IGNORED

New Signing!

ExiledAjax

Even in the depths of the quiet season there is a glimmer of light.  An exciting new signing that shows the club is moving forward on the pitch. Praise be to the lords of the contract for they have brought unto us Janneh, the blessed one.

From the OS:

"Bristol City are delighted to confirm the signing of Saikou Janneh, who joins the club’s Academy.

The Gambian-born 18-year-old striker has been working hard to earn his place at the City setup, following a recent trial with the club.

Janneh, who has previously played for Bath College, Clevedon Town and Cadbury Heath, put to pen to paper on a new contract with the club on Thursday morning (May 17th).

“It feels great to sign on here,” Janneh told bcfc.co.uk.

"I didn’t think I would make it but I have been working hard. I have always worked hard.

“I trialled here originally and I wasn’t ready then but I continued to improve in Bath and I had the chance to show myself with another trial at Bristol City and now I believe I know what to do.”

Janneh, who scored against Barnsley in the Under-23’s find league game of the season, added his sights are firmly on cementing a future place in the City first team.

He continued: "I’ll be joining the U23s, who I have made my debut for already and I have also scored for them so I am looking forward to next season already!

“Then my aim is to break into the first team and stay there and I hope one day that will lead to the Premier League.”

Academy manager Gary Probert said: "Since he has been here, Saikou has shown a determined, exemplary attitude. He has that correct mindset of working hard and we look forward to working with him."

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/janneh-signs-for-the-academy/

Archived