IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

If we don't sign a right back and Joe is still here after the window, then I'd stick Joe right back. Same as Munro and Brennan, left footers playing right full back. Thought he was excellent on that side in a couple of games. Don't see the point in playing Joe left back, leaving out Kelly and then having Pisano or Wright right back, who are both not good enough for different reasons. Really hope he signs a deal soon.

Jon, you are a mentalist!

7 hours ago, JonDolman said:

If we don't sign a right back and Joe is still here after the window, then I'd stick Joe right back. Same as Munro and Brennan, left footers playing right full back. Thought he was excellent on that side in a couple of games. Don't see the point in playing Joe left back, leaving out Kelly and then having Pisano or Wright right back, who are both not good enough for different reasons. Really hope he signs a deal soon.

Certainly not the worst suggestion, but think it would be as cover.  If Joe stays he either plays LB or LM (whether CLM or LW), but could cover in emergency, which is what he did (very effectively) versus Brum this season.

Joe at right back ? No.  Against Brum joe was caught out by his lack of pace by the nippy wide player. I think Joe's performances (like some others) dropped off alot after the Man City cup games. He looked like he thought he was Billy big shoes,knocking the ball sideways most of the time.  Bolton away, live on t.v. he showed why he would'nt be top of most clubs shopping list. I will be suprised if we get any offer for him above 3 million , if at all.  Right back ? No way.

1 hour ago, fatchers said:

Joe at right back ? No.  Against Brum joe was caught out by his lack of pace by the nippy wide player. I think Joe's performances (like some others) dropped off alot after the Man City cup games. He looked like he thought he was Billy big shoes,knocking the ball sideways most of the time.  Bolton away, live on t.v. he showed why he would'nt be top of most clubs shopping list. I will be suprised if we get any offer for him above 3 million , if at all.  Right back ? No way.

Jack Hunt incoming at RB so that’s another position sorted. JB could still stay but long way to go before transfer window closes

Surely must be thinking with all the incomings that it may be worth signing a 1 year extension and seeing what happens

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Jack Hunt incoming at RB so that’s another position sorted. JB could still stay but long way to go before transfer window closes

Surely must be thinking with all the incomings that it may be worth signing a 1 year extension and seeing what happens

It is getting boring now.  Wish he would either sign an extension or go unless our valuation is not being met, but if he is not signing simply has to go for best fee we can get, or risk him going for next to nothing in 12 months

12 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

It is getting boring now.  Wish he would either sign an extension or go unless our valuation is not being met, but if he is not signing simply has to go for best fee we can get, or risk him going for next to nothing in 12 months

Agree, would prefer for it to be resolved or clarified sooner rather than later. JB has an emotional attachment and indirectly to the Johnson family. I would offer him a new deal for 1 year and say if someone from the Prem comes for him he can go at the right price

8 hours ago, INCRED said:

Agree, would prefer for it to be resolved or clarified sooner rather than later. JB has an emotional attachment and indirectly to the Johnson family. I would offer him a new deal for 1 year and say if someone from the Prem comes for him he can go at the right price

As the plan is to sell players at their most valuable, I would be very surprised if the management at the club even want him to be here next year. I think the only waiting game is getting a big enough offer for him.

As he is an incredibly inconsistent player, I'm not sure we don't seriously overrate him. Put aside he came from the academy, 'He's one of our own', if he had been bought for £5m, I think he'd go in the mixed transfer success pile. 

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

As the plan is to sell players at their most valuable, I would be very surprised if the management at the club even want him to be here next year. I think the only waiting game is getting a big enough offer for him.

As he is an incredibly inconsistent player, I'm not sure we don't seriously overrate him. Put aside he came from the academy, 'He's one of our own', if he had been bought for £5m, I think he'd go in the mixed transfer success pile. 

Couldn't agree more - if he wasn't a local lad, and seemingly all round nice chap that you could invite round your mother's for a cuppa, he'd get a lot more criticism imo

16 hours ago, fatchers said:

Sideways - this is nonsense are sure you sit facing the pitch?

Surely you remember his equaliser in the 5-5 fiasco or goal in the very last game of the season?

It may be convenient to say his form went downhill after the Cup, but I see no evidence he was any more affected than anyone else. He was fully committed to tackles and getting forward.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tim Shires just tweeted Cardiff :argh:

Not surprised at that at all. Was actually going to suggest them as a possible destination on the other Bryan thread. I get the impression Warnock likes British players where possible and Reid going there will also be a draw.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Has Shires deleted the tweet? Couldn’t see it 

Think he has I did see it too. Something along the lines of not you too Joe with a gif indicating sadness. Then another tweet saying Cardiff. I get the appeal but it would be disappointing to see two academy boys jump ship to Cardiff even if premier league

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think he has I did see it too. Something along the lines of not you too Joe with a gif indicating sadness. Then another tweet saying Cardiff. I get the appeal but it would be disappointing to see two academy boys jump ship to Cardiff even if premier league

I personally think it will be a huge kick in the teeth for the fans .

For some reason I can undestand the Reid move. Every chance he may not replicate this season's form next...and the money was excellent 

Bryan though...a player who I think could really develop at a proper club with a GOOD coach ....selling his soul for a one season stint in the top flight?

Nah .....

Have they not just signed Cunningham though?

13 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

For some reason I can undestand the Reid move. Every chance he may not replicate this season's form next...and the money was excellent 

Bryan though...a player who I think could really develop at a proper club with a GOOD coach ....selling his soul for a one season stint in the top flight?

Nah .....

Colin to play Bryan in his correct position!

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Nah .....

I agree with you. Joe has been the figurehead from the academy for years now 250 games or so for us. To then jump to Cardiff after Reid(who I feel is a bit more of an exception for me) is just a bit too much imo. I mean I get it if they are the ONLY prem team in for him but just don’t feel right to me. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I agree with you. Joe has been the figurehead from the academy for years now 250 games or so for us. To then jump to Cardiff after Reid(who I feel is a bit more of an exception for me) is just a bit too much imo. I mean I get it if they are the ONLY prem team in for him but just don’t feel right to me. 

Look at it this way , no this way , Joe and Bobby get a season's experience in the Prem and when we change place with the Taffys the following season we sign them back at a knock down price , job's a good'un . 

Archived