IGNORED

VITAL TO GET BALANCE RIGHT - JOHNSON

soultrader

I believe that I'm reasonably intelligent but this is complete drivel. I can't understand what he is trying to say. 

That’s education for the players and I often say to them 'I need to move 20 per cent towards the Millennials but you have to move 20 per cent to us as well.'"

In terms of style in play and what I’m after, I feel I’ve got but it but that doesn’t mean we’re not trying to improve and add more quality in those areas."

Is it me getting senile? 

Anyone care to explain to me, what he is saying? 

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I believe that I'm reasonably intelligent but this is complete drivel. I can't understand what he is trying to say. 

Is it me getting senile? 

I've never read such absolute gash!

He mentions height again!

Seriously, is this supposed to deflect from last night's awful interview. If so it's not worked, in fact it's added extra worry to whats becoming a large problem.

Pedalo for Lee, he's drowning in his own pool of nonsense!

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

That’s education for the players and I often say to them 'I need to move 20 per cent towards the Millennials but you have to move 20 per cent to us as well.'"

In terms of style in play and what I’m after, I feel I’ve got but it but that doesn’t mean we’re not trying to improve and add more quality in those areas."

Is it me getting senile? 

Point 1: Accommodating the fact there is an age gap and therefore a cultural gap between players and staff; especially considering the gap between millennials and those before them is actually quite significant. This happens in all organisations so we can't ignore that it would happen between club staff. LJ thinks the best way to close this gap is through compromise.

Point 2: We've played some damn good football and we have the core of how we want to play, but we are obviously nowhere near consistent enough with playing it and we need to get more players in that are capable of playing this style too. It's a direct comment towards our lack of squad depth, which in this context is more like many of the players signed don't fit it at all and we need to sign more.

There you go. Turns out spunking tens of thousands of pounds on a business degree makes you a good translator

Did anyone else understand what Millennials meant  ????

‘That’s education for the players and I often say to them 'I need to move 20 per cent towards the Millennials but you have to move 20 per cent to us as well.'"

Had to look it up......

Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the generational demographic cohort following Generation X.There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Did anyone else understand what Millennials meant  ????

‘That’s education for the players and I often say to them 'I need to move 20 per cent towards the Millennials but you have to move 20 per cent to us as well.'"

Had to look it up......

Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the generational demographic cohort following Generation X.There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

Warnock says it all the time apparently....

42 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Is it me getting senile? 

Guess this means when they sit down and watch telly together that occasionally LJ will let them watch Love Island as long as they don't complain when him and Mark Ashton want to watch The Apprentice.

39 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Is it me getting senile? 

It's what I've been referring to in other posts re the younger Snowflake millennial generation. 

Trying to manage these kids must be a nightmare. They can't take constructive criticism or being shouted at. It's all about being positive, making them feel wanted, always showing the positives etc.

What LJ is asking, is for them to move 20% closer to our generations way of communicating, whilst he has to Adapt 20% there way... obviously it's not those actual figures, just a figure of speech.

Problem is, it's only going to get worse.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

It's what I've been referring to in other posts re the younger Snowflake millennial generation. 

Trying to manage these kids must be a nightmare. They can't take constructive criticism or being shouted at. It's all about being positive, making them feel wanted, always showing the positives etc.

What LJ is asking, is for them to move 20% closer to our generations way of communicating, whilst he has to Adapt 20% there way... obviously it's not those actual figures, just a figure of speech.

At least this will mean that only 60% of the time everyone is confused.

44 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think on this occasion, what he's said is pretty interesting, fairly revealing but also valid.

I feel like it's got to the stage now where anything he says will be picked apart by some.

Unfortunately what he's doing is the equivalent of pouring endless sauc3 and dressing on shit food. 

Get the food right and you don't need to mask it with something else. 

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Think the term 'snowflake' is hilarious; especially considering that those who use the term are getting all precious about being called 'gammon' in return. A lot of the old methods of communicating are deservedly dead. They were relics from the Industrial Age and then we wondered why people wouldn't function well when they're no longer simple labourers, but rather workers valued for their knowledge. Simply dismissing it as bull**** is a bit of a worrying move and one that is blind to what workers (even pampered professional footballers) really want from their employers these days. I could waffle about this all day, but I'll spare you all. 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think on this occasion, what he's said is pretty interesting, fairly revealing but also valid.

I feel like it's got to the stage now where anything he says will be picked apart by some.

I see now what that other poster meant by your avatar!  :shocking:

Is it rhyming slang? :mafia:

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Is it me getting senile? 

As usual chatting shit.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Is it me getting senile? 

Would could I , if sausages, never say it mind . 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Is the Milennials a new housing development in  Ashton Vale ?

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Is it me getting senile? 

Reminds me of Harrison Ford's famous comment to George Lucas about the dialogue in the Star Wars scripts - something along the lines of "George, you might be able to type this shit but you sure as Hell can't say it" 

Is it me getting senile? 

He's saying as a manager (in any area of life) you are inevitably going to need to keep your ideas open, encourage people younger than you to develop and develop yourself too. He needs to try hard to do this ('moving' towards millenials/our young players) but they have to pull their weight too.

At least, that's my interpretation of what he's saying. It makes sense as it's important our youngsters are willing to adapt and develop themselves towards a first team place, staying humble rather than believing they have everything they need. This interview of course also alludes to the changing culture of youth players between today & when LJ himself was beginning as a professional.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

What the he'll is "younger snowflake millennial generation?" 

No, don't bother to answer. I'll just look it up on Google. 

If I pray hard enough when I'm next anywhere near a church, does anyone think the Almighty will reincarnate Big John, Gow, Jack Connor, and Jack White, Mike Thresher and AD so we can have the basis for next season's team. We might actually win something! 

3 minutes ago, Distortia said:

He's saying as a manager (in any area of life) you are inevitably going to need to keep your ideas open, encourage people younger than you to develop and develop yourself too. He needs to try hard to do this ('moving' towards millenials/our young players) but they have to pull their weight too.

At least, that's my interpretation of what he's saying. It makes sense as it's important our youngsters are willing to adapt and develop themselves towards a first team place, staying humble rather than believing they have everything they need. This interview of course also alludes to the changing culture of youth players between today & when LJ himself was beginning as a professional.

Bit heavy on the rhetoric for me. 

Sometimes I do wish for some Warnock straight talking. I'm sure he'd say something like "these young ones need to learn and learn fast. If they're to make it they need to listen and apply themselves or they'll sink without trace. Those with a tough mentality will make it. They need to prove they have it. " 

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

What the he'll is "younger snowflake millennial generation?" 

No, don't bother to answer. I'll just look it up on Google. 

If I pray hard enough when I'm next anywhere near a church, does anyone think the Almighty will reincarnate Big John, Gow, Jack Connor, and Jack White, Mike Thresher and AD so we can have the basis for next season's team. We might actually win something! 

Even if the Almightly recreated them we'd have a couple of decades to wait 'til they were old enough to play...

Is it me getting senile? 

He did say that communication at the club is a problem. You could see that on the pitch top from the start of 2018.

3 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Point 1: Accommodating the fact there is an age gap and therefore a cultural gap between players and staff; especially considering the gap between millennials and those before them is actually quite significant. This happens in all organisations so we can't ignore that it would happen between club staff. LJ thinks the best way to close this gap is through compromise.

Point 2: We've played some damn good football and we have the core of how we want to play, but we are obviously nowhere near consistent enough with playing it and we need to get more players in that are capable of playing this style too. It's a direct comment towards our lack of squad depth, which in this context is more like many of the players signed don't fit it at all and we need to sign more.

There you go. Turns out spunking tens of thousands of pounds on a business degree makes you a good translator

Colin gets his point across and he is a dinosaur. **** me, some of his players must have needed a 70% shift, so 20% is far more generous Lee!

23 minutes ago, Distortia said:

You're right, so why the f * * * doesn't he just say that instead of spouting sh * te!

It's irritating beyond words (so I've used asterisks). As others allude to, a bit of plain speaking leaves no room for misunderstanding, whatever age you are. 

(apologies for the tone, not a pop at you in any way)

Archived