IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

For those of you who have their appetite for luxury whetted, I propose my own water Villa at Severn beach .

Rates available on request.

IMG_0273.JPG

Is it all inclusive, half board or b&b Major?

Also see it has it's own rail link, which is handy. Is the line into Parkway or Temple Meads?

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I took your advice as regards driving to Florida and am now stuck on Weston beach . 

You'll be hearing  from my lawyer .

Next time Land's End would be just the ticket Major,  less mud you know.  But bring a long snorkel. Actually two,  no wait,  at least two for yourself and your vehicle.  Others would be optional for any passengers you would like to survive the trip.

Much easier if you move to the North American continent first. Perhaps I should have mentioned that earlier.  Oh well.

7 minutes ago, ukneil said:

Next time Land's End would be just the ticket Major,  less mud you know.  But bring a long snorkel. Actually two,  no wait,  at least two for yourself and your vehicle.  Others would be optional for any passengers you would like to survive the trip.

Much easier if you move to the North American continent first. Perhaps I should have mentioned that earlier.  Oh well.

Our dear old @Major Isewater needs some guidance at times like we all do, although to be fair to him (and us), your forum username suggests you would drive to Weston too! The small print underneath it gives the real truth away tho....

4 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

On a serious note, does any one really care if JB leaves or not after the disgusting lack of effort he out in from Dec onwards 2018...?!

Yes, I do.  I would like him to stay.  He’s a good player.

He didn’t play as well after Xmas.  Who did, with the exception of Flint and Reid.  What caused his drop in form?  Laziness?  Tiredness?  Falling Out?  A genuine drop in form?  Who knows on here?  Not me.  

Not blaming LJ, but you’d like to think he would understand what caused it and remedy it, even if that meant leaving Joe out.

The Joe of pre-January was a joy to watch.

Personally I don’t think Kelly is ready for a 40 game season.

27 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

On a serious note, does any one really care if JB leaves or not after the disgusting lack of effort he out in from Dec onwards 2018...?!

Yes, he's a very good footballer. Although he's not a left back in a million years.

6 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

JB is a top player and a good lad . 

I will miss him but I feel he needs to move on to develop his carrier further and we will move on as well.

' Disgusting lack of effort ' ? 

Maybe but it doesn't sit with his character. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

45 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

JB is a top player and a good lad . 

I will miss him but I feel he needs to move on to develop his carrier further and we will move on as well.

' Disgusting lack of effort ' ? 

Maybe but it doesn't sit with his character. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think he’s just far too comfortable here Major, like a few. Knows he can put a 6/10 in or a 10/10 and still be picked and largely adored. Not sure that’s a good thing and he certainly won’t be able to do that at Burnley or elsewhere in the PL  

His head and heart just doesn’t seem to be in it half the time. 

21 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think he’s just far too comfortable here Major, like a few. Knows he can put a 6/10 in or a 10/10 and still be picked and largely adored. Not sure that’s a good thing and he certainly won’t be able to do that at Burnley or elsewhere in the PL  

His head and heart just doesn’t seem to be in it half the time. 

Which corresponds with my second paragraph.

He needs to move up a level. Burnley could be a very good move for him.

A friendly club where he will get game time and the chance to develop further.

On 05/06/2018 at 15:30, RedM said:

It’s soooo obvious. He’s switching codes and joining Sale. :cool:

Or 3 separate sharks none of which have insulted him;

Shark#1 He needs a loan for a business venture like buying Aston Villa

Shark #2 he owes loads of money to fellow members from the team coach card playing syndicate

Shark#3 He wants to buy the famous tea clipper ship in London but thinks it's called the Cutty....

1 minute ago, Norn Iron said:

Or 3 separate sharks none of which have insulted him;

Shark#1 He needs a loan for a business venture like buying Aston Villa

Shark #2 he owes loads of money to fellow members from the team coach card playing syndicate

Shark#3 He wants to buy the famous tea clipper ship in London but thinks it's called the Cutty....

I think you're being , as Sean Connery would say, " sharkastic ".

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Which corresponds with my second paragraph.

He needs to move up a level. Burnley could be a very good move for him.

A friendly club where he will get game time and the chance to develop further.

I wouldn't say it is a 'friendly club' as such. They're hardly content with staying still, they progress fast and if you're not keeping up with their level then you don't play. Charlie Taylor hardly played this season despite costing them around 7m last season. Bryan would be expected to consistently reach a higher level of performance than he's ever managed before if he moved there.

I think it could be a very good move for him.

Joe hasn’t been happy here since January, disillusioned with the January business and the fact other team mates are looking to move on too.  One of his best mates would be only an hour up the road if he moved to Burnley. I’d say the move is likely. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wouldn't say it is a 'friendly club' as such. They're hardly content with staying still, they progress fast and if you're not keeping up with their level then you don't play. Charlie Taylor hardly played this season despite costing them around 7m last season. Bryan would be expected to consistently reach a higher level of performance than he's ever managed before if he moved there.

I think it could be a very good move for him.

Ok , a closer knit , smaller club than say a Man City , Utd , Liverpool etc where they have enormous squads and where a young player, like Joe  could get abandoned.

Their mob are not very friendly to opposition supporters ! 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Joe hasn’t been happy here since January, disillusioned with the January business and the fact other team mates are looking to move on too.  One of his best mates would be only an hour up the road if he moved to Burnley. I’d say the move is likely. 

Interesting comments RedM , has he confided in you ? 

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

That's interesting - reassuring actually, shows he really wanted the team to push on.

15 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

From December onwards did he run further or decrease the distances he covered in each game?

Your disgusting lack of effort may be something altogether different. What is JB's role? Can he keep repeating those runs and be effective for ninety minutes? Won't do is sometimes cannot do  and can be down to physical preparation, aerobic ability, the Managers tactical set up (4-4-2) and further variables.

9 hours ago, RedM said:

Pretty much what I said on here the other week

That whole 'group' of mates want out. Flint, Bryan, Reid and Pack 

28 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Pretty much what I said on here the other week

That whole 'group' of mates want out. Flint, Bryan, Reid and Pack 

If, and I have nil ITK, if a clique has developed among the longer serving members of the playing staff, the earlier it is broken up, the better it will be in the longer term. It happens in every type of job where those who've been around a while, are often wary of newcomers and keep them at a distance. 

As I said, I'm not ITK, have never met any of our current playing staff personally. But after my long career as a City fan, when we have two consecutive seasons with such long spells of very poor results compared with the other portion of each season, there is something that isn't right. 

If a clique is there, it could simply be frustration at the apparent lack of club ambition and that would be understandable. Just as many fans are/were. 

The solution is to either remove the clique or resolve their reasons. Which way will this summer go? Do we lose the heart of our team and begin yet another rebuild or add better quality to the squad? 

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

If, and I have nil ITK, if a clique has developed among the longer serving members of the playing staff, the earlier it is broken up, the better it will be in the longer term. It happens in every type of job where those who've been around a while, are often wary of newcomers and keep them at a distance. 

As I said, I'm not ITK, have never met any of our current playing staff personally. But after my long career as a City fan, when we have two consecutive seasons with such long spells of very poor results compared with the other portion of each season, there is something that isn't right. 

If a clique is there, it could simply be frustration at the apparent lack of club ambition and that would be understandable. Just as many fans are/were. 

The solution is to either remove the clique or resolve their reasons. Which way will this summer go? Do we lose the heart of our team and begin yet another rebuild or add better quality to the squad? 

This is near enough word for word what I intended to post. We'd really miss those players - especially Reid - on the pitch but I have been wondering for a while whether there is an issue within the culture of the club and whether ultimately it would be better for the club if if there are - and I am not ITK either - players at the club who are hindering a sense of unity at the club then it might be time for them to move on.

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Our dear old @Major Isewater needs some guidance at times like we all do, although to be fair to him (and us), your forum username suggests you would drive to Weston too! The small print underneath it gives the real truth away tho....

Someone a while ago mentioned perhaps something like 'Canada Red' would be more suitable. But the view I have of my own situation is l am from the UK and very much British and now happen to live in Canada, after my Canadian wife forced me into marriage and a life of slavery looking after her 'needs' and constantly picking up after the children. Tough gig eh? 

Archived