IGNORED

Jon Stead

Red Army 75

Playing in the playoffs for Notts County tonight. He has played for 12 clubs . 3 on loan . What I didn’t know was out of all of them. He made the most appearances for us . Surprised by this . Top man .

Yes I am bored already 

Scrap that we are the second club . 

D***head :laughcont:

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Definitely. Similar to Wilbraham in that respect. 

I`d never thought of it that way before but they are very similar. Both always gave 100% and are top blokes both on and off the pitch. Steady probably has had marginally more success in his career but they are alike in so many ways.

Anyway, best of luck to him today - mind you don`t they have Nicky Hunt playing for them too?:whistle:

58 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Playing in the playoffs for Notts County tonight. He has played for 12 clubs . 3 on loan . What I didn’t know was out of all of them. He made the most appearances for us . Surprised by this . Top man .

Yes I am bored already 

Scrap that we are the second club . 

D***head :laughcont:

49 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

He was awful just ran around aimlessly and was confused with effort 

Ha ha. I’m with Maggers on this one mate. 

I think I expected more of Stead than he actually gave. In his 3 seasons here we got progressively worse as a team, ending up in 2 of the poorest seasons in memory which culminated in our relegation. Every single player in that final year in the championship has no place in my personal hall of fame. All are in the hall of shame. 

Stead scored 20 goals in 3 seasons, as the main big money striker. He was our top earner at the time and top earners need to deliver more. And Maggers is right about his effort - sometimes he hardly broke sweat. 

Oh, and he came onto my Mrs in Walkabout one night as well. The ********. Fair play to her though, she told him he was a big-time Charlie and she couldn’t give a shit that he was a premiership footballer. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. I’m with Maggers in this one mate. 

I think I expected more of Stead than he actually gave. In his 3 seasons here we got progressively worse as a team, ending up in 2 of the poorest seasons in memory which culminated in our relegation. Every single player in that final year in the championship has no place in my personal hall of fame. All are in the hall of shame. 

Stead scored 20 goals in 3 seasons, as the main big money striker. He was our top earner at the time and top earners need to deliver more. And Maggers is right about his effort - sometimes he hardly broke sweat. 

Oh, and he came onto my Mrs in Walkabout one night as well. The ********. Fair play to her though, she told him he was a big-time Charlie and she couldn’t give a shit that he was a premiership footballer. 

I love the walkabout :laugh:

He was awful though wasn’t he.

Some shit about Bisto in his last season won the fans over.

he was injured & ran the Bristol Marathon the day after I remember 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

**** me harry I thought you knew what you were on about. Clearly not . ;) . Also how did you get a hot mrs . I’m rubbishing you’re post . You’ve changed 

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

Stead was... well... a safe option at this level, and we knew that when we signed him. He was a defensive forward, closed down, ran his socks off and always gave 100%, and most importantly was selfless, but still got 20 goals for us in 61 starts for us. Not a shabby record for this level.

Not the best footballer, but then a lot of our lot under GJ, as an example, weren't top footballers. They just all put in the effort. Could do with a few of those characters now.

45 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

people really rated that bag of pooh Davies as well :blink: in the same season

19 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Yep, 13 goals in 37 games. Just 21 starts. What a load of ******* shite he was !!!!!!!

Davies' issue by comparison was application, he was the laziest sack of **** I've seen play for us, but could bang in a long shot decently enough so made people think we had something special - flattered to deceive I think it is. That's bearing in mind Pitman wasn't exactly a work horse, but I preferred him over Davies any day of the week.

How we got money for that cart-horse. 600k wasn't it?  :clap:

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Stead was... well... a safe option at this level, and we knew that when we signed him. He was a defensive forward, closed down, ran his socks off and always gave 100%, and most importantly was selfless, but still got 20 goals for us in 61 starts for us. Not a shabby record for this level.

Not the best footballer, but then a lot of our lot under GJ, as an example, weren't top footballers. They just all put in the effort. Could do with a few of those characters now.

Davies' issue by comparison was application, he was the laziest sack of **** I've seen play for us, but could bang in a long shot decently enough so made people think we had something special - flattered to deceive I think it is. That's bearing in mind Pitman wasn't exactly a work horse, but I preferred him over Davies any day of the week.

How we got money for that cart-horse. 600k wasn't it?  :clap:

Yeah he turned up looking like pooh & did nothing 

2 pens, a free kick, a few headers & just a few lucky punts .

Archived