IGNORED

Villa v boro

Red Army 75

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You’ll not ever see a clearer red card. 

The logic is that the handball didn't prevent a goal or a clear goalscoring opportunity. Matter of judgment, of course, but it looked to me as if John Terry was going to clear it pretty comfortably, so I actually think the ref got that one right.

From the laws of the game. Red card for:

• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity

by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within

his own penalty area) 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Based on?

Fulham overturning a first leg deficit, Villa not scoring at home, big crowd, ideal opportunity, they couldn't do it. Villa didn't play any football, disappointing. Boro didn't do any better and didn't allow them. Disappointing game for me, sorry. Expected more.

Just now, BanburyRed said:

Fulham overturning a first leg deficit, Villa not scoring at home, big crowd, ideal opportunity, they couldn't do it. Villa didn't play any football, disappointing. Boro didn't do any better and didn't allow them. Disappointing game for me, sorry. Expected more.

None of that matters? Fulham are a great attacking team but they give you a chance.

16 minutes ago, lager loud said:

The logic is that the handball didn't prevent a goal or a clear goalscoring opportunity. Matter of judgment, of course, but it looked to me as if John Terry was going to clear it pretty comfortably, so I actually think the ref got that one right.

From the laws of the game. Red card for:

• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity

by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within

his own penalty area) 

Terry is getting nowhere near that. Shocker of a decision. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Terry is getting nowhere near that. Shocker of a decision. 

My immediate reaction was that he'd have got to it.  A bit less certain after watching the replays they've just shown - all in slow motion, though, which often makes things look different from seeing them at full speed.But I'm not convinced it's a shocker.

13 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I'm keen that Fulham win the final.

Fulham will be good wherever they play next season.  Villa, however, will implode if they stay in the Championship, in my opinion.

Not sure , Villa still have parachute payments left , Fulham don’t , think bar Terry they may well keep most players , Fulham though will lose Mitrovic as in loan , almost certainly Sessegnon and more than likely Cairney, and not sure the manager won’t be enticed away , add to that Fulham great away day so I’d rather see Villa go up 

In comparison to the Fulham v Derby game, that was boring as hell. 'Boro didn't look like scoring TBH until the foul (which should have been a red) and the resulting free kick.

I think the cottagers will have too much for Villa in the final but they have some wily old campaigners in their side so you never know.

56 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

If you believe the press he’s been linked with Chelsea for £30m :facepalm:

Tore us a new one mind but he’s abit of a headless chicken for me.

He has been showing signs of getting that end product right and is still young. So 30m is probably about right in this market. Very comparable to Zaha I think. He is just so quick and finds himself in so much space that his brain doesn’t slow down either. The game will get easier for him as he gets older and he is only 22/23! He has that ability to win a match on his own and I can see many suitors for him from the premier league(don’t think Chelsea would be a good fit just yet though). Perhaps if Zaha leaves an option? 

22 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Not sure , Villa still have parachute payments left , Fulham don’t , think bar Terry they may well keep most players , Fulham though will lose Mitrovic as in loan , almost certainly Sessegnon and more than likely Cairney, and not sure the manager won’t be enticed away , add to that Fulham great away day so I’d rather see Villa go up 

I have a sense that Villa have a lot of older players in their team.  Will they be up for yet another Championship slog?  I'm not sure.

Fulham is a great day out but Villa isn't bad either.

Archived