IGNORED

Eros Pisano

pl00peh91

LJ made reference to Eros not being able to communicate basic football terms like “man on” on the pitch as he isn’t good enough at English? Eros was out with a serious injury for months.... I find it concerning that he didn’t appear to put much effort into learning some basic footballing terms whilst he was injured. Just because you’re physically unable to do anything doesn’t mean you shouldn’t develop in other aspects and more emphasis should have been put on requiring Eros to take English lessons whilst he was away (make it a part time job whilst he physically rehabilitated) which would have allowed him to communicate better on his return.

1 hour ago, pl00peh91 said:

LJ made reference to Eros not being able to communicate basic football terms like “man on” on the pitch as he isn’t good enough at English? Eros was out with a serious injury for months.... I find it concerning that he didn’t appear to put much effort into learning some basic footballing terms whilst he was injured. Just because you’re physically unable to do anything doesn’t mean you shouldn’t develop in other aspects and more emphasis should have been put on requiring Eros to take English lessons whilst he was away (make it a part time job whilst he physically rehabilitated) which would have allowed him to communicate better on his return.

Christ what a little Hitler you are!!!

I had a manager like you once gave it all the just because **** is *** you can still do work.

15 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

more concerning that his wife is American, so there isn't even a need to employ someone for this. Just ask her to teach him.

not rocket

exactly this, or even his little kiddie who is schooled locally.

There must be a lot of English being spoken at home, so either he completely ignores it, or LJ is being economical with the truth...

3 minutes ago, devoncider said:

exactly this, or even his little kiddie who is schooled locally.

There must be a lot of English being spoken at home, so either he completely ignores it, or LJ is being economical with the truth...

Before the lad got injured his English was good enough to complain that the game in England was 'too fast' much to the amusement of his team mates.

I think he is probably more than capable of picking up the limited number of phrases required.

Interestingly, this 'communication' issue, in the general sense, not just specific to Eros, wasn't a problem prior to Christmas.........

I read something about Pisano myself and I didn’t interpret it the same way. He said Pisano could be a leader on the pitch but shouting out things in an instant doesn’t come naturally as it is not his first language. He speaks ok english as it is so I don’t see the need for this thread. Ended the season horribly but that doesn’t mean everything needs to be a negative ffs

5 minutes ago, bris red said:

Another Lee Johnson lie to cover up his inept management :yes:

...is the correct answer

The whole interview was a PR-esq response blaming everything but his recruitment,selection, tactics,and motivation skills as has already been discussed.

I'm less concerned with Pisano's apparent inability to master the krek waiters beak bristle than the utter lack of communication between the brain and feet of Engvall, Eliasson, Woodrow ( insert WeeLee panic buy here.........)

2 hours ago, erndogz said:

Google translate tells me it's "Amico"

Perhaps the players could learn a bit of Italian, for example  Frankie could shout this  just before he takes a goal kick:-

Ho intenzione di calciare la palla tra la folla (I am going to kick the ball into the crowd), sometimes abbreviated to Averlo! ('ave it!).

When I heard saying about this in his interview I was gobsmacked. We have had loads of players to whom English is a second language (some of the foreign players have had problems with English too...), Kodjia barely knew a word of English when he arrived. If this has been a problem in the past, surely it would have been addressed many years ago, ie the early 90s days of Jackie and Ray Atteveld or even the late 70s/early 80s when we had Swedish, Finnish and Dutch players.

To me its a made up story, typical LJ way of coming out with some random BS to try and deflect the blame from himself.

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

I'm less concerned with Pisano's apparent inability to master the krek waiters beak bristle than the utter lack of communication between the brain and feet of Engvall, Eliasson, Woodrow ( insert WeeLee panic buy here.........)

Haha, you forgot hegeler, kent, leko, walsh, diony, geifer moore and taylor too.

i actually think those players are tremendous, and their dna is superb, and they were given more than adequate opportunities to prove their worth in the first team.

2 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Perhaps the players could learn a bit of Italian, for example  Frankie could shout this  just before he takes a goal kick:-

Ho intenzione di calciare la palla tra la folla (I am going to kick the ball into the crowd), sometimes abbreviated to Averlo! ('ave it!).

When I heard saying about this in his interview I was gobsmacked. We have had loads of players to whom English is a second language (some of the foreign players have had problems with English too...), Kodjia barely knew a word of English when he arrived. If this has been a problem in the past, surely it would have been addressed many years ago, ie the early 90s days of Jackie and Ray Atteveld or even the late 70s/early 80s when we had Swedish, Finnish and Dutch players.

To me its a made up story, typical LJ way of coming out with some random BS to try and deflect the blame from himself.

Haha! We sign foreign players then complain when they cant speak english! Im wholly delighted with the whole thing, and if it was me, i would give him another 20 million quid to sign some more.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I read something about Pisano myself and I didn’t interpret it the same way. He said Pisano could be a leader on the pitch but shouting out things in an instant doesn’t come naturally as it is not his first language. He speaks ok english as it is so I don’t see the need for this thread. Ended the season horribly but that doesn’t mean everything needs to be a negative ffs

Spot on.

4 hours ago, Wilksi said:

more concerning that his wife is American, so there isn't even a need to employ someone for this. Just ask her to teach him.

not rocket

Perhaps the lads don’t understand when he says: “gee wiz goal tender, offensive-pass me the soccerball”   

12 hours ago, Wilksi said:

not rocket

Arhhh, so that explains why he shouts 'have a nice day' when he runs past a player but watching play backs he has few opportunities to practice that. Intensive pillow talk is presumably better in Italian.

I had a brief chat with Pisano after the last game of the season. Thought his English was pretty good. Decent enough to have a conversation anyway. Maybe he hasn’t picked up the terms rather than the language. Man on might not translate. Though you think that would be easy enough to pick up 

21 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

FF yells Dolmano or Lansdowno!!! 

Eros speaks enough English to get by. His problem is his injury.  He was getting on fine and playing well to that point.

You can see that he has been feeling the injury ever since. Not able to give 100% and reluctant to stretch for the ball in a tackle.  He is also not running like he was and not going forward so much, probably fearing that he can't get back in time.

Hopefully he will fully recover in the break and be back to his best again when the season starts.

I must say, he quite impressed me at the start of the season.

On 16/05/2018 at 12:58, pl00peh91 said:

Perhaps he found yes sir no sir a bit too difficult to say? Just who was going to set the match alight with his killer pass?

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Eros speaks enough English to get by. His problem is his injury.  He was getting on fine and playing well to that point.

You can see that he has been feeling the injury ever since. Not able to give 100% and reluctant to stretch for the ball in a tackle.  He is also not running like he was and not going forward so much, probably fearing that he can't get back in time.

Hopefully he will fully recover in the break and be back to his best again when the season starts.

I must say, he quite impressed me at the start of the season.

You obviously missed the Hull debacle when he continually charged forward , whilst unable to get back

His injury was ok when he was running forward 

Archived