IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

On 07/06/2018 at 01:47, RedM said:

Joe hasn’t been happy here since January, disillusioned with the January business and the fact other team mates are looking to move on too.  One of his best mates would be only an hour up the road if he moved to Burnley. I’d say the move is likely. 

If that is how footballers think on their wages then it would be good riddance for me. What kind of attitude is that? Does Joe Bryan know the ins and outs of the finances of the club? I doubt it because that isn’t his job. So how can he have an opinion on playing staff brought in? 

Then the comments on playing close to a mate or not happy others are leaving. They have been together for 4-5 years now if not more. Surely they realise the ins and outs of football. Players come and go all the time and playing with your mates forever is not realistic. Nah doesn’t sit right with me. 

@RedM I am only addressing your comment and know you are only passing what you have heard. So I thank you for that. Not being unpleasant with you just your info! 

30 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If that is how footballers think on their wages then it would be good riddance for me. What kind of attitude is that? Does Joe Bryan know the ins and outs of the finances of the club? I doubt it because that isn’t his job. So how can he have an opinion on playing staff brought in? 

Then the comments on playing close to a mate or not happy others are leaving. They have been together for 4-5 years now if not more. Surely they realise the ins and outs of football. Players come and go all the time and playing with your mates forever is not realistic. Nah doesn’t sit right with me. 

@RedM I am only addressing your comment and know you are only passing what you have heard. So I thank you for that. Not being unpleasant with you just your info! 

Mates … Look at in a different manner. Players have to form relationships with each for a team to function effectively. Managing peer pressure is the Managers job and this is done by getting the players to buy into the bigger picture and standards he creates. 

All players have an opinion on players brought in. From the moment they come into training they will be under scrutiny from their new peers. It is what can that do for me, look at the state of his first touch, is that better than what is here, is that a threat to me and on this goes. Players have opinions just as fans on Otib do. It is the Manager  in a team setting who shapes those opinions in a positive forward thinking direction via the values and culture he introduces new players to. 

30 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Mates … Look at in a different manner. Players have to form relationships with each for a team to function effectively. Managing peer pressure is the Managers job and this is done by getting the players to buy into the bigger picture and standards he creates. 

All players have an opinion on players brought in. From the moment they come into training they will be under scrutiny from their new peers. It is what can that do for me, look at the state of his first touch, is that better than what is here, is that a threat to me and on this goes. Players have opinions just as fans on Otib do. It is the Manager  in a team setting who shapes those opinions in a positive forward thinking direction via the values and culture he introduces new players to. 

Opinion was probably the wrong word. I agree with what you have said. Just saying it should not bother Joe Bryan whether the player is amazing or awful. Joe Bryan should be giving his best no matter what. From what I quoted, it sounded as if his performances were affected by the calibre od player brought in and because others are looking into options outside of BCFC. That isn’t what I expect of a professional footballer being paid 500k per season or more. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Opinion was probably the wrong word. I agree with what you have said. Just saying it should not bother Joe Bryan whether the player is amazing or awful. Joe Bryan should be giving his best no matter what. From what I quoted, it sounded as if his performances were affected by the calibre od player brought in and because others are looking into options outside of BCFC. That isn’t what I expect of a professional footballer being paid 500k per season or more. 

Human nature , and 

Maybe JB expected more of others highly paid in their Senior Professional roles

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Human nature , and 

There is the answer. Its what you expect of players of all levels. 

55 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Human nature , and 

Is it human nature? I expect more of people I work with that are paid more than I do. I don’t go to my boss and say he gets paid this and I do more. I just do my job to the best of my ability. 

My only point is that a mature and level headed professional doesn’t let things out of his control affect the one thing in his control. Joe Bryan can only affect this club by how he performs on the pitch. He can have his opinion for sure but once his opinion causes his performances to dip, he is no better than a higher earner not performing. 

16 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Is it human nature? I expect more of people I work with that are paid more than I do. I don’t go to my boss and say he gets paid this and I do more. I just do my job to the best of my ability. 

My only point is that a mature and level headed professional doesn’t let things out of his control affect the one thing in his control. Joe Bryan can only affect this club by how he performs on the pitch. He can have his opinion for sure but once his opinion causes his performances to dip, he is no better than a higher earner not performing. 

I don’t disagree with you but It’s an unrealistic hope and would be the norm I’m afraid

25 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

s it human nature? I expect more of people I work with that are paid more than I do. I don’t go to my boss and say he gets paid this and I do more. I just do my job to the best of my ability. 

Is it human nature?

Yes.

Opinion = negative thoughts are part of the brains soft wiring. Ants - automatic negative thoughts are human nature.

Players are consistently told to concentrate on the controllables. The psychologist working with City creates tools for players to use, but players have to have super human levels of mental strength not to be affected in some form by the poor performance of others, or change they consider to be detrimental.

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don’t disagree with you but It’s an unrealistic hope and would be the norm I’m afraid

Fair enough

14 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Is it human nature?

Yes.

Opinion = negative thoughts are part of the brains soft wiring. Ants - automatic negative thoughts are human nature.

Players are consistently told to concentrate on the controllables. The psychologist working with City creates tools for players to use, but players have to have super human levels of mental strength not to be affected in some form by the poor performance of others, or change they consider to be detrimental.

Also fair enough but you’d have to think someone as intelligent as Joe could realise the club aren’t very big financially in this league and that will limit the quality of player we bring in. Now if he feels he needs to move on because this is stifling his career then I can have some element of sympathy. I still don’t think that can be used as an excuse for how poor his performances were over the second half of the season. 

I imagine we can go back and forth on it but I do see where you are coming from. I just can’t fathom form dropping so drastically because you expected a better player or two in January. If so, the club lack leadership. And I don’t mean a leader as in an individual. That is a severe lack throughout the entire organisation. Not something one or two experienced players can fix. 

A lot being made of Joe’s attitude being the reason for the drop in form.  I think that is over-simplistic.  He wasn’t woeful, but didn’t reach the heights of earlier in the season either.  Maybe he had a purple patch and post-Xmas was back to his consistent inconsistency?

What about the 7 or 8 others who suffered similar drops, were they not trying either?  Have they got bad attitudes?

I just think it’s too easy to blame Joe’s attitude when we don’t know what’s gone on.

Maybe I'm too loyal?

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Fair enough

Also fair enough but you’d have to think someone as intelligent as Joe could realise the club aren’t very big financially in this league and that will limit the quality of player we bring in. Now if he feels he needs to move on because this is stifling his career then I can have some element of sympathy. I still don’t think that can be used as an excuse for how poor his performances were over the second half of the season. 

I imagine we can go back and forth on it but I do see where you are coming from. I just can’t fathom form dropping so drastically because you expected a better player or two in January. If so, the club lack leadership. And I don’t mean a leader as in an individual. That is a severe lack throughout the entire organisation. Not something one or two experienced players can fix. 

That is a hypothetical. I am generalising v being specific in Joe Bryans case. 

Quality is a perception. Skill set is another thing. Players can be disappointed, disempowered and disadvantaged by new players having differing skills sets and change. Imagine a teams style significantly being altered, players brought in to play in this style underperforming, results going awry, players doubting the approach and the ability of new players.

What happens to the mind set of players? That is a hypothetical that could have been applied to BCFC. Confidence comes from self, but also from guidance the knowing, the trusting the teams approach and its preparation. When players do not have these bedrocks form and confidence can collapse, and that is normal. 

Joe came to us at a young age, when looking not only to play the game he loves but also be amongst like minded friends.  He was part of a very tight knit group with friendships that have endured even though many such as Ayling , Freeman and Little have moved on. Still going on holidays together. Probably realises that he can move on and still retain those friendships. 

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A lot being made of Joe’s attitude being the reason for the drop in form.  I think that is over-simplistic.  He wasn’t woeful, but didn’t reach the heights of earlier in the season either.  Maybe he had a purple patch and post-Xmas was back to his consistent inconsistency?

What about the 7 or 8 others who suffered similar drops, were they not trying either?  Have they got bad attitudes?

I just think it’s too easy to blame Joe’s attitude when we don’t know what’s gone on.

Maybe I'm too loyal?

I think you're nearer to the truth than some. If the second half of season performances were below par, it's a problem due to many factors, not just one individual. 

However, some of the players must have been dreaming the same dreams that many fans had at Christmas. Second in the league with Man City semi-final to come. 

As soon as I saw our three January signings, I realised that we had messed up. We needed reliable solid pros who could take some of the load off the core players like Joe. He and others in the squad may have realised the same and perhaps, feeling very drained, mentally rather than physically, went off the boil. 

It would be wrong of us who have never played any sport above school games level, to criticise them. I know that the same has happened to me a few times during my working life in industry and it's not something that I realised until the event had passed. But my jobs did not have a big six footer standing behind me, trying to kick lumps out of me. 

Armies are not lead by the privates, but by Generals. Again and again, I come back to the same thing and it's not because I hate him. Our General is out of his depth and it shows all too frequently. 

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

When I looked in the mirror all it said was shagged out old bloke with grey hair and bags under his eyes.

When I look in the mirror every morning I still see the 23 year old me looking back - as has been the case  for the last 40 years! 

4 hours ago, Cowshed said:

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Human nature , and 

Or maybe he’s just not very good. 

Lots of people seem to be suggesting that pre-Xmas he was hitting 9/10 ratings every week. This was just not true. He was poor pre-Xmas aside from a couple of matches he played as LM. 

As I had always tried to point out. His post-Xmas form, to me, was very much the same as his pre-Xmas form. 

“In my opinion”, he’s just not very good. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Lots of people seem to be suggesting that pre-Xmas he was hitting 9/10 ratings every week. This was just not true. He was poor pre-Xmas aside from a couple of matches he played as LM. 

As I had always tried to point out. His post-Xmas form, to me, was very much the same as his pre-Xmas form. 

Exactly this

52 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I think you're nearer to the truth than some. If the second half of season performances were below par, it's a problem due to many factors, not just one individual. 

However, some of the players must have been dreaming the same dreams that many fans had at Christmas. Second in the league with Man City semi-final to come. 

As soon as I saw our three January signings, I realised that we had messed up. We needed reliable solid pros who could take some of the load off the core players like Joe. He and others in the squad may have realised the same and perhaps, feeling very drained, mentally rather than physically, went off the boil. 

It would be wrong of us who have never played any sport above school games level, to criticise them. I know that the same has happened to me a few times during my working life in industry and it's not something that I realised until the event had passed. But my jobs did not have a big six footer standing behind me, trying to kick lumps out of me. 

Armies are not lead by the privates, but by Generals. Again and again, I come back to the same thing and it's not because I hate him. Our General is out of his depth and it shows all too frequently. 

Post Xmas they were knackered. A lot of injuries and crap signings in January. 

Joe is a very good player as are a few others but the mixing matching covering for injuries and lack of subs contributed to an all around loss of form. 

Just now, REDOXO said:

Post Xmas they were knackered. A lot of injuries and crap signings in January. 

Joe is a very good player as are a few others but the mixing matching covering for injuries and lack of subs contributed to an all around loss of form. 

They play 90 minutes a week

a brickie, Nurse, soldier do 40+ hours on shit wage.

Players need to man up 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Many will be aware of your narrow opinion of Joe Bryan. You once implied /inferred he cannot shoot. 

If we want to look at unbiased ratings   http://www.squawka.com/players/joe-bryan/stats#performance-score#bristol-city-(current)#english-football-league---championship#10#season-2017/2018#829#all-matches#1-44#by-match

That rating is very high.

No player hits 9/10 every week. Contribution, key passes from creative players can be fortnightly, monthly … The teams slump in form cannot be attributed to one player. 

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

For a player rated as one of the better in the Championship - (Whether he’s as good as the hype suggests is a fairer debate)

‘Not very good ‘

merely exposes a personal agenda Harry And is nonsense and almost laughable

IMHO

God knows what you think most who’ve pulled on the shirt in recent years if you rate Bryan as ‘Not very good’

Who do you rate as the best three players on our books out of interest 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe I'm too loyal?

Korey was really bad but never gets mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

They do 90 minutes a week it **** all 

But that was not the point.

Your Son (I think) was involved in a highly competitive sport. To do as he did requires a certain skill set. To be a football player? Statistically its a exceptionally hard profession to excel to a degree high enough to become a professional. The skill set is exceptional. The demands are clearly different which is why only a miniscule few become football pros.

The comparison lacks meaning.

Archived