IGNORED

I Have Had Enough And I’m Off

Bob Binalong

I have been an avid reader of OTIB and a very occasional contributor for several years but I must say now, I have had enough and I’m off.  The forum has been completely taken over by people who profess to hate Lee Johnson and everything about the club. Not a topic is posted on here that does not attract somebody who blames LJ, Bristol Sport or Steve Lansdown for it.

The final straw for me was when LJ was criticised for what he SAID in the Geoff Twentyman interview BEFORE it had taken place.  Every topic seems to degenerate into a diatribe on at least one of the following, He:

·       was a useless footballer who only got into any side because his father was the manager

·       is a bad coach

·       is too short

·       won’t publicly confess to every mistake he makes

·       didn’t get every team selection right

·       didn’t get any substitutions right

·       signed over 30 players for millions of pounds, none of whom are any good

·       only has a half decent team because Cotterill left him the spine

·       giggles

·       oversaw a fall off in form

·       uses long words and jargon

·       didn’t get us promoted

·       stopped us enjoying a season long fight against relegation

·       introduced Southville parking restrictions (good job we didn’t get promoted then)

·       prevented us getting a train station at Ashton Halt

·       ruined the Metrobus and the Park and Ride

·       measures the grass

·       uses drones

·       fools bookies into making him a low priced option for managerial vacancies

·       was responsible for the relegation of Barnsley and Oldham

Add to that the constant harping on that Bristol Sport has drained the soul from our club by:
  • Developing the ground beyond all recognition to one that is the envy of many in the Premier League
  • Upgrading training facilities
  • Taking away the fun of queuing next to the dustbins and outside the smelly toilets to buy and eat an indifferent pie
  • Removing the pleasure of standing for an hour in the rain before kick off so that you could get pushed around and get an imperfect view of a match
  • Providing a pitch that looks as good in May as it did in August
  • Removing the fun of attending matches with the prime reason of inflicting GBH on anyone who looked remotely like an opposition supporter (What fun we had in the  1970s and 80s)
  • Replacing coded tin sheets with WiFi and loud speaker announcements to get half time scores
  • Employing people who wear suits. How much better life was when clubs were run by inarticulate former players who learnt about management by heading a heavy leather ball for 15 years
  • Bringing highest crowds ever in the all-seating era
  • Changing things

Steve Lansdown is also completely flawed because he:
  • doesn’t understand football
  • won’t spend money and always takes the cheap option
  • won’t break FFP rules
  • won’t spend money on linguists
  • makes us pay more for season tickets (easier to spend other people’s money)
  • sacks people we like
  • lives in Guernsey
  • only employs Yes Men
  • only employs his son
  • employs Mark Ashton
  • appointed LJ
  • won’t sack LJ

And just before I go why must you all ‘hate’ and ‘despise’ or ‘detest’ other clubs and managers.  I don’t hate the Gas but I get a real buzz when they lose and when they are relegated. Similarly I would have smiled if Fulham had beaten Cardiff/Colin to automatic promotion. It’s more schadenfreude.  Perhaps that is too long a word for most of you on here who seem to think that writing **** and **** isn’t swearing.

Bob Binalong has left the building

I'm going to be keeping posting for the time being but, if I ever choose to stop posting, I will be sure to make a thread announcing it. Unless I've already stopped posting by that point.

On that note, this thread has made me aware that I am not sure about anyone else's intentions around posting. If anyone else has decided to continue posting, I'd be really grateful if you'd announce that below, just so we're all aware of what everyone is doing.

I'm afraid I agree, with most of what's been said. This forum is not fit for purpose anymore. And I for one am fed up with the teenage rants that are frequently posted. What happened to intelligent debate? I rarely post these days, and only occasionally bother to log in at all! It's a shame, but I definitely think it's got worse over the last few years.  And I for one don't need the negativity in my life! 

Bob, it's a forum and if you felt so strongly you could have argued your points on the relevant threads rather than flouncing off with a departing rant.

As it is you haven't contributed enough to OTIB to be missed.

Ta ra then.

Hilariously a lot of the points in your first tirade are well articulated criticisms of LJ as a manager/head coach/coach.

Instead of storming off the forum in a huff you could've argued the case in a mature manner befitting a normal adult. Instead you'd rather throw your toys out the pram.

51 minutes ago, Bob Binalong said:

·       was a useless footballer who only got into any side because his father was the manager

Good Players dont become always become good managers. So that is pure bullshit.

·       is a bad coach

Decent Coach,  Below-average manager.

·       is too short

Can apply to anyone

He doesnt confess to any mistakes!

Applies to any manager. The issue is his selections from Jan onwards have been crap. Paterson shouldve been dropped due to his performances every game bar Sheff Utd.

Not recently i.e. Millwall, Brentford, Forest, Hull.

·       signed over 30 players for millions of pounds, none of whom are any good

Of whom 5 have shown they're good enough, debeatably.

Sums it up tbh. He still hasnt sorted out CM, RB, or GK.

·       giggles

He does. Nervously usually.

Try car crash.

The term is management speak. And he does, usually to avoid giving factual information or answering GT's questions. Get enough of that off MPs.

I don't have an issue with that. But play offs would of been a nice finish.

He did. And that's one of the few areas where he gets credit. 

·       introduced Southville parking restrictions (good job we didn’t get promoted then)

Think thats more people bashing the council.

Council.

Council.

Err..

·       uses drones

·       fools bookies into making him a low priced option for managerial vacancies

Add to that the constant harping on that Bristol Sport has drained the soul from our club by:

All petty whining.

Main contentious issues relate to ticket pricing and fan communication (FAN, Adam Baker, etc.)

• only employs Yes Men
  • employs Mark Ashton
  • appointed LJ
  • won’t sack LJ

On statistical evidence and facts, these four points are debatably true. Arguably as stated the ticket pricing is more likely Bristol Sport. (JL)

And just before I go why must you all ‘hate’ and ‘despise’ or ‘detest’ other clubs and managers.  

I wouldn't say I hate or despise another manager or club outside Rovers, Cardiff, and Swindon.

Goodbye?

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Ta ra then.

Hilariously a lot of the points in your first tirade are well articulated criticisms of LJ as a manager/head coach/coach.

Instead of storming off the forum in a huff you could've argued the case in a mature manner befitting a normal adult. Instead you'd rather throw your toys out the pram.

I could have sworn you said you were also going to take a break from the forum a few days ago?

55 minutes ago, Bob Binalong said:

I have been an avid reader of OTIB and a very occasional contributor for several years but I must say now, I have had enough and I’m off.  The forum has been completely taken over by people who profess to hate Lee Johnson and everything about the club. Not a topic is posted on here that does not attract somebody who blames LJ, Bristol Sport or Steve Lansdown for it.

The final straw for me was when LJ was criticised for what he SAID in the Geoff Twentyman interview BEFORE it had taken place.  Every topic seems to degenerate into a diatribe on at least one of the following, He:

·       is a bad coach

·       is too short

·       giggles

·       uses drones

• Developing the ground beyond all recognition to one that is the envy of many in the Premier League
  • Taking away the fun of queuing next to the dustbins and outside the smelly toilets to buy and eat an indifferent pie
  • Removing the pleasure of standing for an hour in the rain before kick off so that you could get pushed around and get an imperfect view of a match
  • Removing the fun of attending matches with the prime reason of inflicting GBH on anyone who looked remotely like an opposition supporter (What fun we had in the  1970s and 80s)
  • Replacing coded tin sheets with WiFi and loud speaker announcements to get half time scores
  • Employing people who wear suits. How much better life was when clubs were run by inarticulate former players who learnt about management by heading a heavy leather ball for 15 years
  • Changing things

• won’t break FFP rules
  • sacks people we like
  • lives in Guernsey
  • only employs Yes Men
  • only employs his son
  • employs Mark Ashton
  • appointed LJ
  • won’t sack LJ

And just before I go why must you all ‘hate’ and ‘despise’ or ‘detest’ other clubs and managers.  I don’t hate the Gas but I get a real buzz when they lose and when they are relegated. Similarly I would have smiled if Fulham had beaten Cardiff/Colin to automatic promotion. It’s more schadenfreude.  Perhaps that is too long a word for most of you on here who seem to think that writing **** and **** isn’t swearing.

Stop.jpg

19 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Bob, it's a forum and if you felt so strongly you could have argued your points on the relevant threads rather than flouncing off with a departing rant.

As it is you haven't contributed enough to OTIB to be missed.

You can't argue, debate any point as long as it's in favour of sacking Lee, The Owner, The MD, or anything else that is rotten to the Core with this club. Time some actually tested their City credentials if you ask me.  

3 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I could have sworn you said you were also going to take a break from the forum a few days ago?

Got us bang to rights there haha!

Wasn't wrapped up in a tirade throwing my toys out the pram though. Said I wanted a break from everything City related, including OTIB. The OTIB part didnt last long but I'll be staying away from City for a bit.

59 minutes ago, Bob Binalong said:

·       is a bad coach

·       is too short

·       giggles

·       uses drones

• Changing things

• won’t break FFP rules
  • sacks people we like
  • lives in Guernsey
  • only employs Yes Men
  • only employs his son
  • employs Mark Ashton
  • appointed LJ
  • won’t sack LJ

Post of the year... see you lot of whingers , take note, banged to rights. Ha! Ha!

Got to agree with many here, if you don’t like what’s said then speak out. If you find topics boring, then create one, it couldn’t be easier. Argue, debate, put your point forward...but at least have an opinion. There is nothing worse in my opinion than sitting back and saying nothing and then finally logging on to moan or criticise  those that do

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Got us bang to rights there haha!

Wasn't wrapped up in a tirade throwing my toys out the pram though. Said I wanted a break from everything City related, including OTIB. The OTIB part didnt last long but I'll be staying away from City for a bit.

Oi! The expression banged to rights was mine...cheek.  

Archived