IGNORED

City players that have gone on to play for England

Jcolebristol

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Didn't Iceland (Mags) play against Australia (Wright) in a friendly? 

May have totally imagined this though...

Did Iceland (Mags) play Ireland (CO'D) in the Euro's? Or did I totally imagine that as well?

Oops, should have read the whole thread. Nevermind. Nothing to see here.

10 hours ago, The Batman said:

Pretty much this.

We've had very little England representation over the years, but from far and wide in my lifetime we've had a few Australians (Wright, Agostino & Wilkshire, Carle), the Caribbean (Goodridge, Goater, Marvin Elliot for Jamaica), even Akinbiyi had one cap for Nigeria and Uncle Albert for Ghana.

Moving into Europe - the season of 98/99 we had Super Ivan for Moldova & Vilmos Sebok for Hungary along with Soren Anderson for Denmark - i am certain Bo Anderson played a few games for Denmark but that may have just been because he did so on my old computer game so may have conflicted that with reality.

Let's not forget, we had a goalkeeper who we had on loan who never played a game for us that has played in the the Semi Final of the Euro's ...... go on, you know who it is.

edit - there are more of course, but these sprung to mind straight away. Also got Jim Brennan for Canada, Tommy Doc for Northern Ireland, Rob Edwards for Wales. Plenty to choose from.

Mark Aizlewood, Wales....

10 hours ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Don't know if it's what your looking for but David James played for England once I believe whilst at city- definitely played in the world cup before joining us.

Didn’t James retire from Internationals after the 2010 World Cup, then he signed for us? Can’t remember him playing for England again after that, could be wrong though.

11 hours ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Don't know if it's what your looking for but David James played for England once I believe whilst at city- definitely played in the world cup before joining us.

Nah, James didn’t play for England whilst with us....how many people knew he moved onto Bournemouth after he left us? And he’s currently a manager in the Indian Super League?!

Luke Wilkshire played for Australia some years back - I would imagine he faced one or two of our players in internationals. 

Apart from Wedlock and Atyeo I’m not sure any City player has played for the England first team whilst still at City. James joined us after the World Cup ended and the Italian manager wouldn’t pick him because he only selected from the Prem - like most managers. 

Having said that; there was ONE player I know from the championship who played in a World Cup for England whilst a championship player - and scored. Sadly not one of ours though. 

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

I had a quick look to see whether Djuric played for Bosnia against anyone but could not find anything.

Can someone with a bit more free time than I take over that from me?

He's played 14 times for Bosnia so he might have done.

The best I could find:- In the 2015 Euro play offs between Ireland and Bosnia there are 4 players with City connections.  Milan, who was used from the bench in both games for Bosnia and, for the Irish, Richard Gough who started both games,  and Alex Pearce and Stephen Henderson.  However, the Irish players all left before Milan joined us so maybe doesn't really count.  But I think it is a nice obscure fact (would be a good answer on Pointless!)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=2E37WofUNo77kwXg15KQDg&q=ireland+v+bosnia&oq=ireland+v+bosni&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0j0i22i30k1l9.5681.9519.0.13093.15.10.0.5.5.0.126.988.6j4.10.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.15.1143...0i131k1j0i3k1.0.j-rwzJjHjrk#sie=m;/g/11hczdcdyz;2;/m/0zdsnbj;dt;fp;1

1 hour ago, New Dazzler said:

The best I could find:- In the 2015 Euro play offs between Ireland and Bosnia there are 4 players with City connections.  Milan, who was used from the bench in both games for Bosnia and, for the Irish, Richard Gough who started both games,  and Alex Pearce and Stephen Henderson.  However, the Irish players all left before Milan joined us so maybe doesn't really count.  But I think it is a nice obscure fact (would be a good answer on Pointless!)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=2E37WofUNo77kwXg15KQDg&q=ireland+v+bosnia&oq=ireland+v+bosni&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0j0i22i30k1l9.5681.9519.0.13093.15.10.0.5.5.0.126.988.6j4.10.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.15.1143...0i131k1j0i3k1.0.j-rwzJjHjrk#sie=m;/g/11hczdcdyz;2;/m/0zdsnbj;dt;fp;1

To correct myself, for Gough read Keogh.

Archived