IGNORED

Johnson on sound of the city with twentyman

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

“Is Diony going back to France”

”Yes”

Poor questions/questioning from GT overall though, LJ awkward. 

Absolutely no follow up to the questions LJ flanneled on, bit poor by GT.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can’t answer GTs question about what positions need strengthening

Geoff getting fed up 

Not surprising though, it just signals to other clubs that we could be taken for a bit more on certain players. 

31 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I also hope Lee meant 'eclectic' recruitment rather than 'epileptic'.  Not having a go over a slip of the tongue though, happens to us all.

Explains why we've played in fits and starts then...

Hot take I'm completely underwhelmed by it.

Everything about the past deflected, everything about the future amplified, but no explanation what changes from one to the other.

After the way the season fell apart, I was hoping for at least one revelation or unexpected account of things, but absolutely nothing.

Not sure how we're supposed to understand what will be corrected when he's gone big on overstating praise while deflecting issues.

Huge amount of weasel words, every answer started boldly, then quickly threw in an excuse for why it can and will go wrong again.

• Our recruitment process was fine! (but we can't deal with foreigners)
  • We will keep our best players! (but there is a lot of interest in Joe and Bobby)
  • SL always backs me! (but we can't actually compete on market rates)
  • We do need a leader! (but look at all my players I might have one already) 

Lot to chew over but the bit which has stood out most to me was when Geoff pulled LJ up on a remark about SL backing "his plan".

Need to hear it again but LJ had just rattled off excuses about inability to compete, then tried to spin SL backing more of the same.

Typical of Twentyman he was spot on in quickly challenging the disconnect between LJ's excuses and then doing the same thing.

Didn't hear a convincing clarification from LJ. It was like pulling a thread on a cheap suit - good microcosm of the whole interview.

The storyline on recruitment was embarrassing, talk about cognitive dissonance - over an hour of questions and all over the place.

On reflection this was probably a pointless exercise. Was always going to deflect a lot, but I hoped we'd get some plan for change.

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Not surprising though, it just signals to other clubs that we could be taken for a bit more on certain players. 

I've never understood this argument, surely other clubs, especially those in the same division, know exactly what we need?

I can't believe Lee saying we need an RB is going to take anyone by surprise and push the price up.

Just now, RumRed said:

I've never understood this argument, surely other clubs, especially those in the same division, know exactly what we need?

I can't believe Lee saying we need an RB is going to take anyone by surprise and push the price up.

There's a difference between an assumption and the manager saying it publicly. Transfer business is always played close to the chest.

One thing that did hit home for me is we have no plans or structure to deal with the arrival of foreign players.  That really is poor. Surely a visit to a top side could supply the answers needed.  Instead our only answer is appointing a linguist.  

I find LJ's voice and choice of words stultifying.  God knows what the likes of an experienced overseas player like Pisano make of it.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

One thing that did hit home for me is we have no plans or structure to deal with the arrival of foreign players.  That really is poor. Surely a visit to a top side could supply the answers needed.  Instead our only answer is appointing a linguist.  

I find LJ's voice and choice of words stultifying.  God knows what the likes of an experienced overseas player like Pisano make of it.

Well we've gone after enough of them. That's staggering if true.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

There's a difference between an assumption and the manager saying it publicly. Transfer business is always played close to the chest.

I know it is but it does feel that its to make it seem more complicated than it is.

A poll on here for the top 3 positions that need strengthening would be fairly conclusive, i'd therefore expect another club to have reasonable knowledge before selling a multi million pound asset.

I honestly think this don't let the other team know anything stuff is bollox when it comes to negotiation.  Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I know it is but it does feel that its to make it seem more complicated than it is.

A poll on here for the top 3 positions that need strengthening would be fairly conclusive, i'd therefore expect another club to have reasonable knowledge before selling a multi million pound asset.

I honestly think this don't let the other team know anything stuff is bollox when it comes to negotiation.  Just my opinion.

They usually get to know what positions we are trying to strengthen when we make an enquiry for a player !!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

They usually get to know what positions we are trying to strengthen when we make an enquiry for a player !!!!!!!!!

Damn, you found the flaw behind all this cloak and dagger clever clever shenanigans that pulls the wool over other clubs eyes.  Don't tell anyone!

Maybe that's why we loaned Diony, we didnt want to let on about the player we wanted?

Archived