IGNORED

The one thing you'd like the club to do ?

Major Isewater

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep....most private car parks charge you, even with blue badge.  Council car parks we are normally exempt.  In Cornwall you get a permit for £10 per year to park in Council Car Parks for free.

£204 probably works out more than £10 per game (never make 20+....part-timer eh?)....and starting to be less cost effective, especially when as an early-bird, I could park in other places.  On dry days, just park further out I reckon.

I'm astonished mate...I really am.

It's a funny ol world....people will do charity runs etc for good causes, and put it all over social media, yet they charge for the Disabled to park.

It just doesn't make sense in my world...

37 minutes ago, spudski said:

They charge you for disabled parking??? WTF!!! seriously? I can't get my head around that...

At what point in anyone's head do they think..'I know we'll charge the disabled to park'.

That imo...is just ridiculous in the big picture of things.

How many private car parks charge for disabled parking?

I'm really at a loss as to what to think.

Tbh...I think I'm going to be playing a lot more golf on Saturdays next season. I'm seriously losing the love...

Not many businesses do. 

Hospitals do - the one place it takes the piss more than any other. To the point of being criminal in my view. 

Make sure every decision taken, puts the importance on the first teams success.

If it can hinder it in any way, don't make it. 

If it helps the team, make it.

If it affects the supporters negatively don't make it.

If there appear no adverse effects to team and supporters, carry on.

Simple rules, which should be on the wall of each decision maker.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I'm astonished mate...I really am.

It's a funny ol world....people will do charity runs etc for good causes, and put it all over social media, yet they charge for the Disabled to park.

It just doesn't make sense in my world...

Agree 100%.  I do think that these people do the runs more for their own ego than the cause they say they support. I speak from very recent experience when I say that. Sad but true. More effort should be exerted to help your everyday disabled person.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

His choice of headwear means nothing to me.....I was talking about Joe as being the experienced old Head who could advise LJ as he’s been there and done it everywhere.....I wasn’t suggesting he’d be our manager/head coach....

In all honesty I think Joe has had his day. In saying that I do take your point.

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

In all honesty I think Joe has had his day. In saying that I do take your point.

I get what you mean mate, but Big Joe is still much younger than Warnock, Wenger, Sir Alex (when he retired) and Redknapp....he’s played for some of the world’s biggest clubs, he’s played and scored in three World Cup Finals, he’s managed four clubs and he’s been a valued number two at six other clubs and also the number two for Northern Ireland....experience like that would be invaluable to LJ if we keep him him on....and I think Joe would love to work at our club again in an advisory capacity...the players would be in awe of him, he’s got a house near Ashton Gate and every time I saw him out jogging he had Bristol City shorts on, despite having played for Leeds, Man Utd, AC Milan etc.....match made in heaven!

Bristol sport is continuing to discriminate against disabled supporters and that has to change, apart from being immoral it’s illegal!

Everything is about being PC these days, latest and future round of price hikes in season tickets have hit the disabled more than most, but the latest insult is parking! The same fazed in price hike is being applied to on site parking as well as season tickets, disabled supporters have been hit with a £50 increase for next season in addition to the season ticket price and the increase will be incrementally applied for the next two years until no subsidy remains, please don’t forget this will affect supporters who are unable to walk very far and will have to pay up or give up attending.

Is our team more about greed or sport?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I get what you mean mate, but Big Joe is still much younger than Warnock, Wenger, Sir Alex (when he retired) and Redknapp....he’s played for some of the world’s biggest clubs, he’s played and scored in three World Cup Finals, he’s managed four clubs and he’s been a valued number two at six other clubs and also the number two for Northern Ireland....experience like that would be invaluable to LJ if we keep him him on....and I think Joe would love to work at our club again in an advisory capacity...the players would be in awe of him, he’s got a house near Ashton Gate and every time I saw him out jogging he had Bristol City shorts on, despite having played for Leeds, Man Utd, AC Milan etc.....match made in heaven!

Yes but not recently has he ? Can he operate a drone ?

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Yes but not recently has he ? Can he operate a drone ?

He was number 2 at Middlesbrough up to May 2017.....so not out the loop for too long...I’m sure Joe offers more value than a drone....the players would not enjoy walking into a dressing room to face Joe after a pathetic performance....but walking in to see LJ waiting for you? No problem....

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Agree 100%.  I do think that these people do the runs more for their own ego than the cause they say they support. I speak from very recent experience when I say that. Sad but true. More effort should be exerted to help your everyday disabled person.

When I lived In Oz I was involved heavily with Apex (similar to Round Table in UK). We did the normal fund raising like pushing bath tubs 50km while dressed in drag for things like the Channel 9 telethon raising money for the Adelaide kids hospital. Our most rewarding work was helping disabled or aged people with everyday jobs like mowing lawns etc. They got more out of the fact they had company and the chance of a chat than anything else. We didn't make a big noise out of this because we enjoyed it. Every Sunday without fail we would be doing something. My point is that you don't need to make a big personal (look at me) noise to be charitable. Do it quietly and discreetly and enjoy the experience.

On 17/05/2018 at 18:47, Davefevs said:

My one request.

Stop paying lip service to the customers, sorry, I mean fans, on issues that directly affect them.  Consult with the fans, get the fans to understand the other side of the coin.  Work together.

Just found out my Disabled Parking space has gone up from £150 to £240 - 60% increase.  It does have a 3 year discount, so 15% off this year, making it £204....making a 36% increase.

But if they increase the £240 next year, that’ll negate year 2’s 10% discount.

Anyone else had a call today re their space?

WOW The ****. The club  really have plumbed new depths this year in their  treatment of disabled supporters (fully appreciate the  increases have affected many more) with the extortionate increase in season-ticket costs and now this! Dave I can't believe they have  clobbered you with this price hike on your car parking space as well as your season-ticket!

I came onto this  thread to say  the two things I would like to see the club improve on was communication and consultation but  hearing this  has  kind of blown that out of the water.

A disabled parking space at Ashton Gate has been over three figures for at least the last decade if my memory serves me correctly as well as the season-ticket. The same  fans that have  been seated pitch side-either  getting  drenched in the rain or in a little enclosure with a tin roof where you lose sight of the ball every time  the ball goes above  head height!

Being on disability benefit is  not a lifestyle choice and the treatment by the club has been a disgrace. Hence the reason I've not been able to afford to  renew next season so will has to pick and choose my games and hope there are disabled spaces tickets and it doesn't hammer down

@CotswoldRed @Davefevs Like yourselves I need rear access and mostly  tend to  park on Raleigh Road by the Tobacco factory which gives you 3hrs with a Blue badge. I always make sure I parked with my rear access next to the tobacco factory car park or the nursing home further down the road meaning no one can park behind me. that is the only way I can definitely eliminate anyone  parking behind me because the stickers on the back of my van which say 'please leave at least 3 m for wheelchair access' in a large font aren't always big enough

17 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

WOW The ****. The club  really have plumbed new depths this year in their  treatment of disabled supporters (fully appreciate the  increases have affected many more) with the extortionate increase in season-ticket costs and now this! Dave I can't believe they have  clobbered you with this price hike on your car parking space as well as your season-ticket!

I came onto this  thread to say  the two things I would like to see the club improve on was communication and consultation but  hearing this  has  kind of blown that out of the water.

A disabled parking space at Ashton Gate has been over three figures for at least the last decade if my memory serves me correctly as well as the season-ticket. The same  fans that have  been seated pitch side-either  getting  drenched in the rain or in a little enclosure with a tin roof where you lose sight of the ball every time  the ball goes above  head height!

Being on disability benefit is  not a lifestyle choice and the treatment by the club has been a disgrace. Hence the reason I've not been able to afford to  renew next season so will has to pick and choose my games and hope there are disabled spaces tickets and it doesn't hammer down

@CotswoldRed @Davefevs Like yourselves I need rear access and mostly  tend to  park on Raleigh Road by the Tobacco factory which gives you 3hrs with a Blue badge. I always make sure I parked with my rear access next to the tobacco factory car park or the nursing home further down the road meaning no one can park behind me. that is the only way I can definitely eliminate anyone  parking behind me because the stickers on the back of my van which say 'please leave at least 3 m for wheelchair access' in a large font aren't always big enough

Is that parking on yellow lines Mike?

Might have a look at Just Park too.

2 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Hello Dave. Yes a mixture of single and double yellows. Sounds like you're after alternatives and I don't blame you. 

Enjoy the Summer fella

You too mate, hope we see you at as many games as possible.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Is that parking on yellow lines Mike?

Might have a look at Just Park too.

Don`t forget you can park for an unlimited time in the Bower Ashton RPZ ( I appreciate this might be a bit awkward for you and Joe with all the ramps to go up and down to get through the underpasses) with a blue badge - it was one of the things Marvin Rees said he would change when he got elected and to his credit he did almost immediately.

I can`t link it but there is a very informative section on the BCC website about what you can and can`t do. The gist appears to be unlimited & free in a pay & display bay or an RPZ, three hours maximum on a double yellow.

On 17/05/2018 at 11:42, Phileas Fogg said:

Good question.

For me it would be to invest in a top recruitment setup.

First team really, clubs like Peterborough, Preston and Brentford seem to get it right far more frequently than we do. 

I'd like to see us sign a quality head scout with lots of connections and allow him to appoint a team of adept scouts working domestically and internationally.

We've had too much chopping and changing there recently.. Keith Burt.. the chap from Bournemouth then Mervyn Day who seemed to do the role in the interim and then permanently. 

Something is clearly going wrong here. If i'm being greedy I'd also like Ashton out of player recruitment as part of that arrangement. Leave recruitment to the scouts and manager.

I applaud the sentiment, but what is a ‘top recruitment set-up’. There isn’t a football club at any level, including the giants of the game in England and abroad, that hasn’t at some time ball**d up their recuitment. Whether you sign a player on a free or for millions, every signing is a risk. 

As for a DoF, it could only work if the roles are very clearly defined. Such a system cost us John Ward and left us with Benny Lennartson. You run the risk of not getting the manager you want as many won’t work with a DoF. 

Personally, I want a clear distinction between BCFC and Bristol Sport which is increasingly becoming blurred. As a supporter it is BCFC I want to communicate with, not some androgynous this entity at BS who couldn’t give a fig for what happens on a Saturday afternoon or a Tuesday night. The last 6 months has seen the club take giant strides backwards in PR with its fan base. 

Archived