IGNORED

Bored already. Who do you think is going to win world cup

barneyrubble

Seasons almost  over , son still has one game left to go short summer ahead with the world cup to come. Who do you think will win it and why.

Personally can't see past Germany with their outstanding record and it not being played in a sauna.They always seem to get it right. 

Don't think we will be watching England for too long as I'm not convinced we are ready or even know our best side.

Who do you fancy?

I think France could go all the way they have a very strong squad.

This may not be popular but I would really like Argentina and messi to have a fantastic World Cup. Arguably the best player ever but he still has to carry round the “never really done it at a World Cup” tag

France and Argentina have fantastic players but are less than the sum of their parts at the moment. The French aren't convinced by Deschamps as manager and Argentina had a horrible qualifying campaign and managerial upheaval. If they can get it together they've a great chance, but I'd be looking at Germany or Brazil, who've improved massively since 2014.

I think Brazil. 

Decent rebuild after that embarrassing defeat to Germany at the last World Cup. Lost the first qualification game to Chile in Santiago (no real shame in that) but unbeaten throughout the rest of qualifying. A little more impressive than when England manage to go unbeaten in qualifying. Qualifying without loss to Argentina, Uruguay & Columbia and beating each in the process is pretty impressive. 

They did have a shocking Copa America in between but I get the feeling they'll turn up for the World Cup.

Injuries might be an issue though - Dani Alves already ruled out of the tournament and Neymar's racing to be fit. 

44 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Panama

"Panamaaaa"......sorry cant get that van halen song out me nut since discussing this last week over an apple or two ...

Your so called "top" teams all seem fairly equal as in no one really stands out as unbeatable so will be interesting.....hopefuly a couple of the outsiders will shine.... anyone fancy a world cup winning left back ?

Surprised no one seems to fancy Spain. They have an incredibly strong team with experience from Pique and Ramos and youth from Asensio. Not to mention arguably the best keeper at the moment in De Gea. They have players that have proved themselves on many occasions such as Iniesta, Fabregas and Mata. And Hector Bellerin who is a bullet. Only team I can see beating them is France.

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

What does everyone think of Englands chances in this tournament? 

Obviously I don't mean win it, but do people fancy a more successful tournament then we usually get ?

My World Cup predictions see them getting out the group stages, beating Colombia in the round of 16 and then losing to Germany in the Quarter-finals

40 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Obviously I don't mean win it, but do people fancy a more successful tournament then we usually get ?

No. 

We'll scrape out of the the group having needed a win to to go thru. Then get knocked out in the next round. 

Same ol, same ol.....

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Quarter finals i expect then out to Germany.

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I have no expectations of England, the last few tournaments I have but they’ve just let everyone down with inept and gutless performances. 

Not so sure on Southgate, doesn’t exactly seem the most motivating of people. 

For me all i want (as a starter) is for us to be entertaining and when getting knocked out for me to think ‘fair play they actually played well and gave it their all’ 

chances of this happening? Slim to none imo 

Archived