IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Never heard of the 2 year rule....when did that come in?

I never heard of it until earlier, when I did a search to check it was 3 years now as standard, not 4 as it used to be, and found this.

Promoted clubs who are relegated after a single year in the Premier League will no longer benefit from full parachute payments from the 2016-17 season. ... Clubs who go back down after a single year in the Premier League will get only the first two yearsof payments rather than the full three years.

From a Guardian article in June 2015.

5 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

True but he does have Champions League experience and international caps, one as captain.

If we got a third of that for JB we'd have done very nicely, imo.

Yep he does, but he’s played well less than 100 league games and so many on here dismiss Scottish football as ‘pub football’ or ‘Sunday league’ standard (I disagree strongly by the way) that a £25m player can’t possibly exist up there can he?!

On 06/07/2018 at 21:55, Taz said:

Ok, if this sudden "Bryan to Cardiff" thing is true, then to be fair he gets a year in the Premiership - same as Bobby. He also could probably commute to Cardiff without moving house - same as Bobby. If we get a decent fee, then fair enough - whoever it is. It makes sense for him to make the move (thinking from his viewpoint).

Fact is, Bryan isn't heading into his last year, so if they do want him, then it's going to cost more than Bobby. Not bad business.

The thing that interests me more about the whole Cardiff situation - Cunningham, Bobby, and potentially Joe - it looks like they're trying to build a strong Championship team ready for the following year after being relegated at the end of this coming season.....

Bobby has moved to Cardiff, but there staying in a hotel atm until they fined a place they like. 

1 hour ago, JoeUTC said:

Bobby has moved to Cardiff, but there staying in a hotel atm until they fined a place they like. 

Sorry, it was all hypothetical. Technically he/they could commute if they wanted to, and didn't fancy the hassle of moving.

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

No it won't.

It will always stay around the same size.

Parachute payments don't last forever, they last 3 seasons- unless a club is relegated in their first season up, then they only get 2 years.

So at a maximum there will be 9 teams with parachute payments, the list cannot be more than that

There is one huge flaw in that argument - yes, the payments will have stopped, but they will not nessacarily have spent all of it SO they can still invest at a level the ‘rest’ can’t.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So if true then surely we negotiate more than 6.

Tbh he isn’t worth 6 as a LB. They tend not to go for big money. Have a look at the top LB transfers this summer. They aren’t big numbers now factor in his contract. 6m would be a blessing. At best you call him a wide midfielder and then 6m sounds about right just about 

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Tbh he isn’t worth 6 as a LB. They tend not to go for big money. Have a look at the top LB transfers this summer. They aren’t big numbers now factor in his contract. 6m would be a blessing. At best you call him a wide midfielder and then 6m sounds about right just about 

Call him a goalie and give him girls name and we could get £60m for him!

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon they will be after him in a different position. They seem ok at left back. If their opening offer is 6 million, then surely that's not their one and only offer. 

Idk. Just basing it off the LB market of this summer. He is 25(or will be this season), year left on his deal and an inconsitent LN with no experience outside the championship. If we described that LB on here as a potential target we’d be underwhelmed.

Newcastle also is skint. Not signing many unless they sell. Rumours Ashley is promising funds if Rafa signs a new 3 year deal or only gets funds from sales. About 2.5 weeks left it market so me thinks Newcastle not spending much. Also they need a striker more than anything. Maybe JB is a target if Ritchie goes but doubt first choice. 

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Call him a goalie and give him girls name and we could get £60m for him!

Idk. Is he 60m because he has a girls name? Or because he is a Brazilian who has two names(Alisson Becker)?

On 09/07/2018 at 16:08, JamesBCFC said:

No, because there isn't a club in the league getting Sunderlands parachute payment.

Next year it is: Norwich, Villa, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom, Hull and Boro.

If Sunderland got promoted then the season after would be (at a maximum): Hull, Boro, Sunderland, West Brom, Stoke and Swansea, plus 3 relegated sides.

Norwich and Villa are in their final year of their parachute payments, so wouldn't be in that list.

Think Norwich only got 16/17 and 17/18 didn't they, given up then down again?

Villa had a long tenure so this year would be their final one I think- about £13m or thereabouts.

Bryan? I'd be loathe to sell him so close to the season, final year of contract or not. For me he should go to Newcastle (or any other PL side not Cardiff) or stay put- selling him to a Championship rival...:no:

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon they will be after him in a different position. They seem ok at left back. If their opening offer is 6 million, then surely that's not their one and only offer. 

Stoke are after Matt Ritchie which may be relevant

Reported to have offered £11.5 million but Newcastle want 15m (Which I suggest makes JB worth more than the 2/3/4 million that some suggest

The same article does though suggest that they want the money from Ritchie to finance the repurchase of Andre Townsend

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

About 2.5 weeks left it market so me thinks Newcastle not spending much. Also they need a striker more than anything. Maybe JB is a target if Ritchie goes but doubt first choice....

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Stoke are after Matt Ritchie which may be relevant...

I thought Matt Ritchie played wide on the right for Newcastle? Not sure that’s Joe Bryan’s strength? I may be incorrect though...

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon Joe would be good on the right cutting inside and shooting with that left foot. Pretty both footed as well so could cross with his right. 

Nothing like playing someone completely out of position. Defenders will just keep him on his right...pretty obvious really.

Did you suggest that to LJ for Eliasson? 

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought Matt Ritchie played wide on the right for Newcastle? Not sure that’s Joe Bryan’s strength? I may be incorrect though...

I only meant that he could be bought to fill a wing void if Ritchie went. Not really a direct replacement as the have Kenedy already there

3 minutes ago, WRERE said:

In the Sun today that Newcastle are poised to make a £6m bid for Bryan

Interesting since it has been reported that Ashley has told Rafa he has to sell before he can buy. In particular he is said to want some of their 5 keepers moved on. Any opportunity for us there?

Perhaps Mitrovic and Ritchie are about to leave.

Archived