IGNORED

I Have Had Enough And I’m Off

Bob Binalong

1 hour ago, Bob Binalong said:

I have been an avid reader of OTIB and a very occasional contributor for several years but I must say now, I have had enough and I’m off.  The forum has been completely taken over by people who profess to hate Lee Johnson and everything about the club. Not a topic is posted on here that does not attract somebody who blames LJ, Bristol Sport or Steve Lansdown for it.

The final straw for me was when LJ was criticised for what he SAID in the Geoff Twentyman interview BEFORE it had taken place.  Every topic seems to degenerate into a diatribe on at least one of the following, He:

·       was a useless footballer who only got into any side because his father was the manager

·       is a bad coach

·       is too short

·       won’t publicly confess to every mistake he makes

·       didn’t get every team selection right

·       didn’t get any substitutions right

·       signed over 30 players for millions of pounds, none of whom are any good

·       only has a half decent team because Cotterill left him the spine

·       giggles

·       oversaw a fall off in form

·       uses long words and jargon

·       didn’t get us promoted

·       stopped us enjoying a season long fight against relegation

·       introduced Southville parking restrictions (good job we didn’t get promoted then)

·       prevented us getting a train station at Ashton Halt

·       ruined the Metrobus and the Park and Ride

·       measures the grass

·       uses drones

·       fools bookies into making him a low priced option for managerial vacancies

·       was responsible for the relegation of Barnsley and Oldham

Add to that the constant harping on that Bristol Sport has drained the soul from our club by:

• Developing the ground beyond all recognition to one that is the envy of many in the Premier League
  • Upgrading training facilities
  • Taking away the fun of queuing next to the dustbins and outside the smelly toilets to buy and eat an indifferent pie
  • Removing the pleasure of standing for an hour in the rain before kick off so that you could get pushed around and get an imperfect view of a match
  • Providing a pitch that looks as good in May as it did in August
  • Removing the fun of attending matches with the prime reason of inflicting GBH on anyone who looked remotely like an opposition supporter (What fun we had in the  1970s and 80s)
  • Replacing coded tin sheets with WiFi and loud speaker announcements to get half time scores
  • Employing people who wear suits. How much better life was when clubs were run by inarticulate former players who learnt about management by heading a heavy leather ball for 15 years
  • Bringing highest crowds ever in the all-seating era
  • Changing things

Steve Lansdown is also completely flawed because he:

• doesn’t understand football
  • won’t spend money and always takes the cheap option
  • won’t break FFP rules
  • won’t spend money on linguists
  • makes us pay more for season tickets (easier to spend other people’s money)
  • sacks people we like
  • lives in Guernsey
  • only employs Yes Men
  • only employs his son
  • employs Mark Ashton
  • appointed LJ
  • won’t sack LJ

And just before I go why must you all ‘hate’ and ‘despise’ or ‘detest’ other clubs and managers.  I don’t hate the Gas but I get a real buzz when they lose and when they are relegated. Similarly I would have smiled if Fulham had beaten Cardiff/Colin to automatic promotion. It’s more schadenfreude.  Perhaps that is too long a word for most of you on here who seem to think that writing **** and **** isn’t swearing.

Bob Binalong has left the building

I think forums are wasted on you mate. You make some decent points but you’ve gone the wrong way about it..

30 minutes ago, RedM said:

Got to agree with many here, if you don’t like what’s said then speak out. If you find topics boring, then create one, it couldn’t be easier. Argue, debate, put your point forward...but at least have an opinion. There is nothing worse in my opinion than sitting back and saying nothing and then finally logging on to moan or criticise  those that do

I've got an opinion but I'll keep it to myself for the time being. OK? 

Oh, alright then. Johnson Out! 

38 minutes ago, RedM said:

Got to agree with many here, if you don’t like what’s said then speak out. If you find topics boring, then create one, it couldn’t be easier. Argue, debate, put your point forward...but at least have an opinion. There is nothing worse in my opinion than sitting back and saying nothing and then finally logging on to moan or criticise  those that do

‘Like” - quite strange that the OP has such dislike for people on here debating relevant, current issues surrounding our club....it’s a forum isn’t it?! Don’t recognise the username anyway so they didn’t contribute much anyway...

Someone had to say it

im not arsed to post normally - sometimes I read the threads on here and wonder why people even bother to support the team. They hate Bristol sport. They hate the owner and his team. They hate the manager. Even the players get shat on for a bad game.

You have to ask yourself - if you have so much hatred for the club you claim to support why bother ? 

Pinheads

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

This is the forum equivalent of a teenager posting a Facebook status saying they're deleting their profile to see if their mates beg them to stay.

Bye then.

He got a hell of a lot of likes for it. He articulated himself very well. And I feel very similar. Shame as there are some decent posters who are well worth reading and others that are very amusing. But unfortunately ( for me) the good ones are now the minority, and the forum has been taken over by attention-seekers, self-righteousness and negativity. I’ve made a conscious decision to move on from OTIB  (although I’ll probably have the odd cheeky look).

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I have never criticised Johnson for being too short.

Although if he were to contemplate a career change to become a player for the Bristol Flyers I might advise against!

Even Johnson himself has implied he could have done with a few more inches at Millwall. 

2 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

I'm afraid I agree, with most of what's been said. This forum is not fit for purpose anymore. And I for one am fed up with the teenage rants that are frequently posted. What happened to intelligent debate? I rarely post these days, and only occasionally bother to log in at all! It's a shame, but I definitely think it's got worse over the last few years.  And I for one don't need the negativity in my life! 

Isn't this a kind of petty teenage rant? 

If you hate this place so much do us all a favour and disappear quietly 

• Admin
25 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Bob Binalong might have left the building, but with only 48 posts in two years I must admit I didn’t notice him enter it.

Can’t say I’m particularly impressed with a rant about the quality of debate from someone who has contributed so little to it.

You beat me to it @ChippenhamRed, never noticed this poster before. Noticed last reply was last year 

Had to laugh at this one Bob...

fools bookies into making him a low priced option for managerial vacancies

Pretty sure LJ was second fave for the WBA job.

Oh Bob. I will pray for you and set you up a JustGiving to pay for you to go to Barcelona and see the Nou Camp. Messi might cheer you up.

#Pray4Bob

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

The response was to be predicted, but the OP makes some good points. A lot of threads on OTIB head down the same road, regardless of topic.

Maybe those around the club should take note of the rising discontent? 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm not down with the kids anymore.

Does that OP qualify as being a snowflake or a gammon?

I struggle to keep up.

Love this, branded a ‘snowflake’ when all the things he has listed are demonstrations of how people on this forum are also being massive ‘snowflakes’ 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Maybe those around the club should take note of the rising discontent? 

Very unlikely. The discontent from a percentage of posters here on otib isn't going to make an iota of difference.

Tbh, I don't really get the rational behind the angst and vitriol aimed at LJ.

Last season was the best in several seasons, more goals, some terrific football, a very impressive EFL cup run only losing to PL champions and EFL cup winners.  A mid table finish with no relegation worries. Pretty damn good imv.

The second half of the campaign was disappointing but overall I've enjoyed the season and yet LJ still get unnecessary criticism. I just don't get it..............:dunno:

23 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Had to laugh at this one Bob...

Pretty sure LJ was second fave for the WBA job.

Oh Bob. I will pray for you and set you up a JustGiving to pay for you to go to Barcelona and see the Nou Camp. Messi might cheer you up.

#Pray4Bob

I think you’re missing the point. He LIKES Bristol City. OTIB doesn’t seem to.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Very unlikely. The discontent from a percentage of posters here on otib isn't going to make an iota of difference.

Tbh, I don't really get the rational behind the angst and vitriol aimed at LJ.

Last season was the best in several seasons, more goals, some terrific football, a very impressive EFL cup run only losing to PL champions and EFL cup winners.  A mid table finish with no relegation worries. Pretty damn good imv.

The second half of the campaign was disappointing but overall I've enjoyed the season and yet LJ still get unnecessary criticism. I just don't get it..............:dunno:

Nor me.

Absolutely spot on. He’s bound to get stick because some people don’t like to hear the truth about themselves. But this forum can barely be called a forum of Bristol City supporters, it’s a forum of lots of people who seem to be having a bad day that’s lasted about 40 years. 

3 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

I'm afraid I agree, with most of what's been said. This forum is not fit for purpose anymore. And I for one am fed up with the teenage rants that are frequently posted. What happened to intelligent debate? I rarely post these days, and only occasionally bother to log in at all! It's a shame, but I definitely think it's got worse over the last few years.  And I for one don't need the negativity in my life! 

Teenage rants? Debatable. Many of the more stupid comments I read on here typically begin with 'I've been going AG for >20 years', followed by a long ramble of what would happen in the 'good old days', and then some obscure reference to some TV show that presumably was barely funny 35 years ago and definitely isn't funny now. Many of the posters here that are around my age range (I'm 21) actually post good and thought-provoking stuff; or at least as thought-provoking as you can get when writing about football. I also feel that many of the lifers on the forum shut these people down quite unfairly.

I completely agree with the OP, this forum has unfortunately gone way down hill in the last few years, some of the threads wouldn’t look out of place on that dreadful Facebook group...

It’s a shame as once upon a time it was a very forum.

Archived