IGNORED

Matchday thread; Harry vs Meghan

myol'man

It's almost as if the powers that be have realised how screwed up and divided this country actually is, so they've ordered the Royal Family to marry and reproduce constantly to create a smokescreen for the oldies who actually still care about stuff like this...Bet all this will be all over every paper while the real stuff will be hidden all the way back on page 36 with the crap cartoons or something...

1 minute ago, Newquay-Red said:

It's almost as if the powers that be has realised how screwed up and divided this country actually is, so they've ordered the Royal Family to marry and reproduce constantly to create a smokescreen for the oldies who actually still care about stuff like this...Bet all this will be all over every paper while the real stuff will be hidden all the way back on page 36 with the crap cartoons or something...

I don't hate the Royal family or anything but this constant media buzz/rubbish does make me wonder what is being buried in the back pages or hidden out of sight generally…:argh:

5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

It's almost as if the powers that be has realised how screwed up and divided this country actually is, so they've ordered the Royal Family to marry and reproduce constantly to create a smokescreen for the oldies who actually still care about stuff like this...Bet all this will be all over every paper while the real stuff will be hidden all the way back on page 36 with the crap cartoons or something...

Yep, irrelevant pointless horse shit.

How much would better cladding have cost on Grenfell again?

Put it on pay per view and see how many really care.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I saw on tv this morning that the cost of the wedding is £22m of taxpayers money...............:cool2:

Ffs..............:disapointed2se:

While generating £500m in tourism for the wedding alone. I don't really care about the wedding but seeing the amount of people complaining about cost while ignoring the economic benefits is pretty facepalm inducing. 

7 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I don’t think there’s any evidence that us oldies are any more interested in this stuff than the young uns. Harry is the ginger one, is that right? 

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

I don’t think there’s any evidence that us oldies are any more interested in this stuff than the young uns. Harry is the ginger one, is that right? 

Yep the one that looks a bit like James Hewitt....

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don't hate the Royal family or anything but this constant media buzz/rubbish does make me wonder what is being buried in the back pages or hidden out of sight generally…:argh:

The irony is that in William and Harry we have a generation of royals who are far more self aware and willing to contribute to good causes. They seem genuine and if anything, disillusioned with the family and how it treated them as children. However, this is not enough when Buckingham Palace is getting a £350 million refurbishment while over a million people in this country use foodbanks, and while regions such as Cornwall and the Welsh Valleys actually qualify for EU funding due to being amongst the poorest areas in all of Northern Europe. But that's okay, because look at her pretty dress! Living in another country for eight months really shows you how sharp the social class divides are in this country; with the exception of the US you would struggle to find a Western developed nation that is more unequal

2 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

The irony is that in William and Harry we have a generation of royals who are far more self aware and willing to contribute to good causes. They seem genuine and if anything, disillusioned with the family and how it treated them as children. However, this is not enough when Buckingham Palace is getting a £350 million refurbishment while over a million people in this country use foodbanks, and while regions such as Cornwall and the Welsh Valleys actually qualify for EU funding due to being amongst the poorest areas in all of Northern Europe. But that's okay, because look at her pretty dress! Living in another country for eight months really shows you how sharp the social class divides are in this country; with the exception of the US you would struggle to find a Western developed nation that is more unequal

yes, £300k for her dress! 

Yup, royals, their weddings etc are adding to my list of loathing, justbas Christmas, Valentine’s Day etc is.

I really, really hoped Harry ( who seems the most normal of an odd bunch) would have told them to stuff it and have a really small wedding, or even elope off s9mewhere and just announce it. Harry you let me down, for a ginger you have no fire! :laughcont:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Rumoured to be one of Diana's lovers......polo playing army officer.

Ah yes. I wonder how much she got about.  It would have been amusing if she’d had the chance to marry the Egyptian one and produce a Muslim half brother to the heir. It would have confused Trump anyway.

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

While generating £500m in tourism for the wedding alone. I don't really care about the wedding but seeing the amount of people complaining about cost while ignoring the economic benefits is pretty facepalm inducing. 

Do you have a reputable source for that claim?

Cannot for the life of me understand this forelock tugging to a bunch of anachronistic parasites.

21 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

You should be over here in the States for it! It's pushed Trump and his many misdemeanours off the headlines, and it seems that every breakfast show presenter in the country is flying in today to clog up Royal Windsor.

10 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes, £300k for her dress! 

I seriously doubt that will ever be paid for it. The publicity for the designer is worth far more than that alone.

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Ah yes. I wonder how much she got about.  It would have been amusing if she’d had the chance to marry the Egyptian one and produce a Muslim half brother to the heir. It would have confused Trump anyway.

If you Google James Hewitt /Prince Harry the likeness is very suspicious!

Archived