IGNORED

Man City 100 points

Super

THey could do it again but I could see them pushing the league aside a bit around champions league matches. They will want to win that badly. Though they have a long way to go. Was watching today and thinking back to midweek. They weren’t at it really. I know the league has been won for awhile but the best teams keep going out trying to destroy everyone. I didn’t really see that today. I know they won but that was more credit to their quality rather than their mentality. 

21 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

THey could do it again but I could see them pushing the league aside a bit around champions league matches. They will want to win that badly. Though they have a long way to go. Was watching today and thinking back to midweek. They weren’t at it really. I know the league has been won for awhile but the best teams keep going out trying to destroy everyone. I didn’t really see that today. I know they won but that was more credit to their quality rather than their mentality. 

A bit harsh questioning the mentality of a team that has won 32 out of 38 games and achieved 100 pts for the first time in premier league history?!

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Amazing feat...but who says with their squad and fire power they cannot do it again...already talk they are preparing a 50m bid for zaha

Doubt he would get into the starting line up.

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Doubt he would get into the starting line up.

True but that’s not the point..you look at the second string of say Man Utd/Spurs/chelsea/Liverpool/arsenal it is nowhere near the strength in depth city have they will continue to dominate if that is the signings they make just for cover

12 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

True but that’s not the point..you look at the second string of say Man Utd/Spurs/chelsea/Liverpool/arsenal it is nowhere near the strength in depth city have they will continue to dominate if that is the signings they make just for cover

Some of  City's team are way into the 30's now. Kompany, Silva, Fernandinho so they will need replacing at some stage. They are big players, also still a lot of talk about Sergio going back to Spain. They may only win it by ten points next season!

49 minutes ago, RedSA said:

A bit harsh questioning the mentality of a team that has won 32 out of 38 games and achieved 100 pts for the first time in premier league history?!

Probably but for me just didn’t seem at it today. The competitor in me wants to see that desire to win every game. Didn’t see it today is all. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

What an achievement winning 32 out of 38 games. Not sure we will see that again for a very long time in the Premier League.

Not until we get there at least and blitz the league with 38 wins.

In all seriousness, though, it's a great achievement. It's difficult to see how teams will be able to keep up with them next season as well.

5 hours ago, Super said:

What an achievement winning 32 out of 38 games. 

Daft thing is, they struggled against Bristol City.

Looking round though; Man C won the Premiership with a large margin as did TNS in Wales, Celtic in Scotland, PSG in France , Bayern in Germany. In Northern Ireland Crusader won the League by just two points, but they were 22 points ahead of the third placed club. In the Irish Republic where they play in the Summer, half way through their season and UCD are  opening a gap at the top. I fear the Champions League revenue is putting some clubs so far ahead, the question now is becoming who will finish 2nd this year? Worse still, in England the question was will Burnley finish 6th or 7th? This is not healthy competition.

Maybe if teams did not bend over for them each game and actually tried to beat them, they might not have got that far ahead.

Barcelona lost 5-4 last night because Levante actually attacked them, rather than just sit back and let them pass it around. They were 5-1 up at one point.

Hoping that next year, the Premier League clubs will actually try and compete against them.

Man City will be desperate to win the Champions League, afterall, that is what Pep was brought in to do.

It did take him two years and £500 million (+ the squad he inherited) to achieve what Pelligrini achieved after one season.

As @Robin TBW says, they dont get a special Trophy for winning the league in the manner they did, it's the same one that Chelsea won last year.

I mean, with their players, depth, philosophy they would still have won more often than not.

Tottenham and even Arsenal in their home game had decent possession and in the case of the latter number of chances too, still conceded 3 at home and both lost to Man City.

All sides have their weaknesses- but with great ones they are very hard to exploit to maximum effect- Pep's Barcelona frequently demolished sides in big games- both in La Liga and in Europe- sometimes sides are just superior for a period.

Archived