IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

36 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I agree with you. Joe has been the figurehead from the academy for years now 250 games or so for us. To then jump to Cardiff after Reid(who I feel is a bit more of an exception for me) is just a bit too much imo. I mean I get it if they are the ONLY prem team in for him but just don’t feel right to me. 

Why? IF this true and I have my doubts, it's a step up tp the PL and all that brings.

Its a job for any player and as many have said on here previously, if someone offers you a x4 or more wage increase to move to a competitor very few are not going to take it, in any walk of life.

Aden and Bobby left because they thought it was a forward step in their career and......it is!

Joe is likely to be the same before the month is out whether that be Cardiff or someone else.

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

It would be embarrassing if they did take him.... really would.. 

It would be embarrassing if we didn’t get the best possible price for Joe. If that comes from Cardiff then that’s where he should go. Horrible club, horrible manager but if the money is good then we take it and move on.

Tbh Bryan has always struck me as someone who happens to be good at football rather than someone who genuinely loves it. Wouldn’t be surprised if he saw joining his mate at a new club as more important than the club he’s at. 

Hopefully if he does go there we’ll get an over inflated fee like we did with BR. 

Depends on the fee, if we get anything close to BR valuation I think we would have had their pants down, which would make him going to Cardiff sweet. He's what I would call a YouTube player, a good 5 minute compilation from most games, but its filler after that  

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Why? IF this true and I have my doubts, it's a step up tp the PL and all that brings.

Its a job for any player and as many have said on here previously, if someone offers you a x4 or more wage increase to move to a competitor very few are not going to take it, in any walk of life.

Aden and Bobby left because they thought it was a forward step in their career and......it is!

Joe is likely to be the same before the month is out whether that be Cardiff or someone else.

I get all that I really do just doesn’t sit right with me personally. Bobby a bit more understandable for me with all things considered

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Tbh Bryan has always struck me as someone who happens to be good at football rather than someone who genuinely loves it. . 

Yes, I haven't got a clue, but it wouldn't surprise me that while all this wonderful football is going on......he's got his head in a book !:P

Ok, if this sudden "Bryan to Cardiff" thing is true, then to be fair he gets a year in the Premiership - same as Bobby. He also could probably commute to Cardiff without moving house - same as Bobby. If we get a decent fee, then fair enough - whoever it is. It makes sense for him to make the move (thinking from his viewpoint).

Fact is, Bryan isn't heading into his last year, so if they do want him, then it's going to cost more than Bobby. Not bad business.

The thing that interests me more about the whole Cardiff situation - Cunningham, Bobby, and potentially Joe - it looks like they're trying to build a strong Championship team ready for the following year after being relegated at the end of this coming season.....

23 minutes ago, Taz said:

Ok, if this sudden "Bryan to Cardiff" thing is true, then to be fair he gets a year in the Premiership - same as Bobby. He also could probably commute to Cardiff without moving house - same as Bobby. If we get a decent fee, then fair enough - whoever it is. It makes sense for him to make the move (thinking from his viewpoint).

Fact is, Bryan isn't heading into his last year, so if they do want him, then it's going to cost more than Bobby. Not bad business.

The thing that interests me more about the whole Cardiff situation - Cunningham, Bobby, and potentially Joe - it looks like they're trying to build a strong Championship team ready for the following year after being relegated at the end of this coming season.....

Joe’s contract is up summer 19, just like Bobby’s.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Don't know why you think he doesn't love football. I can't see us getting bobby sort of money if joe goes to Cardiff. 4 million they bought Cunningham for so much more than that I expect. 

Not a dig at him. Just the impression I get. He doesn’t seem to have that passion for the game that I sense a lot of pros have. Maybe it’s just his quiet nature!

4 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

To be honest I don''t give a toss if he goes to Scumdiff... If they're willing to pay good dosh for him then fair play..Not really that bothered where he goes

2 hours ago, Taz said:

You may be right and in some ways it makes sense.

They will however be £100m richer which makes a promotion bid the following season somewhat easier.

Some on here go on about how we cannot compete with the 'big' clubs in this league - if Cardiff do get relegated after one season, and they probably will, they can be added to the big club list, at least in terms of finance.

And that list will continue to grow, sadly it looks like our name will never be on it.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Joe’s contract is up summer 19, just like Bobby’s.

So it is, I thought that he had at least another year on top of Reid for some reason - my mistake!! :facepalm::disapointed2se:

Everything else I previously said then, with the exception of that bit, stands though. Same again then!!

Not sure if it has been mentioned (apologies if so) but Everton were set to bid £25m for Celtic’s left back recently, I think it hasn’t progressed though - but goes to show what a prem club will pay for a young-ish full back who can push on in a game.....

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/16324607.with-everton-set-to-submit-25m-bid-for-kieran-tierney-celtic-manager-brendan-rodgers-says-it-will-be-hard-to-keep-him/

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned (apologies if so) but Everton were set to bid £25m for Celtic’s left back recently, I think it hasn’t progressed though - but goes to show what a prem club will pay for a young-ish full back who can push on in a game.....

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/16324607.with-everton-set-to-submit-25m-bid-for-kieran-tierney-celtic-manager-brendan-rodgers-says-it-will-be-hard-to-keep-him/

True but he does have Champions League experience and international caps, one as captain.

If we got a third of that for JB we'd have done very nicely, imo.

25 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

True but he does have Champions League experience and international caps, one as captain.

If we got a third of that for JB we'd have done very nicely, imo.

Only a year left on his contract.

I'd suggest that anyone who buys Joe will be buying a midfielder with a great left foot, potentially a player who can get goals from an advanced position.

Here's hoping LJ plays him in midfield if he stays, he'll excel there.

On 07/07/2018 at 00:06, ScottishRed said:

You may be right and in some ways it makes sense.

They will however be £100m richer which makes a promotion bid the following season somewhat easier.

Some on here go on about how we cannot compete with the 'big' clubs in this league - if Cardiff do get relegated after one season, and they probably will, they can be added to the big club list, at least in terms of finance.

And that list will continue to grow, sadly it looks like our name will never be on it.

No it won't.

It will always stay around the same size.

Parachute payments don't last forever, they last 3 seasons- unless a club is relegated in their first season up, then they only get 2 years.

So at a maximum there will be 9 teams with parachute payments, the list cannot be more than that

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No it won't.

Parachute payments don't last forever, they last 3 seasons- unless a club is relegated in their first season up, then they only get 2 years.

So at a maximum there will be 9 teams with parachute payments, the list cannot be more than that

If Sunderland come straight back up next season they will presumably still get a 3rd year parachute payment, so it presumably could be more than 9?

23 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

If Sunderland come straight back up next season they will presumably still get a 3rd year parachute payment, so it presumably could be more than 9?

No, because there isn't a club in the league getting Sunderlands parachute payment.

Next year it is: Norwich, Villa, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom, Hull and Boro.

If Sunderland got promoted then the season after would be (at a maximum): Hull, Boro, Sunderland, West Brom, Stoke and Swansea, plus 3 relegated sides.

Norwich and Villa are in their final year of their parachute payments, so wouldn't be in that list.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, because there isn't a club in the league getting Sunderlands parachute payment.

Next year it is: Norwich, Villa, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom, Hull and Boro.

If Sunderland got promoted then the season after would be (at a maximum): Hull, Boro, Sunderland, West Brom, Stoke and Swansea, plus 3 relegated sides.

Norwich and Villa are in their final year of their parachute payments, so wouldn't be in that list.

Hull and boro only got this year as they were only 1 season wonders when they got relegated last. Or has the 2 year parachute payments only been in effect since then?

1 minute ago, pride of the west said:

Hull and boro only got this year as they were only 1 season wonders when they got relegated last. Or has the 2 year parachute payments only been in effect since then?

I'm not entirely sure when the 2 year thing came in to play.

Didnt check if any of the current lot were only getting the 2 years.

If that's right then 19-20 could be the season with the best opportunity, with a maximum of 7 sides having parachute payments (3 relegated, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom, and Sunderland if they get promoted), or a minimum of just 3 sides (if Sunderland don't come up, and Stoke, Swansea and West Brom all get promoted then it would be just the 3 relegated sides from this coming season.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

No it won't.

Never heard of the 2 year rule....when did that come in?

Here we go;

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/premier-league-parachute-payment/

Archived