IGNORED

“My guest, your guest...”

Br 1st ol

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've heard him speak a couple of times. He's excellent at it. Very knowledgeable bloke.

I'd have though the ability to speak would be the bare minimum requirement for a radio presenter. ?

10 minutes ago, Mr Ed said:

I'd have though the ability to speak would be the bare minimum requirement for a radio presenter. ?

Well.......I've heard other presenters who aren't a patch on 20man. 

Its his pro footballer background that gives him the edge imv.

On 18/05/2018 at 19:26, Red Right Hand said:

I disagree. At least Alan Partidge is listenable unlike that tosser Yabsley. Nothing but a Chris Morris wannabe with a tenth of the talent if that. One of the few `presenters` that I dislike so much I would rather turn the radio off than listen to his inane drivel, how the bloke keeps stealing a living is beyond me.

I won't trash your post it as it's a personal opinion but I find Yabsley very funny: Pensoner Power Play!

Geoff T is excellent and his gentle pushing of Steve Hamer into a corner last season about youth players having to buy their own kits was a masterclass. 

That however was a daft idea for a forum; most people support a football team or a rugby team, not both, so the rugby fans weren't interested in the football talk and the football fans switched off for the rugby talk.   The rugby guys were articulate but I didn't really lsiten and wasn't sure whether it was the Bath coach or the Bristol coach talking at any one time; why not have the cricket teams on as well and really make it a total dogs' breakfast?

Darren Way was far more amusing than I have previously heard him be.

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I won't trash your post it as it's a personal opinion but I find Yabsley very funny: Pensoner Power Play!

Geoff T is excellent and his gentle pushing of Steve Hamer into a corner last season about youth players having to buy their own kits was a masterclass. 

That however was a daft idea for a forum; most people support a football team or a rugby team, not both, so the rugby fans weren't interested in the football talk and the football fans switched off for the rugby talk.   The rugby guys were articulate but I didn't really lsiten and wasn't sure whether it was the Bath coach or the Bristol coach talking at any one time; why not have the cricket teams on as well and really make it a total dogs' breakfast?

You know you're in for a bit of quality radio when this character pops up......i just can't get past the mental picture of Wurzel Gummidge when i hear him !

Plemmuff  'janner' enee ?

Go does a very good job. Do not forget that he is not some smart as university graduate who uses all the correct words and phrases. He is a retired professional footballer, the son of a professional footballer. I don't know what if any training he had before joining RB, but I've always found him fair and not too biased in favour of the Gas. 

Rather him than a well spoken one who knows sod all about professional sport. 

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

DW would've had his jokes stored up - a tick list. Least funny man I've met.

Archived