's also reasonable for them to point out that they can't go into precise details. 

I've been in a similar situation as I've known someone very close to an ex manager for example but never uttered a word about things I knew. Sure as hell I'd be happy to point out if someone said something I knew was wrong even if I couldn't elaborate. 

23 minutes ago, RumRed said:

******* hell I’ve never lived in Bristol and always defended my family’s home city but this thread is seriously testing me with regards to the level of naivety.

Why are you getting so worked up about it mate? All this indignation and conspiracy “I know something you don’t, or can’t see” chat is so tiresome. Someone got sacked, the official line is mutual consent. Standard. That’s the world, we all know it’s never that simple.

What I find amazing is how many people are suddenly coming to Adam’s defense knowing absolutely no details of the reason WHY he got made redundant. 

Are the club restructuring or slim-lining things?

Is the job morphing into a different role which they think someone else would be better or more suited to?

Do the club want more Women in front line positions?

Was Adam happy to take redundancy?

Was he doing the job to the standard expected?

I could go on and on. The point is no-one here knows the full picture - what we have is someone leaving a job, a statement, and people on OTIB saying the statement isn’t entirely true.

Well so what?? Surprised? No.

And what we get is 15 pages of people pissed off on behalf of someone they don’t know, whilst knowing no details and ironically after usually slagging him off for always “towing the company line”, never asking tough enough questions and conducting those “staged” interviews with Tomlin and Ashton.

Are people actually annoyed for Adam, or because they feel lied to, or because they just want another, any reason to stick it to the club. The club that couldn’t care less about history or it’s fans.

OTIB has made someone the majority weren’t even bothered about a martyr in the holy war against Lansdown and his nepotistic cronies.

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Why are you getting so worked up about it mate? All this indignation and conspiracy “I know something you don’t, or can’t see” chat is so tiresome. Someone got sacked, the official line is mutual consent. Standard. That’s the world, we all know it’s never that simple.

What I find amazing is how many people are suddenly coming to Adam’s defense knowing absolutely no details of the reason WHY he got made redundant. 

Is the job morphing into a different role which they think someone else would be better or more suited to?

I could go on and on. The point is no-one here knows the full picture - what we have is someone leaving a job, a statement, and people on OTIB saying the statement isn’t entirely true.

And what we get is 15 pages of people pissed off on behalf of someone they don’t know, whilst knowing no details and ironically after usually slagging him off for always “towing the company line”, never asking tough enough questions and conducting those “staged” interviews with Tomlin and Ashton.

Are people actually annoyed for Adam, or because they feel lied to, or because they just want another, any reason to stick it to the club. The club that couldn’t care less about history or it’s fans.

OTIB has made someone the majority weren’t even bothered about a martyr in the holy war against Lansdown and his nepotistic cronies.

But we do.

It just can't simply be put in the public domain as OTIB may become jeopardised. Then mods remove the post. Half of mine have been removed for this reason.

The clues are out there. I don't need to be Miss Marple to find them. Twitter bios and half of the posts on here will lead you in the right direction. Nothing categorically states the absolute truth because like I said, it would be removed.

54 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'm guessing '.... Gate' and '.... of the round table' :ph34r::shutup: 

Mendip Gate and Chairs of the Round Table are the right answer! :clapping:

17 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

But we do.

It just can't simply be put in the public domain as OTIB may become jeopardised. Then mods remove the post. Half of mine have been removed for this reason.

The clues are out there. I don't need to be Miss Marple to find them. Twitter bios and half of the posts on here will lead you in the right direction. Nothing categorically states the absolute truth because like I said, it would be removed.

Oh of course the clues are out there, that’s not what I’m saying. And yes the ITK’s have dropped some hints, but none seem to tell the whole truth and even those things they said.....like he was pushed by someone within the club because that person wants someone else to do the job...doesn’t exactly tell a full story, does it? Even filling in the blanks it’s still playground stuff.

Beyond those details there are other more important questions - Is that other person better suited to the role? Better qualified? Just better? What is the new role? Etc etc 

Or yes, SL and JL have allowed an employee to sack someone just so another someone can be closer to their office, or on their office desk, on a regular basis?

32 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Because everything suggests that decisions are being made more in line with BS than with BCFC and it’s supporters of many years.  

It also appears that there is a **** load of spin going on.

If that doesn’t concern you then start another thread with a BS spin on it and see if that gets to 15 pages  

Plus, this is yet another example of BS not providing credible answers to fans' legitimate concerns, and swerving away as far as possible from any sense of transparency and the need to carry fans along with them.  In short a disconnect between BS and City fans.  

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Because everything suggests that decisions are being made more in line with BS than with BCFC and it’s supporters of many years.  

It also appears that there is a **** load of spin going on.

If that doesn’t concern you then start another thread with a BS spin on it and see if that gets to 15 pages  

I'm not even going to get started with BS vs BCFC conspiracies mate - too late. Either way - i'm yet to see Bristol Sport negatively impact BCFC.

As for your comment about the supporters.....you've proved my exact point.

It's got nothing to do with Adam Baker (whose name you don't mention), it's got to do with you and your agenda/opinion of the club. 

Tell me exactly what was it Adam Baker did to improve your relationship as a supporter with the club?

And then tell me exactly how Adam Baker leaving means your relationship with the club will be negativity impacted?

Genuine question.

Because, hypothetically speaking, if Lisa Knight picks up some of Adam's communication's duties, surely someone with her greater experience in the football industry, BBC, Sky, ITV is potentially better suited to the role?

Or is it because she isn't a 'proper' fan?

21 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Oh of course the clues are out there, that’s not what I’m saying. And yes the ITK’s have dropped some hints, but none seem to tell the whole truth and even those things they said.....like he was pushed by someone within the club because that person wants someone else to do the job...doesn’t exactly tell a full story, does it? Even filling in the blanks it’s still playground stuff.

Beyond those details there are other more important questions - Is that other person better suited to the role? Better qualified? Just better? What is the new role? Etc etc 

Or yes, SL and JL have allowed an employee to sack someone just so another someone can be closer to their office, or on their office desk, on a regular basis?

So far the club statement has not actually stated that someone else will fill the role so a few questions:

1. Is the role vacant or defunct?

2. As a highly respected member of the backroom staff, by the fans and, it appears by the players been binned off due to the wage bill?

3. How does this effect relationships with core consumers of the BS product, especially off the back of several **** ups in fan relations in the last two years with the club?

4. Disengagement with FAN by the club, any relation to this?  

I have no answers as not in the know but most people would see this as yet another PR **** up by the club for someone who I’d expect was a modestly remunerated member of staff.

And btw @Alessandro sometimes perception and loyalty are more important to consumers than boardroom bollocks

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I'm not even going to get started with BS vs BCFC conspiracies mate - too late. Either way - i'm yet to see Bristol Sport negatively impact BCFC.

It's got nothing to do with Adam Baker (whose name you don't mention), it's got to do with you and your agenda/opinion of the club. 

Tell me exactly what was it Adam Baker did to improve your relationship as a supporter with the club?

And then tell me exactly how Adam Baker leaving means your relationship with the club will be negativity impacted?

Genuine question.

Because, hypothetically speaking, if Lisa Knight picks up some of Adam's communication's duties, surely someone with her greater experience in the football industry, BBC, Sky, ITV is potentially better suited to the role?

Tbf you have a point, I’m probably not cut out for modern football and should give it a break.

Would have been nice to actually enjoy the fruits of the prem for the soul we sold.

Hey ho enjoy the corporate bullshit and L1/Champ for the next generation.

I’d rather have had one or the other, this hybrid is not a model that works for some fans.

22 minutes ago, RumRed said:

So far the club statement has not actually stated that someone else will fill the role so a few questions:

1. Is the role vacant or defunct?

2. As a highly respected member of the backroom staff, by the fans and, it appears by the players been binned off due to the wage bill?

3. How does this effect relationships with core consumers of the BS product, especially off the back of several **** ups in fan relations in the last two years with the club?

4. Disengagement with FAN by the club, any relation to this?  

I have no answers as not in the know but most people would see this as yet another PR **** up by the club for someone who I’d expect was a modestly remunerated member of staff.

And btw @Alessandro sometimes perception and loyalty are more important to consumers than boardroom bollocks

15 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Tbf you have a point, I’m probably not cut out for modern football and should give it a break.

Would have been nice to actually enjoy the fruits of the prem for the soul we sold.

Hey ho enjoy the corporate bullshit and L1/Champ for the next generation.

I’d rather have had one or the other, this hybrid is not a model that works for some fans.

Firstly - as you've shown there are a whole host of questions none of us know - and to be honest, why do we have a right to know those details?

I don't think it's been a PR **** up at all. Someone got sacked. The club gave an official line. 

I personally don't think the club need to go into any more detail about the situation - but it comes down to each individual fan's opinion - are we fans or customers, members or clients?

There are those who hang desperately to the notion that they're more than a customer and the club owes them something more, many despite not even attending games or putting money into the club.

And those who take it or leave and accept they're customers not shareholders, along for the ride.

Either way a disconnect between clubs and fans is the sad way football has already gone at the top level, those fighting it are 10, 15 years too late and fighting a depressing, losing battle. 

Ironically, you mention corporate bullshit in L1/Champ - well the things BCFC are doing are more in line with the corporate world and way premier league clubs are run - so perhaps those so desperate for the promised land might also be careful what they wish for.

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Firstly - as you've shown there are a whole host of questions none of us know - and to be honest, why do we have a right to know those details?

I don't think it's been a PR **** up at all. Someone got sacked. The club gave an official line. 

I personally don't think the club need to go into any more detail about the situation - but it comes down to each individual fan's opinion - are we fans or customers, members or clients?

There are those who hang desperately to the notion that they're more than a customer and the club owes them something more, many despite not even attending games or putting money into the club.

And those who take it or leave and accept they're customers not shareholders, along for the ride.

Either way a disconnect between clubs and fans is the sad way football has already gone at the top level, those fighting it are 10, 15 years too late and fighting a depressing, losing battle. 

Ironically, you mention corporate bullshit in L1/Champ - well the things BCFC are doing are more in line with the way premier league clubs are run - so perhaps those so desperate for that might also be careful what they wish for.

That was my point!  We have the corporate bullshit without the prem.  The current model doesn’t work! 

L1 promotion season, ground shot due to renovations (Thanks SL, I mean that honestly btw) shedman, fighting for everything.  That is football that’s fun!

The bullshit combined with going out with even less than a whimper, and more worryingly no plan sucks.

Go corporate and get in the prem most will be happy.

Stay a ‘club’ and battle it out, most will be happy.

Go corporate and stay at, admittedly a high level, but still where we’ve been before,many will not be happy.

If you’re going to sell your soul at least do it for a decent ******* price.

25 minutes ago, RumRed said:

That was my point!  We have the corporate bullshit without the prem.  The current model doesn’t work! 

L1 promotion season, ground shot due to renovations (Thanks SL, I mean that honestly btw) shedman, fighting for everything.  That is football that’s fun!

The bullshit combined with going out with even less than a whimper, and more worryingly no plan sucks.

Go corporate and get in the prem most will be happy.

Stay a ‘club’ and battle it out, most will be happy.

Go corporate and stay at, admittedly a high level, but still where we’ve been before,many will not be happy.

If you’re going to sell your soul at least do it for a decent ******* price.

I think this is the point.  The whole BS five pillars approach simply isn't working for City if the target is The Prem and then Europe, as we have been told.  Frankly, I think the approach is fundamentally flawed and is unlikely to work.  All this assumes that BSwants promotion, something I am also not 100% convinced of. 

The final position we are told is for BCFC to be self financing.  I am sorry but I can't see that as realistic at all.

one important aspect lacking is the failure to set any sort of realistic timescale for any of this to happen, allowing LJ to spout nonsense when he arrived about European football.  He didn't even get the number of windows he needed right.

it all reeks of an amateur approach at all levels of the club.

What does The Board of BCFC have to say about all this? Apparently nothing. And nothing says it all really.

3 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

£100k ? You having a laugh.

He wouldn’t have been on that much wages wise city aren’t good payers. They can’t sack him unless he didn’t something wrong such as gross misconduct. 

If he has been made redundant he might get a golden handshake but it will be no where near that amount. 

Depends on his salary, redundancy ratio and yeah some extra for going with the club narrative...

My hypothetical guesswork figure was 50k factoring it all in.

50k or 100k? The point still stands, still rings true.

3 hours ago, Maldini said:

I take your point, but it depends on the circumstances of the departure. Even if there is bad blood it wouldn't be with every one of his colleagues it seems, see his Twitter post, and would maybe a nice gesture from those he has helped along the way that he name checks. 

Personally I've definitely left a job due to a disagreement with management (not saying there has been one here), but enjoyed my time there, made good friends with colleagues and been sad to go. I received a gift on my last day that has served as nice momento of the good times. Maybe I should have expanded on my original post, but do you see what I mean?

All cases are different- even within companies. 

Some can stick around for a time. More commercial type roles? Can see someone leave there and then tbh.

Remaining friends with individuals on and post departures quite plausible, again case by case. Some like clean breaks OTOH.

In short, definitely no one size fits all...be it between comparing different companies, comparison of employees within the same company. Can even come down to something such as value to the business as to how long the individual is allowed to stick around through notice periods.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

I think this is the point.  The whole BS five pillars approach simply isn't working for City if the target is The Prem and then Europe, as we have been told.  Frankly, I think the approach is fundamentally flawed and is unlikely to work.  All this assumes that BSwants promotion, something I am also not 100% convinced of. 

The final position we are told is for BCFC to be self financing.  I am sorry but I can't see that as realistic at all.

one important aspect lacking is the failure to set any sort of realistic timescale for any of this to happen, allowing LJ to spout nonsense when he arrived about European football.  He didn't even get the number of windows he needed right.

it all reeks of an amateur approach at all levels of the club.

What does The Board of BCFC have to say about all this? Apparently nothing. And nothing says it all really.

I think the 5 pillars has merit but key to it will be holding onto key players at all costs, building steadily, our young and mid range players developing... plus of course LJ developing quicker, particularly in the areas of tactics and game management.

As for self-financing? If we're in the PL we should make a profit after a couple of seasons...OR if we go back to League One, develop young players selling on some and show limited ambition then maybe.

This level though? Pipe dream, no way- question of just limiting the losses I feel- which of course would mean a few million per year.

7 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Genuine question.

You continue to talk the most sense on this thread. Adam I have no doubt was a nice guy but bar watching the occasional video of him reading out the line ups on Twitter I am not overly aware of other aspects of his role. 

Archived