IGNORED

I Have Had Enough And I’m Off

Bob Binalong

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:
Here's the 'hilarious' definition:
(Noun/mass noun): A term used to describe a particular type of Brexit-voting, middle-aged white male, whose meat-faced complexion suggests they are perilously close to a stroke.

The term 'gammon' is linked to the unhealthy pink skin tone of such stout yeomen, probably because of high blood pressure caused by decades of 'PC gone mad', being defeated in arguments about the non-existent merits of Brexit and women getting the vote.

Gammon often make their appearance on BBC's Question Time jabbing their porcine fingers at the camera while demanding immediate nuclear strikes against Remain-voting areas, people who eat vegetables and/or cyclists.

When gammon appears en masse it is often referred to as a "wall of gammon".
Did you see Question Time last night? It was absolutely rammed with gammon.

Some random gammon started posting "Ingland 4 the Inglish! granit brexit now" all over my mum's Facebook.

Oi, gammon, pipe down or you'll do yourself a mischief.

Love it! 

9 minutes ago, big p said:

Are new posters not allowed an opinion? 

Of course they are, just as much as anyone else be it a view you or me agree with. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Is that what he said? 

Read what I said again,I asked a question..

Just seams to me that obviously people are getting fed up about so called supporters running their club down so they sign up and make a point...But of course they must be working for Bs.

The season just gone was very 50:50. Evenly split between brilliant and crap.

You could look at the first half, and the improvement on the season before in finishing 11th, and turn a blind eye to the 4 wins in 22 that followed, and quite reasonably decide: jolly good. Well done all.

Or, you could look at the second half, and the slide from 2nd to not even a play off place, and forget the excitement up to the Wolves game, and quite reasonably conclude: very poor. Answers please.

The positive posters do tend to get mobbed/swamped by the negative nellies, I think that's fair to say. And much of the criticism is repetitive but there is well-thought through and intelligent criticism in amongst the more emotional, irrational stuff. But dwelling on the bad stuff more than the good stuff is a feature of human nature. 

We had - or thought we had - something exciting within our grasp, or there to strive for, and we were, frankly, pathetic in the second half of the season. We played in a way that allowed people to suggest we weren't interested in going up. Coupled with Ashton's "not specifically targetting promotion" as reported by the Post, and the loans of Diony and Kent, is it any great surprise that the mood has been a bit sour on here? 

5 minutes ago, big p said:

Just seams to me that obviously people are getting fed up about so called supporters running their club down so they sign up and make a point...But of course they must be working for Bs.

I did read it again. Nobody suggested new posters weren't allowed to voice an opinion but you asked if that was the case.

If new posters are signing up to voice disquiet with the sentiment on OTIB, that's good news. Some of the best posters on here are very supportive of BS, LJ and SL. 

2 minutes ago, big p said:

I did say despite even me surprised at the level of new posters this week there is no conspiracy like that that’s actually got any truth to it :) 

Interesting to note  that a few that have ‘ appeared from the dead’  havnt any points to make , or explanation as to why they see things so rosy

Their only contribution , somewhat ironically , is to

Criticise and moan ........... about ..........moaning and criticism ..........

ok then

14 minutes ago, RumRed said:

They are but you have to admit it looks odd, and the same thing happened last season.

They also couldn’t spell..

Wouldn't new posters not having an opinion be odd? :blink:  If you haven't got an opinion, you don't need to sign up to view the posts.

You presumably sign up to voice an opinion.

But excuse me, on you go with the BS conspiracy.  BS being the operative words.

9 hours ago, Bob Binalong said:

I have been an avid reader of OTIB and a very occasional contributor for several years but I must say now, I have had enough and I’m off.  The forum has been completely taken over by people who profess to hate Lee Johnson and everything about the club. Not a topic is posted on here that does not attract somebody who blames LJ, Bristol Sport or Steve Lansdown for it.

The final straw for me was when LJ was criticised for what he SAID in the Geoff Twentyman interview BEFORE it had taken place.  Every topic seems to degenerate into a diatribe on at least one of the following, He:

·       was a useless footballer who only got into any side because his father was the manager

·       is a bad coach

·       is too short

·       won’t publicly confess to every mistake he makes

·       didn’t get every team selection right

·       didn’t get any substitutions right

·       signed over 30 players for millions of pounds, none of whom are any good

·       only has a half decent team because Cotterill left him the spine

·       giggles

·       oversaw a fall off in form

·       uses long words and jargon

·       didn’t get us promoted

·       stopped us enjoying a season long fight against relegation

·       introduced Southville parking restrictions (good job we didn’t get promoted then)

·       prevented us getting a train station at Ashton Halt

·       ruined the Metrobus and the Park and Ride

·       measures the grass

·       uses drones

·       fools bookies into making him a low priced option for managerial vacancies

·       was responsible for the relegation of Barnsley and Oldham

Add to that the constant harping on that Bristol Sport has drained the soul from our club by:

• Developing the ground beyond all recognition to one that is the envy of many in the Premier League
  • Upgrading training facilities
  • Taking away the fun of queuing next to the dustbins and outside the smelly toilets to buy and eat an indifferent pie
  • Removing the pleasure of standing for an hour in the rain before kick off so that you could get pushed around and get an imperfect view of a match
  • Providing a pitch that looks as good in May as it did in August
  • Removing the fun of attending matches with the prime reason of inflicting GBH on anyone who looked remotely like an opposition supporter (What fun we had in the  1970s and 80s)
  • Replacing coded tin sheets with WiFi and loud speaker announcements to get half time scores
  • Employing people who wear suits. How much better life was when clubs were run by inarticulate former players who learnt about management by heading a heavy leather ball for 15 years
  • Bringing highest crowds ever in the all-seating era
  • Changing things

Steve Lansdown is also completely flawed because he:

• doesn’t understand football
  • won’t spend money and always takes the cheap option
  • won’t break FFP rules
  • won’t spend money on linguists
  • makes us pay more for season tickets (easier to spend other people’s money)
  • sacks people we like
  • lives in Guernsey
  • only employs Yes Men
  • only employs his son
  • employs Mark Ashton
  • appointed LJ
  • won’t sack LJ

And just before I go why must you all ‘hate’ and ‘despise’ or ‘detest’ other clubs and managers.  I don’t hate the Gas but I get a real buzz when they lose and when they are relegated. Similarly I would have smiled if Fulham had beaten Cardiff/Colin to automatic promotion. It’s more schadenfreude.  Perhaps that is too long a word for most of you on here who seem to think that writing **** and **** isn’t swearing.

Bob Binalong has left the building

Hear, hear!

30 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting to note  that a few that have ‘ appeared from the dead’  havnt any points to make , or explanation as to why they see things so rosy

Their only contribution , somewhat ironically , is to

Criticise and moan ........... about ..........moaning and criticism ..........

ok then

13 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

Hear, hear!

:juggle:

It’s ‘ Here , Here ‘ by the way , and normally completed with the phrase ‘Old Chap’

Thanks for your input 

The renowned writer Charlie Brooker once said:

"There's no point debating anything online. You might as well hurl shoes in the air to knock clouds from the sky. The internet's perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain't one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:juggle:

It’s ‘ Here , Here ‘ by the way , and normally completed with the phrase ‘Old Chap’

Thanks for your input 

I imagine the conversation at BS HQ went like this:

Mark: Johnnie, get yourself on OTIB and say "Here, here, old chap" to Bob's post

Johnnie considers Mark a bit familiar with the "old chap" part but responds:

Johnnie: But I haven't got an OTIB account

Mark: Ohhh.  Gaz, you got an OTIB account

Gaz: <excitedly> Oh yes, I've been on there for years

Gaz's voice trails off as he realises what a horrible mistake he has just made.

Mark takes a notepad from his pocket and scribbles a few notes and glaring he says:

Mark: Right, Johnnie you use Gaz's logon, add "Here, here, old chap".  Gaz, I'd like a word.

Johnnie wonders what "Hear, hear" means and why he's an old chap.

Anyone require a stoat?  They’ve been breeding like buggers here.  I’ve been waiting for the most pointless and posie throwing, Jane Austen flounce OP to offer them up.

I think this is the one.

roll up roll up get yer stoats here!

Now where’s our Swedish contingent, bet they’re gagging for some right now, must be cold and lonely out there.

10 hours ago, Bob Binalong said:

I have been an avid reader of OTIB and a very occasional contributor for several years but I must say now, I have had enough and I’m off.  The forum has been completely taken over by people who profess to hate Lee Johnson and everything about the club. Not a topic is posted on here that does not attract somebody who blames LJ, Bristol Sport or Steve Lansdown for it.

The final straw for me was when LJ was criticised for what he SAID in the Geoff Twentyman interview BEFORE it had taken place.  Every topic seems to degenerate into a diatribe on at least one of the following, He:

·       was a useless footballer who only got into any side because his father was the manager

·       is a bad coach

·       is too short

·       signed over 30 players for millions of pounds, none of whom are any good

·       giggles

·       introduced Southville parking restrictions (good job we didn’t get promoted then)

·       uses drones

·       fools bookies into making him a low priced option for managerial vacancies

Add to that the constant harping on that Bristol Sport has drained the soul from our club by:

• Developing the ground beyond all recognition to one that is the envy of many in the Premier League
  • Taking away the fun of queuing next to the dustbins and outside the smelly toilets to buy and eat an indifferent pie
  • Removing the pleasure of standing for an hour in the rain before kick off so that you could get pushed around and get an imperfect view of a match
  • Removing the fun of attending matches with the prime reason of inflicting GBH on anyone who looked remotely like an opposition supporter (What fun we had in the  1970s and 80s)
  • Replacing coded tin sheets with WiFi and loud speaker announcements to get half time scores
  • Employing people who wear suits. How much better life was when clubs were run by inarticulate former players who learnt about management by heading a heavy leather ball for 15 years
  • Changing things

• won’t break FFP rules
  • sacks people we like
  • lives in Guernsey
  • only employs Yes Men
  • only employs his son
  • employs Mark Ashton
  • appointed LJ
  • won’t sack LJ

And just before I go why must you all ‘hate’ and ‘despise’ or ‘detest’ other clubs and managers.  I don’t hate the Gas but I get a real buzz when they lose and when they are relegated. Similarly I would have smiled if Fulham had beaten Cardiff/Colin to automatic promotion. It’s more schadenfreude.  Perhaps that is too long a word for most of you on here who seem to think that writing **** and **** isn’t swearing.

Cheerio then.

10 hours ago, Bob Binalong said:

·       is a bad coach

·       is too short

·       giggles

·       uses drones

• Changing things

• won’t break FFP rules
  • sacks people we like
  • lives in Guernsey
  • only employs Yes Men
  • only employs his son
  • employs Mark Ashton
  • appointed LJ
  • won’t sack LJ

That's a really long post if you quote the whole thing.

The op does have a point, most of the posts are very negative and boring and are from the usual suspects but that’s the nature of forums I suppose, I tend to head straight to the Rovers dustbin thread for a bit of light relief, only my opinion mind

I think there is something positive about the criticism supposedly the majority of posters hereabouts exhibit.

Here's why:

Without question we are the biggest, most consistent, best resourced under achievers in the history of The Football League. It's not a recent thing, it's lasted the half century I've been watching 'My Babbies' ( actually longer than that,) it's a fact, so get over it;

The more adroit, sagacious, au courant are more likely to be criticial as they naturally strive to improve themselves, to be better, to advance. Those who adhere to the doctrine those in red should ne'er be criticised, should ever be applauded, should remain as Huxley in Gaza, well, like the meek and Corbynistas they'll claim the moral high-ground yet live and die in the shadow of despair and failure.

Critical is good - it demonstrates I'll-content and dissatisfaction and 11th in the second tier they've every reason to be.

3 hours ago, RumRed said:

That’s bullshit!  The idea that people want LJ to fail is rubbish.  I loved our first half of the season and gave LJ the thumbs up, second half was shit.

It’s almost as if the BS employees have started to activate their accounts again...

How many of these posts today have no posting history or only joined in our last bad run. :nono:

FFS this club can’t even organise a convincing cyber attack.

No, just a supporter.  Sorry that doesn't suit the agenda!

Forum is what you'd expect after that season, expectations raised, then relegation form. Whilst it's not always articulated well, the LJ trait of long bad runs, rather than blips, is worrying, and the poor run in 2018 is worrying for next season. It's hardly unfair to say that January transfers were not a success and substitutions were bizarre at times.

Forum can be negative, lot of frustration, but just ignore the drivel and read the good stuff. Not that difficult really.

Think positively, it looks a reasonable bet that City won't be taking up the option to buy Diony.

I don’t hate LJ and I want him to succeed with this club but he needs to learn faster. I’d love for him to be a success at this club next season is massive for him. SL is right to hold back on big transfer fees and wages maybe when we’re a top 6 team things will change.

everyone is entitled to an opinion and the poster has some decent points but we stick with this club through thick and thin we are Bristol City FC

Have a look on any football club forum.

Tiny number of people relative to the fan base post regularly .

Mostly total over the the top drivel posted.

Most fans avoid altogether or have a quick look sometimes.

Many on here only criticise and very few debate. 

I don't blame the OP for leaving as he joins the very large majority of Bristol City fans-who talk and discuss their live for the club in other ways than this 'media for the minority'

OP has summarised a lot of the distasteful and disgraceful comments made about Lj, MA, SL but it is still worth stay g on the forum to see what whingers still find to be sad about. 

I am in the building and looking forward to reading negative crap about our next seasons prospects. 

HR

7 hours ago, RumRed said:

Anyone require a stoat?  They’ve been breeding like buggers here.  I’ve been waiting for the most pointless and posie throwing, Jane Austen flounce OP to offer them up.

I think this is the one.

roll up roll up get yer stoats here!

Now where’s our Swedish contingent, bet they’re gagging for some right now, must be cold and lonely out there.

More of a weasel man myself....you can fit them down your trousers more easily.

Archived