IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

1 minute ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Be surprised if he attracts bids that high as clubs interests will have waned with loss of form and questionable desire and commitment to our cause. 

Fitting with his father's vocation that JBs heart may not be in it after all. 

Doubt it. Looked unplayable against Wolves, Man Utd and Derby on the tele and Youtube Joe Bryan and you have a collectors amount of World Class goals. 

Our form as a team don't detract suitors and I went to an evening with Matt Le Tissier at Saint Mary's a couple of months ago and when someone asked him if Southampton could sign any 3 realistic players who would he want them to sign, he named Joe Bryan first. 

I have a personal feeling there was interest in January but the club turned it down and maybe that is what sparked Joe's downturn in form.

It had been reported that Burnley were ready to make a £6m offer and that will be a test the water offer. If true the likes of Celtic are interested, then you have teams playing in Europe interested in him. Paying 8-10m for him for a Europa League side, would be like us making a £2m punt on a player from League One. 

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

not saying they wont be missed at all, just that we have players with the potential to step up and be as good if not better in the not to distant future, but yes hope they don't all leave at once.

I think factoring it all in, chemistry, harmony, growth as a squad all that- we could lose one player of those 4 and still function reasonably well- any more and we would be in trouble.

Kelly for example? Our future LB quite possibly. Him and Bryan on the left- let's say a 4-3-3 with the wingers between midfield 3 and the lone striker, well I think that could be great.

A big caveat being of course, if we lost one of them, then we would have to be smarter in our lineups and tactics to compensate. My assumption that we could absorb the loss of one of them is based on that premise.

We do have some excellent young prospects- but this League is very tough. We already have one of the relatively younger starting lineups- in terms of age per minutes played. Throwing in more youth still would be a serious risk I feel.

9 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Doubt it. Looked unplayable against Wolves, Man Utd and Derby on the tele and Youtube Joe Bryan and you have a collectors amount of World Class goals. 

Our form as a team don't detract suitors and I went to an evening with Matt Le Tissier at Saint Mary's a couple of months ago and when someone asked him if Southampton could sign any 3 realistic players who would he want them to sign, he named Joe Bryan first. 

I have a personal feeling there was interest in January but the club turned it down and maybe that is what sparked Joe's downturn in form.

It had been reported that Burnley were ready to make a £6m offer and that will be a test the water offer. If true the likes of Celtic are interested, then you have teams playing in Europe interested in him. Paying 8-10m for him for a Europa League side, would be like us making a £2m punt on a player from League One. 

I believe that you’re pretty close to the mark.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

Kelly has good left back written all over him. Bryan definitely doesn’t. 

Bryan ain’t a left back and I’ll be glad to see him leave. 

About Bryan, cynical but can’t argue against it. 

Kelly 100% a LB. May be a good ball playing CB one day. Probably has 4-5 years before he gets the strength and nous required though. Until then he is a LB. Probably the best crosser of a ball in our squad or second behind Eliasson. Seems to sense the danger better than Joe and picks his spots going forward better. I know long term they see themselves as CBs but I would love to see Vyner and Kelly splitting time at FB next season with Magnússon and Pisano respectfully. 

On 19/05/2018 at 10:13, pillred said:

might sound crazy but I think this time next year we will look back and think it was what the club needed, we have some fantastic young players who are not currently getting the chance they deserve, will be a blessing in my opinion don't think we will miss them as much as we all fear.

You say this like you believe we have a manager in charge who we can trust to bring in the right replacements 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28571

Burnley fans think the journo is very accurate normally

Wonder whether we might try and get Wells as part of any deal

How times and perceptions change. One poster on there says `if it`s only £6m why not?`

I can`t see Burnley fans having that attitude even five years ago!

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

How times and perceptions change. One poster on there says `if it`s only £6m why not?`

I can`t see Burnley fans having that attitude even five years ago!

Yep

Sums up what getting to the Prem does for you

Sad that a club the size of Burnley are swooping for our better players 

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

I think Joe suffers from being way to comfortable at his hometown club with a very admiring support. 

Would do his career wonders to go somewhere where he couldn't coast in second gear and get away with it. 

See what he's really made of? 

I think he's a prem squad player, may not  even make first team in lower half teams... 

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

You say this like you believe we have a manager in charge who we can trust to bring in the right replacements 

yes I didn't think about that aspect, what I was getting at was if they get their chance some of the younger fringe players have the potential to replace the ones we may lose.

Archived