IGNORED

“My guest, your guest...”

Br 1st ol

On 15/05/2018 at 20:54, Br 1st ol said:

20man is great in so many ways, but for 18/19 he has to stop using this Alan Partridge language....

ha. I get wound up when he says 'tweet me on twitter'. 'Tweet me' Geoff, that's all you need to say. Or go the whole hog and add  'phone me on the phone' and 'email me by email'.

From a broadcasting and voice presentation point of view he does speak in a very strange way sometimes. Over/under emphasises certain words unnecessarily.

Likes to use ‘indeed’ too - how many times in real life do you say ‘thank you very much INDEED’ - never! Put someone on the radio and they say it constantly!

Apart from that’s I think he’s a great local journalist and does a very good job at being neutral despite Rovers connections. If anything I’d say he’s slightly biased towards us at times! 

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

From a broadcasting and voice presentation point of view he does speak in a very strange way sometimes. Over/under emphasises certain words unnecessarily.

Just like good old Roger. Malone used to. Do too.  

Whatever happened to MaloneFM, formerly of this parish, I wonder? 

GT is a good host. Kind of forget he was erstwhile a member of the hated moustache squad. 

The proof is in the pudding and the pudding in this case is a football.

In all seriousness I think GT is a very good broadcaster, comfortable behind the microphone and not afraid to ask the tough questions.

Steve Yabbsley on the other hand... my dear god - this man is the real life Alan Partridge!

19 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

In all seriousness I think GT is a very good broadcaster, comfortable behind the microphone and not afraid to ask the tough questions.

Steve Yabbsley on the other hand... my dear god - this man is the real life Alan Partridge!

Pedantry, I hate it, but it's "the proof of the pudding is in the eating". 

Why does football always get this one wrong? 

21 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

I disagree. At least Alan Partidge is listenable unlike that tosser Yabsley. Nothing but a Chris Morris wannabe with a tenth of the talent if that. One of the few `presenters` that I dislike so much I would rather turn the radio off than listen to his inane drivel, how the bloke keeps stealing a living is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I disagree. At least Alan Partidge is listenable unlike that tosser Yabsley. Nothing but a Chris Morris wannabe with a tenth of the talent if that. One of the few `presenters` that I dislike so much I would rather turn the radio off than listen to his inane drivel, how the bloke keeps stealing a living is beyond me.

I want to like this post repeatedly!

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 02:15, Phileas Fogg said:

Likes to use ‘indeed’ too

and 'Brilliant, Brilliant'. Says it when someone is getting to the end of their story, and he hasn't really been listening.

Heard one guest finishing a story with something about their dad having died, for 20man to come in with Brilliant, Brilliant!

oh, and 'great story, well told'

Still find him quite listenable though, and he has done well being respected by both sets of fans.

Archived